The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Infernal Guardian

Ferrofluid
Ferrofluid
✭✭✭
Is this set supposed to hit you when you're in sneak? I'm finding it horrendous on my nb since every time i go invisible i just get hit by mortars :/
a.k.a. Aps
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This and another bug where mortars going through walls was reported in PTS and surprise surprise.. it went live anyway.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    So they'll probably do nothing about it then...
    a.k.a. Aps
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha the fact that it can do that, might just be the single good thing about this "gosu" magicka set :D
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• chuckselegy
    chuckselegy
    ✭✭
    I personally don't see how it's "bug," or improper set mechanic.
    Infernal guardian procs the mortars only when a person in being attack and is casting a damage shield as a reaction to that attack. How is it different from wings or the reflect from s&b?
    Sneak would be too over-powered if it too was the ultimate dodge chance also.
    Besides when you are in sneak or cloaked and you cast a damage ability you are immediately brought out of stealth. And if the attacked cast the shield quick enough then infernal guardian isn actually pulling you from sneak; rather, it is procing on you before you can return to sneak.
    I'm all for being in stealth and yanking players dream and ambitions away from them as they ride between keeps but let's be honest and agree that sneak or stealth is too op in most combat scenarios.
    Best suggestion mate, adapt to the situation
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infernal guardian procs the mortars only when a person in being attack and is casting a damage shield as a reaction to that attack. How is it different from wings or the reflect from s&b?
    Besides when you are in sneak or cloaked and you cast a damage ability you are immediately brought out of stealth. And if the attacked cast the shield quick enough then infernal guardian isn actually pulling you from sneak; rather, it is procing on you before you can return to sneak.
    I'm all for being in stealth and yanking players dream and ambitions away from them as they ride between keeps but let's be honest and agree that sneak or stealth is too op in most combat scenarios.

Yes, because mag sorcs neeeeeever put up shield out of combat, ever. They always stroll around the battlefield, with shields down. That is just how they roll.

And also, you forget that it shoots at the farthest away enemy. Which is often not the person attacking the shieldstacker.

Based on what you are writing, it seems you do not know how the set actually works / procs.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    This set will target people who are in stealth and even not attacking the wearer.
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaiden wrote: »
    This set will target people who are in stealth and even not attacking the wearer.

So if the person casting the shield isn't in combat at all, this thing will still proc on someone stealthed nearby? That's messed up.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

So if the person casting the shield isn't in combat at all, this thing will still proc on someone stealthed nearby? That's messed up.

Apparently the player base (zergs) now spam this while on the move to find NBs etc... I don't know how I feel about this yet
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently the player base (zergs) now spam this while on the move to find NBs etc... I don't know how I feel about this yet

It should at least require that they be in combat...with anyone.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It should at least require that they be in combat...with anyone.

I agree, why I have mixed feelings is in duels. Go invis, and stealth and... well where the f did they go? Infernal will find em!
    But in open world imo it shouldn't work like that...

Thus mixed feelings
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

Yes, because mag sorcs neeeeeever put up shield out of combat, ever. They always stroll around the battlefield, with shields down. That is just how they roll.

And also, you forget that it shoots at the farthest away enemy. Which is often not the person attacking the shieldstacker.

Based on what you are writing, it seems you do not know how the set actually works / procs.

The set does not work on people that are not tagged in combat with the mag sorc (or one of their grpmates - this works both ways, ie: if you attacked one person out of a 24 ppl grp everyones infernal guardian out of that grp will now target you).
    Edited by Derra on October 28, 2016 6:55PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you aren't in combat the set doesn't proc at least that's what I've been noticing. I've only been using it for about a week now, and I like it more everyday. This set is very underrated
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sounding like an "In Combat" problem more than a set problem. I don't think a player should be considered In Combat until they attack or are attacked, unless they are grouped.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you aren't in combat the set doesn't proc at least that's what I've been noticing. I've only been using it for about a week now, and I like it more everyday. This set is very underrated

It's extremely underrated, i absolutely love it, i've been running it day 1T.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been hit by this by a caster standing outside inner keep walls while im inside, and on top of resource towers while caster is standing on the flag, it simply ignores all obstacles and "hidden" status etc. It just adds to the broken procc-meta

PC EU
    PvP only
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infernal Guardian is broken..it shoots through walls and ceilings and everything else...I was going to use this on my Sorc after 15 minutes i banked the set....im not using any proc sets at all...just high max magicka and stats...i'd rather lose playing the game myself then to win because the game(armor proc sets) played the game for me....just my 2 cents...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the most blatant examples of ZOS' disregard for PvP is the way this set 'works'.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    One of the most blatant examples of ZOS' disregard for PvP is the way this set 'works'.
    "There are walls in Cyrodiil?" - ZOS 2016
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    Destro Ulti is much of the same LoS ignoring nonsense. At this point it's hard to see anything except intended negligence.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destro Ulti is much of the same LoS ignoring nonsense. At this point it's hard to see anything except intended negligence.
    You don't understand, this is the first step to removing all LOS from Cyrodiil in order to fix the lag. Soon we will all just be fighting in one big empty field.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't understand, this is the first step to removing all LOS from Cyrodiil in order to fix the lag. Soon we will all just be fighting in one big empty field.

Fing finally, nothing better than chasing the same (insert any word here)person around rock because they can't finish off their half hearted gank... /end sarcasm
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will this mean my immersion is going to be fixed by reintroducing deer and torchbugs?