Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Viable magsorc PvP gear?

Snootking
Snootking
✭✭
With the way PvP works right now I get that without being a stamproc you're gonna have a bad time (insert meme) but what do you think about this for a magsorc gear set up which may help to keep you alive and return some burst before you die?

5 burning spellweave (4 light body + weapon)
1 max magicka monster set such as ilambris (light)
5 rattlecage (2 heavy body + 3 jewellery)

Thoughts?
Breton Sorcerer
XBONE EU: Watsonatorr
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you can sort your spells as offensive on mainbar and defensive/utility on backbar you can make a build like 5 piece spellweave with staff on backbar and 5 piece rattlecage on mainbar (if there is a staff for the set) and 2 piece of monster helm.

You just have to carefully maintain Spellweave's proc and once it does just swap back to mainbar and keep going offensive.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spellweave is more of a pve set. I run 5 spinner on destro staff bar (everyone and their grandma is wearing heavy armor), 5 lich on restro staff bar, and 1 kena shoulder 1 ilambris helmet. Because stam hits so damn hard I find myself recasting my shields ofter so I may farm for 2x infernal guardian just to keep pressure while I'm on the defensive. I do really well against anyone who isn't some elite duelist, just never forget to use your mines as a sorc
    Edited by DannyLV702 on October 29, 2016 8:31AM
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently using x5 lich, x5 spinners and x2 infernal guardian. It's very good for open world, lich maybe to much sustain if you want it for dueling though.

I'm not sure about Rattlecage, I've put it on my Templar to try but I don't feel it's optimal for a sorc. Also I'm not sure how good burning Spellweave is for PvP hopefully someone can give you some insight on that.
    Edited by psychotic13 on October 29, 2016 8:35AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently using x5 lich, x5 spinners and x2 infernal guardian. It's very good for open world, lich maybe to much sustain if you want it for dueling though.

I'm not sure about Rattlecage, I've put it on my Templar to try but I don't feel it's optimal for a sorc. Also I'm not sure how good burning Spellweave is for PvP hopefully someone can give you some insight on that.

I'm also not sure how effective spellweave would be in pvp. It would have downtime, and it offers nothing for sustain but it would probably need to be paired with spinners to be most effective at increasing your damage. If you want to run around on your own as a sorc I think you need seducer/lich/amberplasm.

I quite like the idea of making a shock build with netch's touch but I don't think it would work for the same reasons; it would need to be paired with spinners and then where is your sustain?
    PC | EU
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also not sure how effective spellweave would be in pvp. It would have downtime, and it offers nothing for sustain but it would probably need to be paired with spinners to be most effective at increasing your damage. If you want to run around on your own as a sorc I think you need seducer/lich/amberplasm.

I quite like the idea of making a shock build with netch's touch but I don't think it would work for the same reasons; it would need to be paired with spinners and then where is your sustain?

The thing about netch's touch is that most of a sorcs burst will come from curse/frags and neither are shock. Could be useful for PvE I guess if using LIquid Lightning and wall of elements. As for sustain, you could always use the new food which gives like 320 recovery on top of Magicka and health, that paired with the Atronach Mundus should be decent enough sustain for most builds.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rattle cage is a bad set for Sorcs.

You should be getting major sorcery buff from either degeneration/entropy or from power surge.

Without that you're missing the constant DOT heals on every crit, which is a really good HOT that keeps your health topped up. You also don't get the empowered frags from degeneration/entropy.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm a recent convert to lich. It's the best sustain set in the game by far since the proc is affected by CP. It was a long, grueling farm but I got it.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I'm a recent convert to lich. It's the best sustain set in the game by far since the proc is affected by CP. It was a long, grueling farm but I got it.

What have you paired it with out of curiosity ?
  • Kravz
    Kravz
    ✭✭
    my problem is the survival right now.

even with shields up... 3x proc... just... death recap... viper,veli,red mountain,incapacitating...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kravz wrote: »
    my problem is the survival right now.

even with shields up... 3x proc... just... death recap... viper,veli,red mountain,incapacitating...

Nightblades are ridiculous this patch. Period. This is a Wrobel thing. If he were smart (ha ha ha) incap wouldnt do that kind of damage for the cost, and proc sets would reset the CD timers on one another.

Use block. Keep shields up. If you can survive it, hit the destro ultimate and instantly fry them. They love that.
  • Kravz
    Kravz
    ✭✭
    blocking on magicka sorc really helps... destro ultimate, i should use that!

wait ...

• CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    I still run 5 lich on back bar and 5 julianos/vd on front bar dual wielding sharpened swords with 3 willpower jewelry.
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been running 5h/1/1

Kagsx5
    Seducerx3-5(backbar with s&b)
    3xwillpower
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Snootking
    Snootking
    ✭✭
    @CPTRutt with dw swords what skill is your main spam? Endless fury?
    Breton Sorcerer
    XBONE EU: Watsonatorr
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good gear in PvP for magicka sorc :

- Necropotence
    - Infernal guardian
    - Will power
    - Spinner
    - Lich
    - Amberplasm
    - Burning spell weave
    - Master Staves
    - Maelstrom Staves
    - Engine

- Other I probably forgot.
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    Snootking wrote: »
    @CPTRutt with dw swords what skill is your main spam? Endless fury?
    I hit an enemy with curse and then spam entropy until my CFrag procs then hit them with a proced frag buffed up with might of the mages guild then hit them with mages wrath. Basically all you do is keep up your shields and keep velicious curse on them, hit them with entropy and when you have a frag ready hit them with it then execute. Rinse and repeat till they are dead. Also make sure you keep up boundless storm. This gives you extra resist. When you run low on magic swap to back bar proc lich. If you find yourself struggling to fight then streak away and use boundless sprint then streak again.

50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK