The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What are these red circles?

Mauz
Mauz
✭✭✭
What are these red circles following you in rapid frequency and doing dmg if you dont move out of it? Cant remember I saw that before the last update. Last time I deffed Nikel on the roof over the main gate these circles followed everyone. There were so many of it that it was difficult to have a single shot without sitting in one.

Anyone knows what that is?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might need some more information. Could be from seige, or perhaps infernal guardian procs. Infernal Guardian puts red circles on the ground where it's going to hit and fires 3 mortars one after the other. If it targets you, it'll follow you around.
  • Amica
    Amica
    ✭✭✭
    Ok just to take the *** out of some people in non champ pvp... they are siege being fired at you. Thou must dodge or move out of the red circles. Capture_zpsiyctkjsg.png
    NB Shashu of DC
    DK William x Wallace of DC
    In game @Amica.
    "i Thought i was poor having no shoe's, Until i saw a man with no feet"
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Might need some more information. Could be from seige, or perhaps infernal guardian procs. Infernal Guardian puts red circles on the ground where it's going to hit and fires 3 mortars one after the other. If it targets you, it'll follow you around.

Its not siege. It places I think 3 circles at char location in rapid frequency. If you stay in it you get around 2-3k fire dmg about 1-2 sec later. Doesnt help if you cloak or not.

Sounds like this set. A I see...6 sec cd, 3 circles every 2 sec so no downtime. Goes through stealth. One more completely rediculous proc set. Nevermind.
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Amica wrote: »
    Ok just to take the *** out of some people in non champ pvp... they are siege being fired at you. Thou must dodge or move out of the red circles.

Thx for the pro tip, champ ;) Have fun dodging it.

• melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the same thing last night for the first time. I was on the roof of a tower hitting AD below and no one noticed me as the fight was on the ground.
    Somehow red outlined circles kept appearing and hitting me but I could not see where it came from. It's not siege or anything as it's too small for it and I know how sieges etc look like and hit. The circles are not fully lit its just a glowing round red line that is moving on the floor. Very strange indeed.
    Edited by melek-taus on October 31, 2016 10:13AM
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    Alucardo wrote: »

Its not siege. It places I think 3 circles at char location in rapid frequency. If you stay in it you get around 2-3k fire dmg about 1-2 sec later. Doesnt help if you cloak or not.

Sounds like this set. A I see...6 sec cd, 3 circles every 2 sec so no downtime. Goes through stealth. One more completely rediculous proc set. Nevermind.

If it goes through stealth and places 3 red circles one after the other it definitely sounds like Infernal Guardian. It has no LoS checking and doesn't care if you're in stealth or not. Does a fair bit of damage if you don't move out of the AOE too. Fortunately it's pretty easy to dodge.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been in stealth and felt like i was being chased at all times while fighting around a couple sorc's with Infernal Guardian on in a Resource Tower. I was in stealth, not cloak either. Thankfully i had Rapid Maneuvers active while being a vampire so i could out run the red circles but they are defiantly not working as intended. Infernal Guardian seems to know where im at all times.
    PS4 NA DC
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Infernal guardián more than likely. I always run around clapping my hands hunting for sneaky people :p
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Its easy to dodge, yes, but its up 24/7 so you cant dodge it forever.

As a stealth based character you'll definitely lose that fight. This set completely negates your defence. You cant even escape cause it is following you on range whereever. Even if you use your shadow to teleport to the next roof top it is following you as long as this guy is casting his shield every 6 sec what he should do anyway. Its passive and it hits you even out of line of sight. The only way to deal with it is to nuke him down with another combination of set procs on your side.

This kind of gameplay right now is just plain stupid :(
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, looks like Infernal Guardian. It has cooldown though so it might be multiple players spamming it.
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ yup
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stay out of red :p>:)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    Its easy to dodge, yes, but its up 24/7 so you cant dodge it forever.

As a stealth based character you'll definitely lose that fight. This set completely negates your defence. You cant even escape cause it is following you on range whereever. Even if you use your shadow to teleport to the next roof top it is following you as long as this guy is casting his shield every 6 sec what he should do anyway. Its passive and it hits you even out of line of sight. The only way to deal with it is to nuke him down with another combination of set procs on your side.

This kind of gameplay right now is just plain stupid :(

WTF... some proc sets are just frigging stupid. It doesn't kill me but man it was irritating as hell.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if IG can be reflected? Haven't tested it.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if IG can be reflected? Haven't tested it.

It cannot.