The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Dragonknight Chains/Whip EXP issue] - Ok not cool, how do I get my experience back?

FoRgE2052
FoRgE2052
✭✭
Dragonknight
Ardent Flame
Fiery Grip: Switched the position of this ability with the Lava Whip ability as seen in the skill line UI.
Lava Whip: Switched the position of this ability with the Fiery Grip ability as seen in the skill line UI.

So I read the Patch Notes a while back for PC as I assumed it would be the same for PS4 when it dropped. I saw the above section under the class changes and didn't think anything of it. Though I did notice a few of my chain pulls were not working correctly but didn't think anything of it. To be honest I just thought the game was being buggy and messing with me as always. Though the other night I went to do a respec of my skills, something I hardly ever do on my old DK Tank, and found something completely unacceptable. As my Dragonknight has always primarily been a Tank/StamDPS I hardly ever used Lava Whip. Due to this my Lava Whip was hardly leveled (I believe half way through only Rank 1) but I used Fiery Grip a lot as a Tank to pull mobs in before using my taunt on ranged foes and bringing those mobs in close for my DPS. The problem is when the skills were swapped my experience with the skills didn't move and because of this the ability I want to use is all the way back at halfway through Rank 1 not fully leveled along with its morphs.

It is great and all that the abilities were switched around for users feeling it fell more in line with what you wanted the skill line to represent but what happened to my experience? You switched the skill locations but not the experience. Is there any way to restore this? I use the whip on my Magicka DK, a different character, but not on my tank so this change really throws a wrench into my usual rotation. Why was the experience not moved with the skills when they were moved and why was this not addressed in a PTS prior the patch? I'm sorry to come across as a little sour but this kinda more than upsets me that something like this happened.

As for those who will say "go level the ability", this shouldn't have been an issue to begin with and we all know how long it takes to level abilities further up the skill tree than those unlocked earlier on in the skill line. Is this just being swept under the rug or will there be an experience swap in the near future since the skill location was moved but not the experience?

@ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any thoughts for an aggravated tank?
"Your opponent's sword is not your enemy. Watch your opponent, not his sword." -The Book of Circles, Loredas Maxims
CR 461
Imperial DK Tank/S-DPS
Altmer Templar Healer/M-DPS
Khajiit Nightblade S-DPS
Altmer Sorc M-DPS
Orc Sorc S-DPS
Dunmer DK M-DPS
Redguard Templar S-DPS
  • FoRgE2052
    FoRgE2052
    ✭✭
    Is there going to be any acknowledgement on this? This is still a huge inconvenience as now I can't trust the skill like I used too because if I can't chain things in with the morph, I end up wasting magicka. At least an "oops we're sorry" would be nice since the skills were swapped but the experience we gained with those specific skills were not swapped.
    "Your opponent's sword is not your enemy. Watch your opponent, not his sword." -The Book of Circles, Loredas Maxims
    CR 461
    Imperial DK Tank/S-DPS
    Altmer Templar Healer/M-DPS
    Khajiit Nightblade S-DPS
    Altmer Sorc M-DPS
    Orc Sorc S-DPS
    Dunmer DK M-DPS
    Redguard Templar S-DPS