Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Treasure hunter perk

ArpamiesFin
ArpamiesFin
✭✭✭
I unlocked the treasure hunter perk for dolmen farming in bangkorai and i keep getting green jewelry from the chests, so how does this perk even work?
Does it have like a hidden 10% chance to increase the item quality or what?
Im pretty sure that the jewelry in the new sets dont drop in white.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I know dolmen chests are not affected by the passive, just the normal chests you find in open world or dungeons.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on October 31, 2016 12:40PM
  • Skayaq
    Skayaq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I understand, It only works on locked treasure chests and hidden chests from treasure maps.
    Kazari-Dar, Khajiit Nightblade..........Jarkyr Storm-Blade, Nord Sorcerer .......... Dunric Amedain, Breton Templar

Araniwen, Altmer Sorcerer..................Llirasa Andralu, Dunmer Templar...................Marzug gro-Borgaz, Orc Warden

Calinchel, Bosmer Warden...................Jahrel-Xei, Argonian Nightblade....................Cienri Maraeud, Breton Sorcerer

Inara Savicci, Imperial Templar...................Garoric Attilus, Imperial Dragonknight............ Maevina Tallian, Imperial Nightblade

Ravanni-Ko, Khajiit Dragonknight..........Faevyn Ice-Heart, Nord Warden..........Nazran al-Taneth, Redguard Dragonknight
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In this Hallowjack event, I've gotten the Anchor Destroyer achievement (250 dolmens destroyed) on 4 separate toons...that's 1,000 verified dolmens. I got 3 toons to 50 and farmed over 50 CP (maybe another 200 dolmens). After downing over 1,200 dolmens last week, I can state that far more green jewelry drops than blue or purple. But the purple does drop...and I don't have the Treasure Hunter perk.

Just keep farming the dolmens - I have multiple sets of health, magicka, and stamina jewelry sets (necklace and 2 rings) all in purple. I'm just giving them away. I probably have at least 5 sets of each. Maybe 1 purple per every 20-30 dolmens.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably it's something like a X chance of getting the higher quality item instead of what you would get. Green and blue are most common. Let's say P is the probability of getting green, Q is the probability of getting blue and R is the probability of getting purple. P>Q>R, P+Q+R=1, since a jewel is guaranteed from a dolmen chest. The even would first generate a jewel of a quality consistent with the base curve, then RNG based on the passive if it's to be improved.

So with the passive the probabilities should look something like: R'=R+X*Q, Q'=Q+X*P, P'=1-Q'-R'. In practice you would get slightly less green and slightly more blue and purple items. I don't know if the RNG is invoked twice but if it does it's a it would be something like: R'=R+X*(Q+X*P).

Taking P=0.80 Q=0.15 R=0.05 and X=0.1
    it would lead to a new distribution:
    R'=0.05+0.1*(0.15+0.1*0.85)=0.0735
    Q'=0.15+0.1*0.85=0.2350
    P'=1-0.0735-0.2350=0.06915
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    So the perk does no affect the dolmen chest? Okay seems logical as the perk says "find better quality items from chests".
    Yeah but thanks for your answers guys, i'll continue to farm those purple spriggan jewelry.
    Also need those daggers but good luck getting those.
  • peak99
    peak99
    ✭✭✭
    It appaears to be broken, from the patch notes:

Treasure Chests
    -Treasure Chests gained from defeating a Dark Anchor have a 100% chance to drop a ring or amulet set piece form the zone they are located in.
    The above is also true of Unstable Anomalies found in Craglorn.
    -Treasure chests found in the world have a chance to grant any set piece that can drop in that zone.
    ---Simple chests have a slight chance of dropping an item set piece.
    ---Intermediate chests have a good chance of dropping an item set piece
    ---Advanced and Master chests have a guaranteed chance of dropping an item set piece.

-If you have the Treasure Hunter Champion Passive, both the above chances and quality of an item will be improved.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish it provided a chance for gold jewelry in master chests.