The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nord DragonKnight be needing help with building

Dameon
Dameon
Hi! As u have read from the title,i want to build my nord to a dps dragonknight stam, but i have no idea how to do that. I tried (haha tried) to build myself and failed bloody miserably. So my main focus is to be either 1h and s, DW or 2h. i am a werewolf, and maxed in all my class skills and fighters guild. I am currently wearing a 5 piecec hundings and 4 piece (including DW) night silence. So let me know please! :smile: Much appreciated
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nord is not your best choice. But it will be fine.

Dw main bar and bow back bar. Use sharpened trait on all. Throw a wpn damage enchant on 1 dw weapon and your bow. Throw poison damage or crushing on your other dw weapon. Make all weapons gold as priority.

Hundings and nights silence is a decent combination initially. id suggest getting yourself agility jewellery with all wpn damage enchants. And aim for a 2 piece monster set like kragh from FG1 or Velidreth from Cos. Alternativly you can get something like 1 bloodspawn and 1 kena/velidrerh for some regen and weapon damage from the 1 pc bonuses.

Try bars something like this:

Bar 1 dw: Venomous claw, steel toenado, rending slashes, rapid strikes, rearming trap, Flawless dawnbreaker

Bar 2 bow: poison injection, caltrops (or igneous shield/igneous weapons), endless hail, vigor (or another of ur choice), flames of oblivion, Dawnbreaker of smiting.

For rotation:
    -Keep rearming trap down
    -light/medium weave everything
    -You need to keep the dots from endless hail, poison injection, venomous claw and rending slashes ticking. (Look at the durations of each and work out the order you need to cast/use them)
    -fill the gaps with rapid strikes.
    -Use standard of might as your ultimate. Flawless dawbreaker is only on your frontbar for the passive weapon damage it gives you. Dont use it unless the fight will be over before standard is recharged.

- the key is maintaining those dots. Make sure you have a buff tracking addon that shows you the time left on each one and you want to be casting it again as it is running out
    - dont fall into the habit of spamming your 'spammable' skill rapid strikes. Dots have priority. You should find you wont get more than 2 or so out in a row before you have to recast a dot.

Have fun.
    Edited by Haquor on October 30, 2016 12:20PM
  • Dameon
    Dameon
    I really despise the bow, i dont like it. is there anything with two handed?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dameon wrote: »
    I really despise the bow, i dont like it. is there anything with two handed?

To do the best dps you can, you need to use it, for endless hail and poison injection, the only thing using a two hander would be good on a stam knight for executioner, since you don't have a class execute. Maybe if you did what @Haquor said but replace endless hail with cleave and poison injection with executioner but even then you will be losing a lot of dps.
  • Dameon
    Dameon
    I see well looks like i have to adapt
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not ideal as DD, but it could make a good tank. My main is a Nord Stamina DK and has both DD and Tank build, depending on what gear he uses. Only thing he lacks is 2W, but that will happen soon, when I release the points invested in research. But as a new build you should focus on one aspect. From my own experience it's easier to level as DD - full stamina build, mostly medium armor, bow and 2H for more survivability. Bow is indeed weak as stand alone weapon, but it has good DoTs which you can stack. You will be using mostly poison injection and endless hail and slot utility skills on that bar - trap, vigor, caltrops, ingenous shield etc.

It really depends on what you plan to do with that build:
    - PvE DD - 2W+Bow, medium armor
    - PvE Tank - 1H+S, heavy armor
    - PvP 1H+S, 2H, heavy armor (tanky build) or 2H+Bow medium armor (burst build)

Of course that's a general answer, because the question itself was a bit vague. For specific sets there's much higher actual variety. So maybe you want to look into those to see what suits you best. For example I run:

2 Bloodpawn + 5 Willow's Path + 3 Endurance + 2 Alesia's Bulwark as Tank
    3 Night Mother's Gaze + 5 Hunding's Rage + 3 Agility as DD

But there's a lot of dropped sets now that may perform better.
    Edited by Asardes on October 31, 2016 11:04AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Dameon
    Dameon
    Sweeet thnx man
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    i am sure somebody has already said this, but I use 5 TBS and 5 VO with Dual wield daggers or dagger and axe with bow on back bar. Sometimes depending on the situation and group i will run % TBS and 3 VO with 2 velidreth still dual wield and bow. You never use 2h for dps in PvE content. My bar setup on my Dual wield bar is Venemous claw, Rapid strikes, steel tornado, vigor, and noxious breath. On my bow bar i use endless hail, poison inject, obsidan shield, igneous weapons, and rearming trap. Basically you make sure you have endless hail up at all times and keep your DoTs on the enemies at all times and you will be good to go. i forgot to mention my weapons are all sharpened maelstrom weapons, but they are not necessary, however, they help maximize your dps.
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK