Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two handed sword still good for damage?

DeltaForce64x
DeltaForce64x
✭✭✭
I keep seeing on chat that some players were arguing about two handed is not same as before- I always thought that class doing heavy damage. its changed? I was thinking to switch
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it changed but you can still make it work really well if you know what you're doing ...
    shades.gif
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How has it changed
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2h is an awesome weapon for PvP. In PvE it's vastly outperformed by dual wield.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP or Maelstrom, it's great. In dungeons and trials, Dual Wield is king.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only thing better than 2h in PvP is 3h.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I made a DK to try 2hander with.

I was going to do Battle Roar with Onslaught that seems like it would be an insane combo 70 percent restoring each time you kill something with onslaught and it refills fully?
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In PvP I only once landed a killing blow with Onslaught. Even some craftable sets can cheat death and make it useless. Also, it might be fast skill but still one could simply dodge it. Plenty of much better ultis out there.
  • rager82b14_ESO
    rager82b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    In PvP I only once landed a killing blow with Onslaught. Even some craftable sets can cheat death and make it useless. Also, it might be fast skill but still one could simply dodge it. Plenty of much better ultis out there.

How about PVE? I kinda want to do a REGEN/2hander nord build that uses just heavy swings and Onslaught/roar combo to keep my stats up. I am trying all types of builds lol.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, it would depend on what type of PvE you have in mind. For normal stuff, it might be a fun thing to try out, but for dungeons ppl will kick you out if you do not deal enough damage or use stuff they find underwhelming, and this ultimate is one of these stuff. Don't be mislead by what I wrote, I adore 2h weapons, but dw is simply much better in PvE group dungeons. And with maelstorm weapons, the dps gap between DW and 2h is just crazy.