The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Best light armour for magplar

Suter1972
Suter1972
✭✭✭✭
I'm a mixed bag of researched traits. Some I'm 8 trait. Some I'm 3

I can do bits of julianos but all of seducer or Magnus

In pve I'm struggling with mag regen. If I sort that with jewelry I then sacrifice max health. Seems I can't balance things.

Can anyone suggest what I should look to be crafting or even help me craft bits I can't if I get mats/ style stones etc
Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer

Best Answers

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are drop sets out of the question? Lich is a really nice recovery set (farmed from Crypt of Hearts), for certain contexts.

On my magplar, I do a lot of solo play, farming CP and grinding for items to sell for gold. I run 5 lich and 5 julianos, lich resto on my backbar (since this was the limitation of pre-1T). It may not be BiS or min/maxed, but I get the dps I need to kill most PvE monsters, and I get enough recovery so that I never really have to stop my grind.

I call this my lazy gear, because, quite franky, when I'm doing solo content or easy PvE dungeons, sometimes I want to turn my mind off a little bit and just relax. xD On my frontbar, I run inner light, instead of vampires bane, since I get spell crit just for having it slotted, rather than casting. I run structured entropy for the spell dmg buff and complement it with meteor. Combining those three mages guild abilities, I get a nice little boost in max magicka and magicka recovery thanks to one of the mages guild passives. When I'm low on magicka, I just bar swap real quick and get the Lich proc and go back to my dps bar.

If I'm in trouble, I can swap to my backbar for two shields: magicka harness and healing wards. I can also put utility skills on that bar like rune focus and repentance (whatever).

I didn't mean to go on about my build, but I felt like I had to justify why I am recommending Lich set when many others might not. It works really well for my playstyle. Maybe it'll work for yours.

Otherwise, I'd just stick with the hyper-optimized DPS builds that are out there and rely on alternative means for regeneration like those @Mojmir recommended. The new witch festival food would punish DPS, since it gives a smaller boost to max magicka, but, I would do it. I used to run Frothgar for the recovery, despite all the haters watching my streams telling me to switch to max food. The good thing about food is that you can easily switch from one type to another depending on the situation.
    Answer ✓
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What level are you? If you are not 50+ with at least 160cp, you really can get away with anything and ought to just focus on playing the game till you get there, it really opens up the game once you hit those levels.

Also this-
    I have all julianos ( 5 light 1 med and 1 heavy)

If you are wearing all 7 armor pieces of julinanos, this is bad, you only need 5. Then you can have 3(usually the head shoulder and weapon). Since you are having sustain issues, I would make them sudusers. Then I would use a resto staff as your primary, the passives give 30 % more magic back on heavy attacks.
    Answer ✓
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Channeled focus and ele drain, also buy the new witch recipes,one has health/magicka/magicka recovery.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I use witches brew.

I have all julianos ( 5 light 1 med and 1 heavy).

I have all character points in mag only.

Once buffed I have 16k Heath, 26k magica but only 469 mag recovery.

If I spam puncturing sweep it empties the mag pool in 4 or 5 seconds. If I have a group of tough mobs I'm usually in trouble and relying on a quick potion
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently on 5 Mother's Sorrow (farmed in Deshaan) + 4/5 Julianos + 2 Seducer. With channeled focus and a spell power potion here and there I rarely hit the buffers with my magicka pool.