The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Bridge Love it or Hate it?

Kymee
Kymee
The bridge fight has become one of the main activities in PVP and I thought it might be useful to discuss the positive and negative sides. The bridge keeps AD from fighting at the keep a great deal of the time. No other faction has a major fight area that does not give a tic except the gates. I think each faction should have something like the bridge or the bridge should give a tic. There has also been discussion in my guild as to whether or not the bridge should allow folks to cross underneath or be a choke point. Not sure myself. I would actually like to see more places to fight or mob bosses that come in and mess up the fight going on so that you have to react to the environment. I feel like the battles get very stale sometimes. Anyway, would love to hear what others think would improve or make more fun the battles.

I also really, really would like to see more achievements for the scrolls. After all it is Elder Scrolls Online.

Oh yea, a boss that spawns on top of the rock runners and tree huggers would be awesome. lol

Kibbles
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as someone whom used to be addicted to the wild melee fights in the arena district of IC, back before they put up flags in IC - i absolutely love them...

I've got bunches of AP - scrolls/keeps/outposts get taken and recovered all the time (at the end of the campaign it's like groundhog day and we do it all over again) - I've been fighting this crazy alliance war (from all sides) for about a year now, and yes, it can get a little repetitive at times...

what I really enjoy is the chaos and unpredictability (to a small extent) of the bridge fights...

I just need more practice knocking people off of the towers and sides more - nothing better than sending someone of to a bitter slaughterfish death...

Edit: concerning "spicing" things up - i wish they could replace the outposts with "open" towns with flags...my dream would be to have a town like cheydinhal as a battle ground...problem with the current three town capture system isn't so much the design (okay, maybe a little bit of that), but, rather their location on the map...

even in a fairly well populated map like scourge - anything away from the center ring is empty most of the time...
    Edited by geonsocal on October 31, 2016 8:25PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    as DC PC NA I rarely go there, but I did last night for a few mnts

saw a huge light show of the Desttro Ultimates going off and decided I wasn't ready for that lol
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭
    love it
    50k ap/h solo
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love it, keeps the mustard and ketchup strained all night during prime time.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the Ash mile gate and the open area before you get to nikel give D and O ticks. First I've heard of that.That is another big battle ground and I would say that is DC's. EP's is obviously the Chal gate. Big fights can happen at each of these points depending on populations and how factions are behaving at the time (organized groups or mindless zerging). I think the verticality of the bridge (you might actually die falling off the top) and the environmental hazards just make it more interesting.

I guess I should say this is from a PC NA perspective.

The towns, as you say, are good but less popular because you have to make an effort to get to them. The exception is Bruma. Its perfectly placed to break up the boring ride from the inner ring to Dragonclaw. If the town captures actually added to the score you would surely see more and larger fights there.
    Edited by tonemd on November 2, 2016 3:09PM
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm unsure. Truly. I'm unable to say honestly. Bridge fight only happened twice. Throughout my 1+ years of serving in Scourge. Minus 2 weeks of accidental deletion. I believe. In Scourge PS4 EU. Map very unpopular for AD and DC.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bridge fights. You mean Alessia Bridge fight.
    It is a bad place for EP. At best, you have Sejanus to respawn at. Then you have to get down the curvy road, or over hills. Both ways there will be 5-10 gankers waiting to farm you. Then you get to the bridge. Destro ultis, Infernal Guardian under the bridge, side attack from gankers, burning oil and trebs... I would nuke the damn bridge if I could. It would be amazing if we could destroy it with siege weaponry. That is my dream lol.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Alyessa-Sej bridge, Ash-Nikel gates, and Bleakers-Chalman gates could use some improvements. They are already popular places to fight due to the lack of keep walls and massive defender advantage.

Personally I'd love to see the following:

1. Two Flags.
    -Defended by a single guard (The weak variant) and a siege merchant.
    -No player re-spawns. (Like resources)
    -Worth 0.5 points campaign points if you own the position.
    -(Bridge) Each side of the bridge has one flag on the second floor
    -(Gates) The left and right side of the gates have one flag each on the second floor.

2. Destructible wall/gatehouses
    - (Bridge) Health equvilant to a full-on keep wall/postern house.
    - (Bridge) Gaps open at 50%, loss of third floor and second floor completely exposed at 0%
    - (Gates) The walls have keep-level health. 50% causes the third floor to fall in and exposes gaps in the second floor, 0% completely exposes second floor.
    - Walls slowly regenerate when not hit by siege as long as the holding faction has one of the two adjacent keeps.

3. AP Tick
    - All three positions give defensive/offensive ticks as long as your faction holds/captures the flags.
    Edited by Jamini on November 11, 2016 2:30PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I go play on the Bridge I let this music play

It is my favorite playground to mess around in as a yellow. 1.0 I don't believe it needs any changes. As there is plenty of cover and places to hide.
  • Pazzoo
    Pazzoo
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlXI_T5SXa4
    Summary of the bridge in 2 min
    Edited by Pazzoo on November 16, 2016 10:01PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pazzoo wrote: »
    https://vid.me/GnCx

that was great :p
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Pazzoo
    Pazzoo
    ✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

that was great :p

thx ^^ what I did during maintenance :p
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the bridge is life, love and eso pvp
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is literally what happens. Everytime i log into Cyrodiil, i check to see if the bridge is open. If it is, i will ride from glade to the bridge if needs be xD
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I always wondered how DC got their 30 man "small scale" group to the bridge
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would like to send it to oblivion. It has caused EP to loose more campaigns than anything else.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Daggerfall player, YESSSS. During prime-time nooo000999+ !
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EP have that choke point on the way to Bleakers if you get bridge tucks we want ticks for the mountain pass
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it. AD thinks they are doing something useful. Stop going to the bridge my fellow bananas.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Exile2112
    Exile2112
    Bridge wars occur in every campaign and I feel like the major reason why they do is because the bridge doesn't need to be repaired.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exile2112 wrote: »
    Bridge wars occur in every campaign and I feel like the major reason why they do is because the bridge doesn't need to be repaired.

whoa, no immediate access to my computer - but, total time to insert mind blown gif...

that's a mighty profound statement there...doesn't sound incredibly difficult to implement (i have no real clue), but, it does change the current dynamic - which would be a very good thing...

would you put flags on the bridge? i'd vote yes on that myself...
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭

This right here is what the internet was made for.
    Edited by Blackfyre20 on December 9, 2016 7:15AM
    Buff Soft Caps
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I know is that every alliance teams up on every alliance and no one hates EP in particular. That's why most pvp happens at the Chalman mile gate or Alessia bridge, because...wait a minute..
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭
    The milegates at ash and chalman both provide defensive advantages to DC and EP respectively, but the bridge doesn't provide the same one sided benefit for AD.. which is probably why it's consistently popular, plus you know it's a bridge.
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
  • MaxTM
    MaxTM
    ✭✭✭

That made my evening lol!
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol... I almost fell off my chair :)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think you will find the bridge serves as the ad/ep gate.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • JkahrrRadnar
    JkahrrRadnar
    ✭✭✭
    Chal mine/Bleakers gate is p fun imo because the fight moves back and forth. But bridge? Eh. I can imagine more productive things than being shot at with ballistas for 20min until the grp leaders sees reason and moves on to another target.
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Bridge and Gate battles are for AP farming on all alliances. A group that intends to take Alessia can always take the 2nd bridge to the east, which is usually empty, and then there's the 3rd bridge even more to the east, which is the back door from Drakelowe.

The Ash/Nikel gate. There's the other gate to the west beyond the mountain range. Opposing alliances will put a camp on top of the gate to farm solo players.

The Chalman/Bleakers gate is the same thing, except the route to the north is much, much longer than the other bypasses.

Smart groups with the intention of making it to the other side take the other routes to avoid the battle clogs. That's what you see everyday in PS4 NA Scourge when the home keeps get taken while the majority of players are busy elsewhere.

If you don't like these AP farm battles, then take the detours.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing