The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[Proposal] New Sets crafting method

jhonnyx82
jhonnyx82
✭✭
Dear community,

What do you feel about changing the way the crafted sets are made? I am thinking that it would be much more interesting to add along the fixed crafted sets in the world also a customizable presonal crafting sets, let me explain the way I would see it:

1) You can achieve through challenges (can be anything already existing in achievements or new ones...) new crafting specs like: add stamina / add health and of course the major 5 item bonus
2) to actually produce a custom set from what you access at point 1, you need to have some crafting "tokens" that likewise can be achieved through challenges (can be partecipating to things like maelstrom arena, dragonstar arena etc), this allows you to add more feature to your custom set
3) customization is limited obviously to a certain max level ( can be increased in time for new effects...) and each bonus has a cost, that consumes the tokens at point 2

A system like this would make less possible to just build out any armor for anyone, you actually have to do several challenges to build up your set, may take time, but it's YOUR set! it's based on what you think you need and also...such custom sets may even be bound on pickup (even if I think that would kill the purpose of free Exchange!), something to gratify a little more who spent lot of time fixing up crafting skills

Well..maybe this will not happen, but I am still the same guy who proposed right after the beta to have quests that challenges with opposite goals 2 users: let's say you are fighter's guild and you are challenged to protect a bank...well someone may very well be thieves guild :smile: and be tasked to rob it
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you are suggesting an elite crafting end game where you get to use more potent customized slots even the 5pc if your crafter fights really really well in arenas?

Why?

I know right now crafting needs work as far as equip goes but its not just an endgame crafting problem. In fact at endgame, some of the drop set advantages go away. Thr isdue is more problematic at non-max endgame play.

I see this as odd (better fighting earns for elite crafting) and not hrlpful to equip crafting as a whole. It just adds a new level of arena fights edge over casual.

Maybe more fleshing out is needed.

Whats the goal?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• jhonnyx82
    jhonnyx82
    ✭✭
    who said it has to be endgame? :)

GMs can decide that you can go along dedicated questlines for achieving them but I think about this as an endgame add because mid game you can be fine with the presets you can craft in the world.

I think that at endgame you stop using them maybe and chase for better dropped gear, result is...what do you do with your crafting skills? WRITS? ;)

In my opinion endgame crafting is not ok, so adding a new custom layer would solve two problems:

1) avoid to unbalance crafted over dropped sets (or vice versa) since they can be the same but custom
    2) not kill the up to now model of crafting sets (that is indeed scaled to the beginning and mid game)

I would not unlock such a crafting system with existing quests, it would make it dull for people that are already late in the game maybe, perhaps as a gold pledge drop? not sure but I would see it something like the Hakeijo rune with latest Patches is expensive but accessible, before it was almost impossible to access it
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jhonnyx82 wrote: »
    who said it has to be endgame? :)

GMs can decide that you can go along dedicated questlines for achieving them but I think about this as an endgame add because mid game you can be fine with the presets you can craft in the world.

I think that at endgame you stop using them maybe and chase for better dropped gear, result is...what do you do with your crafting skills? WRITS? ;)

In my opinion endgame crafting is not ok, so adding a new custom layer would solve two problems:

1) avoid to unbalance crafted over dropped sets (or vice versa) since they can be the same but custom
    2) not kill the up to now model of crafting sets (that is indeed scaled to the beginning and mid game)

I would not unlock such a crafting system with existing quests, it would make it dull for people that are already late in the game maybe, perhaps as a gold pledge drop? not sure but I would see it something like the Hakeijo rune with latest Patches is expensive but accessible, before it was almost impossible to access it

Well effectively you did by saying "can be partecipating to things like maelstrom arena, dragonstar arena etc" which are not lets say good rookie methods for achievement.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with @STEVIL, your idea could have a lot of merit if you could define it a little better ...

Are you leaving end game out of this idea? So, this would apply to gear up to the CP140-CP150 tiers (but not CP160)?
  • jhonnyx82
    jhonnyx82
    ✭✭
    Agree with @STEVIL, your idea could have a lot of merit if you could define it a little better ...

Are you leaving end game out of this idea? So, this would apply to gear up to the CP140-CP150 tiers (but not CP160)?

Thank you for appreciating its potential :smile:

I think endgame may be best suited to develop such custom crafting but, why not? Custom crafting unlock progression may be developed during all game achievements for "normal" traits like add health/stamina/magika and the level of their combination (each trait has a cost) and also several 5 pieces bonus.

I would leave for late game to unlock stronger 5 pieces trait and to unlock the 3/2 pieces custom set in the form of scrolls like the current glass motif scrolls, the crafting tokens instead can be either dropped from pledges/trials/challenges and fot a considerable price (high!) Bought also from imperial city, I would not make them a "random" currency but a fixed one, to predict a little when you will be able to craft your set and this currency to be not tradable (like tel var stones)

This to make possible for you to craft your set but make it harder to craft such sets for everybody, otherwise high ranked crafter would just create tons of sets, this way it cannot really happen, but I would leave opened the possibility to craft for others.

PS:
    1) I agree that arenas should not be where to get these tokens at the beginning but where to use the sets :smile:
    2) Client writs may be included in the writ board, whitin the guild you can open a contract to produce X item/s for a price, a crafter may take it and do it, kind of automated COD.
    3) someday a new skillset to craft rings?
    4) a trait (divines-like) to boost the % of your constellation ?
    Edited by jhonnyx82 on October 31, 2016 2:03PM