The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Proposed Ideas For Fixing "Broken" Proc Sets (Viper, Velidreth, etc.)

Joshlenoir
Joshlenoir
✭✭✭✭
So first I'd like to start off this post by making it clear, that this Isn't coming from someone who plays only magicka, and cries about "OP stamina" all day while playing relatively dead/outdated specs and class combinations. I main a stamina nightblade, but have been playing magicka temp as of late.
One of the biggest issues with proc sets that seems to go unmentioned is the fact that you're getting FREE damage without having to build into it or sacrifice much to make it effective. I'll give you an example; Valkyn Skoria, a proc set, but requires the user to create a build centered around using damage over time effects to achieve the full benefit of it. People who run things like viper velidreth widowmaker (in whichever combination) all together, get free damage in the sense that you can virtually proc all of these sets together by doing ONE LIGHT ATTACK, OR ONE BASH ATTACK, this shouldn't happen. An individual should not be able to bash an enemy and drop his health to 30% because of procs, It creates a distasteful PvP environment where everyone chases after the newest most OP proc set combination to use, and it makes landing kills inevitably a game of chance / luck. (even though when you're fighting a one punch build viper-tremorscale-widowmaker stamina dps class theres a 99% chance you'll be melted).
Proposed Ideas I'd have to "fix" or "balance" these sets, is for example, keep vipers proc chance and damage, but ONLY allow it to proc off of direct melee range poison (or critical hits). Keep velidreths proc chance and damage, but ONLY allow it to proc off of dealing disease damage, you get the idea. This way people are required to create builds that synergize with their monster helms and actually requires thought to create, rather than just being able to melt people down because their sets carry about half of their DPS.

• DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    those sets should scale off max attribute stats and not a pre fixed damage value , then at least users will have to wear the appropriate armor (light for mag's and medium for stam's) and be as vulnerable as much they wanna dps
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    DPG76 wrote: »
    those sets should scale off max attribute stats and not a pre fixed damage value , then at least users will have to wear the appropriate armor (light for mag's and medium for stam's) and be as vulnerable as much they wanna dps

Speaking of appropriate armor ZoS really needs to require you to wear 5 pieces of a certain type of armor to use that armor ability. (I.E 5 medium to use evasion, 5 heavy to use immovable, and 5 light to use annulment.)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Joshlenoir wrote: »

Speaking of appropriate armor ZoS really needs to require you to wear 5 pieces of a certain type of armor to use that armor ability. (I.E 5 medium to use evasion, 5 heavy to use immovable, and 5 light to use annulment.)

I agree with both these suggestions.
    PS4 NA DC
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

Not unless some costs or the abilities effects are adjusted. Shuffle gives WAY too much utility compared to Immovable for similar cost. Meanwhile, heavy armor magicka users would just be out in the cold.

But otherwise... yeah.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And while we're at it tone down the damage component of Velindreth and Seline's for pity's sake. Without CP they do almost double the damage of my lich crystals from Nerieneth set.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    And while we're at it tone down the damage component of Velindreth and Seline's for pity's sake. Without CP they do almost double the damage of my lich crystals from Nerieneth set.
    And let's not forget about how you can double proc Selines from stealth with dual wield heavy attack, also bypassing the telegraphed summoning animation.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    And let's not forget about how you can double proc Selines from stealth with dual wield heavy attack, also bypassing the telegraphed summoning animation.

Oh that one's just beautiful. Classy.

Now everyone is going to try this...

Don't worry, it'll be fixed next year.
    Edited by Minalan on November 1, 2016 12:07AM