The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Newb to online play

formaltester
formaltester
Soul Shriven
So I am not a newb to rpg gaming, played and finished almost all the FF, Dragon Quest, Dragon age, and played oblivion and skyrim.

I am however new to online play, I am only level ten right now and so far am enjoying the ESO world and game play, I am struggling with building money and finding good weapons and armor, I have already encountered to bosses that I am struggling with and don't know of I need help from other players or need to grind levels?
Any help or feed back would be appreciated, I would like to remain a respectable player, not sure how to meet people in online gaming , I am playing on xbox one ,north America, and my gamer tag is Formaltester
  • majamishu
    majamishu
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there! I'm new to this too although having played for about 2 weeks I'm a level 21 now. I'm on PS4 tag is majamishu. I end up just doing the side missions and getting armor from them but crafting you also can do it that way and build it up. I'm not making that much money either mostly just stealing and selling as well as completing missions. If you want, you can find me online and Ill run some quests with you.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need Gold, engage the Legerdemain System and Steal and Fence. There are many areas that are rich in things to steal with few to no NPCs around so the risk is next to 0.

Gear, with Enchants that help your character is important. Not meaning you need the best set, you just need something. And, don't forget Jewelry, either normal stuff, or something that is part of a set. Just have something in all your slots. Note, while leveling, try to wear a mix of armor weights so they all level up. Food can help, Blue for early levels, Purple for higher ones.

Have a Class Skill and a Weapon skill on your bar at all times so you can get those leveled. Mix in a 5th skill to level up and use along the way. Once you get a skill to Morph stage, you may want to slot another one and get that to Morph rather than build the previous one all the way up. Save maxing your skills for later.

World Bosses are not designed to be solo'd. Wait for other players to show up, or send out a Zone chat that such and such World Boss is up, people will show up, as they are farming dropped set items.

Join a good guild, sometimes you can find one by running with a random player, sometimes from zone chat, sometimes from a thread on the boards here. You can always drop a guild, so don't worry about doing that. There is no black list unless you are a complete tool, and while there is still no list, word will get around if you just dump on everyone all the time. But, try a guild, then leave for whatever reason? No worries there.

Delve Bosses you can solo, if your gear is decent (not the best, just decent) and you have some skills in your rotation. Its all about skills in the game, sometimes weaved in with Light or Heavy Attacks, sometimes just skill rotations. The rotation you use needs to make sense to you and your build, so it will be different for everyone. However, some skills will buff the next skill you use, or next set of skills you use, so maybe use that first. Some skills are Damage over Time, so apply those early, but don't spam them until you need to apply it again. Some skills are cheap cost damage dealers, so spam those, but not so quickly you use up your resources. Weaving in Light or Heavy Attacks, with or without animation canceling, can help.

Finally, combat in this game requires you to be Mobile, Agile and Hostile. Move around, attack from advantage. Learn to Block, Dodge Roll, Interrupt (Bash), Stay out of Red etc, and you can soon take very little damage while in combat, at least most of the time.

Good Luck.

Edited by Nestor on October 31, 2016 2:39PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• formaltester
    formaltester
    Soul Shriven
    That's very helpful, thanks for taking the time to reply