The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Krags, Seducer, or Magnus? 5/1/1 HIghElf Sorc PvP setup

oTheTownDrunk
So I'm about to get a suit crafter for pvp I am thinking of 5/1/1 setup with 2 pieces infused on chest and legs and inpen on the rest. Not sure what monster helm set yet. What do you guys think I'm 187 right now high elf sorc and will be using 3 piece arcane willpower jewelry. Looking to buy this setup if anyone can make this for me.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC, Xbox etc?

If it where me, out of those listed, I would pick Krag.

My first choice crafted would be Juliannos or TBS depending on PvP or PvE

Even if light or heavy I would go krag, use that witchmother's for health magicka and regen, use mundus for regen too, if not enough (it should be) but if not, Id then add one glyph
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, as a sorc, without Wards ur dead pretty quick. And wards don't Crit, so that much Impen could be a waste depending on setup / viewpoint. Personally I run Infused on the 3 big bits and divines the rest to max out my Magika size (and this bigger Wards) you cam increase Crit protection with CP also. Just ideas.

I personally run 7 Light too, for the extra passives rather than 4% more bars, again personal preference but way I see it is if I'm at 40k Magika and 23/4k Health I'm cool on bars.

Ran krags for a while for the health, and speedy reading can help. TBS would be my choice if I we're making a set now.

If XBOX EU msg me I cud probably help craft some of it.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • oTheTownDrunk
    I'm basically trying to prevent getting hit instantly and dieing before I can shield up and access the situation ya know.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What works best for me is one sustain set and one DPS set in PVP.

Seducer and Magnus are solid sustain sets, but I prefer the 8% flat cost reduction of seducer personally. The
    Magnus set might never activate in a fight, or proc on a stupid cheap spell like degeneration (never something costly like mines).

You can mix either of those with Spinner, Mother's Sorrow, Netch, Burning Spellweave, Martial Knowledge, etc, or a willpower/monster set combo. Spinner you can buy cheap on most vendors now.

Kags and Julianos are great DPS crafted sets, and they work well with lich and a monster set if you can get ahold of those. If you time a magicka/major intellect pot to hit right after the lich proc, you're basically set for mana. But most of the time you don't need the potion.

Some people are mixing two DPS sets, like Julianos and Spinner. I tried that, even with the Witch brew and atro mundus the sustain felt too low for me personally. I was chugging magicka/major intellect pots like a rabid alcoholic just who fell off the wagon. But it DOES work, and five piece 300 spell damage bonus and crit, with 4K armor pen five piece bonus hits HARD.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The three crafted sets you listed are awesome for magicka regen ... but not the greatest for DPS ...

As the post above me indicated, do some theorycrafting to boost your DPS. That might be through a few pieces of Julianos (to supplement the other 5-piece set), spell damage enchants on weapons or on the Willpower jewelry, or through champion points ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 29, 2016 11:37PM
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm basically trying to prevent getting hit instantly and dieing before I can shield up and access the situation ya know.

Exactly, Divines is for the PvE scrubs!
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • oTheTownDrunk
    I have a full light julianos suit with divine on it but I'm to squishy with it. I got krags 5/1/1 heavy chest and legs infused and the other 3 with inpen. Need a monster set now. May also play around with some of my other pieces I've recently got. Any other good jewelry sets to
    Look for? Already have willpower arcane 3 piece. Also have a willpower staff I may use to fit another ring or necklace in my setup.
    Edited by oTheTownDrunk on October 30, 2016 1:03PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Seducer and Magnus are solid sustain sets, but I prefer the 8% flat cost reduction of seducer personally. The
    Magnus set might never activate in a fight, or proc on a stupid cheap spell like degeneration (never something costly like mines).

You can mix either of those with Spinner, Mother's Sorrow, Netch, Burning Spellweave, Martial Knowledge, etc, or a willpower/monster set combo. Spinner you can buy cheap on most vendors now.

Kags and Julianos are great DPS crafted sets, and they work well with lich and a monster set if you can get ahold of those. If you time a magicka/major intellect pot to hit right after the lich proc, you're basically set for mana. But most of the time you don't need the potion.

Some people are mixing two DPS sets, like Julianos and Spinner. I tried that, even with the Witch brew and atro mundus the sustain felt too low for me personally. I was chugging magicka/major intellect pots like a rabid alcoholic just who fell off the wagon. But it DOES work, and five piece 300 spell damage bonus and crit, with 4K armor pen five piece bonus hits HARD.

Not criticizing at all, but how much recovery do you need man :lol: ? Atro mundus and the Brew is already too much for me personally. With destro 1.5k is enough IHMO and DW around 1.8k should be enough to sustain for days as long as you stacked enough into cost reduction in CP.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • oTheTownDrunk
    Anybody ever run suducer set 5 heavy 1 med 1 light setups? Seducer suit is dope for regen just wonder how well it counters the heavy armor.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody ever run suducer set 5 heavy 1 med 1 light setups? Seducer suit is dope for regen just wonder how well it counters the heavy armor.

With heavy armor you lose the concentration passive and about 5K spell pen. Heavy armor Sorcs have higher costs, and not enough burst damage to kill anything.
    Minalan wrote: »

Not criticizing at all, but how much recovery do you need man :lol: ? Atro mundus and the Brew is already too much for me personally. With destro 1.5k is enough IHMO and DW around 1.8k should be enough to sustain for days as long as you stacked enough into cost reduction in CP.

I've been playing on TF. With the size of the red and yellow zergs there is never enough mana to kill all of them, and you're almost never out of combat. In the 50 v 50 fights over Chal last night? I'd have never killed so many or stayed alive so long without the lich proc and major intellect pots (2.5K-3K Regen).

Plus I like to play no-CP when I get the chance, there you only get the regen from your gear.