The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AP tick mechanism

daedalusAI
daedalusAI
✭✭✭✭✭
How are AP generated when fighting for or near objectives?

I'm already utterly bored from what little pvp I've done but I want to unlock vigor and caltrops for pve and thus are forced to waste my time farming AP.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigor takes 98,000 AP to unlock. You can make that accidentally stumbling into people fighting in one weekend if you play like 2 hours each day. Caltrops takes 188,000 AP, so you might need to PvP for a whole week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Info from quick Google

BRB while I run the pledges every day for a month+ while I get my passives from the undaunted skill line
    Edited by Sallington on October 31, 2016 7:43PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Vigor takes 88,000 AP to unlock. You can make that accidentally stumbling into people fighting in one weekend if you play like 2 hours each day.

Info from quick Google

What an utterly generic answer to a specific question.
    And yes I did find that page among others already.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    daedalusAI wrote: »
    Sallington wrote: »
    Vigor takes 88,000 AP to unlock. You can make that accidentally stumbling into people fighting in one weekend if you play like 2 hours each day.

Info from quick Google

What an utterly generic answer to a specific question.
    And yes I did find that page among others already.

Attacking or defending keeps and their resources automatically distributes a flat amount of Alliance points to the victors. When attacking, the points are awarded the moment the keep is secured; while defending, points are awarded after combat dies down enough for the keep to be considered safe. Both keeps and resources have a "bonus pool" of Alliance points, which is filled as players die during the battle. When the keep has been successfully taken or defended, these bonus points are also distributed among the victors.[1] Therefore, heavily contested keeps are more profitable than taking empty keeps."

I.E. The more people that die in the vicinity of the keep under attack, the more AP is distributed among the keep-owning faction's players that are in the area.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to join the gank train, the easiest way to get AP is to whip out your resto staff, find a good size zerg and hang back and dish out heals.

Defense ticks are also a good source, get a couple of fire ballistas and seek out keeps that are owned by your faction and are on the border to another alliance. Preferable a keep with a scroll in it as they make good targets.

Try to "tag" as many enemy players as possible by hitting them with (ranged) damage. You'll rake in good defense AP.
    popcorn.gif
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP is generated when an objective like; An Outpost, Resource or Keep is taken/Defended. You can still get AP even if you flip a resource with no enemy players around. It's a very small amount, around ~25 AP. Likewise, you earn around ~1,800 for single handily killing an enemy player.

However, if enemy players are involved in objective fights, AP tallies up based on the number of deaths that take place at the objective in question.

For example, I was farming AP up at Bleackers Outpost for 2 hours to unlock Vigor. The place is really out of the way for Aldmeri to get to. However, it's a battleground once you get EP zergs and DC zergs involved. For over 2 hours, we have EP and DC trying to take the out post.

The biggest d tick we had was in the form of 21,000 AP which was generated after an hour long bit of fighting between factions. Even if AD was not involved in the conflict, if EP or DC are dying outside of the objective the objective tallies all of that up and grants AP to the ones defending the area.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on October 31, 2016 7:47PM
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite clear you're demoralised lmfao

I'm sure someone will sell you pvp lessons
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you really don't like PvPing, I suggest taking around 40k in gold and buy rocks for repairs and then when you have some free time go repair some walls.

There are a few things you can do to get more AP: ( note some of this info may be a little outdated )
    1st : AP bonus!
    Killing a delve boss in pvp will give you Blessing of War buff for 1 hour. 20% AP gained. **Try to have it active at all time, it's really worth it.
    Having all home keeps will give you another 5% AP gained.

2nd : Increase Healing done! The more you heal, the more you'll repair the walls and same for the AP gained trought repairs.
    *For DKs : Igneous Shield (Obsidient shield morph) will give you Major Mending (25% healing done)
    *For Templars : Cleansing ritual + Sacred Ground passive will give you Major Mending (25% healing done)
    *For NBs : Soul Siphoner passive will give you 2% (rank 1) or 3% (rank 2) more healing done per Shiponing ability sloted (Potentially a maximum of 18% healing done)
    Combat Medic (Alliance war, Support passive) will give you 10% (rank1) or 20% (rank2) more healing done near keep.
    Ritual Stone gives another 10% healing done (Don't forget to change it once you get Emperor)
    Healing set 5th bonus gives Minor mending (8% more healing done) *Use only when repairing ***The set was working on Dragon and not on Witcher few months later. Not sure if they'll fix it..
    A lvl 1 purple staff with the Powered Trait will give you 6% healing done *Use only when repairing

Having all those bonus was getting me 104AP/stone on my DK and 84AP/stone on my Sorc, instead of 50AP/stone.

You probably know that keep walls upgrade over time. They start at 200k hp and eventually they get a 305k hp pool.
    The auto repair is pretty slow tho so you will have about 100k/walls to repair. Note that in this case, you can also repair useless stuff (postern house, keeps corners and ressource's towers)

Also, if there is a big defense going on or a keep being called ua and you can still port, go ahead.
    You will run out of things to repair for sure so jump on any occasion of good AP. Defense is always good AP!
    Also keep in mind that solo kill can get you 1800 AP (with AP bonus) and zerg kill 50 ish AP

If your alliance is being gate camped you can hang out by the gate and get defense ticks. This weekend I got 25k AP just hanging out at the gate. A few AD would come in and I would let the guards rough them up, and I would finish them off. Easy AP.

If your alliance has Emp and the enemy is on the last Emp keep for a dethrone, go there and fight. The last Emp keep is always good for AP.

Edited by vamp_emily on October 31, 2016 8:11PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see the AP calculations on how much you get per kill here: https://goo.gl/iQ3AwS

Every time someone is killed in range of a keep/outpost/resource, the amount of AP for their kill is given to the player(s) who contributed, as well as being added to a pool. That pool adds up until nobody has died for a certain amount of time, then is distributed EQUALLY among all the players of the faction who owns the location who are in range.

This is why people flock to locations that had big fights in the hopes of getting ticks.

This is also why some groups will build up a tick, then leave so that only one person (who they want to be first on the leader board) get the whole tick. After a BIG fight, if you've seen 100 people at a keep and each got 5k AP, that would have been 500k AP if only one person was there. This is often called a "Moon DiE Tick" because of a player named Moon (guild master of the guild DiE) way back when the game started used this technique to keep on top of the boards.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually rolled up to a resource after a battle concluded, then suddenly get 7,000 AP tick dropped into my lap with no other players in sight.

Those are my favorite d-ticks IMO 1.0. I didn't even help out, but sure I'll take that AP. Clearly the people battling to defend this spot didn't care to stick around for it. 1.0
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    You can see the AP calculations on how much you get per kill here: https://goo.gl/iQ3AwS

Every time someone is killed in range of a keep/outpost/resource, the amount of AP for their kill is given to the player(s) who contributed, as well as being added to a pool. That pool adds up until nobody has died for a certain amount of time, then is distributed EQUALLY among all the players of the faction who owns the location who are in range.

This is why people flock to locations that had big fights in the hopes of getting ticks.

This is also why some groups will build up a tick, then leave so that only one person (who they want to be first on the leader board) get the whole tick. After a BIG fight, if you've seen 100 people at a keep and each got 5k AP, that would have been 500k AP if only one person was there. This is often called a "Moon DiE Tick" because of a player named Moon (guild master of the guild DiE) way back when the game started used this technique to keep on top of the boards.

I was looked for something along those lines to clarify how those ticks work.
    Thanks.