The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No pet health bars :((

Zeltika
Zeltika
Soul Shriven
OMG! Been playing other MMOs (WoW/Rift/FFXIV) ... I totally love ESO but (OMG!!) no health bars on combat pets!?
I did a search and seems this is an old subject ... sorry for yet another post on this! ... but its a mechanic essential to
know when your combat pet is taking serious damage ... else how to anticipate to be able to counter a boss that's about
to land on my lap??
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeltika wrote: »
    OMG! Been playing other MMOs (WoW/Rift/FFXIV) ... I totally love ESO but (OMG!!) no health bars on combat pets!?
    I did a search and seems this is an old subject ... sorry for yet another post on this! ... but its a mechanic essential to
    know when your combat pet is taking serious damage ... else how to anticipate to be able to counter a boss that's about
    to land on my lap??

+1

If we want to play reactive and responsive, we should be able to see the health/shield bar of our pets

Otherwise we are forced to gamble or to cast heals/shields preventive.

Edited by hrothbern on October 27, 2016 5:43PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the options on in my settings. My pets have a green health bar above their head. It shows either the ward strength or their health (not both - if ward is up, just ward)

It does not have a number. The only way to see x/y is to move my cross hairs onto them and at the top of the screen. This is on the xbox
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Zeltika
    Zeltika
    Soul Shriven
    I have all the options on in my settings. My pets have a green health bar above their head. It shows either the ward strength or their health (not both - if ward is up, just ward)

It does not have a number. The only way to see x/y is to move my cross hairs onto them and at the top of the screen. This is on the xbox

Hmmm.... interesting ... I am on a pc but I have not gone around to fiddle with all the settings yet but will do so tonight.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think for the xbox it specifically was something like, "friendly NPC health bars,"I know I had to have the one where EVERY npc in a town has a healthbar. It's kinda rough for immersion, but I gave that up years ago when I switched to 3rd person view.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the only method to see pet health bars is to have every friendly npc health bar visible as well. The setting is Nameplates > Healthbars > Friendly NPCs
    Options
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thankfully they have an option to only show friendly NPC Healthbars when they're injured, but it still would be nice for an add-on to exist (there isn't one) to even put healthbars on the action boxes for each pet.
    NA PC Megaserver
    Lucradia Valeri (D.Summoner) / Saeko Meina (T.Healer)
    GMT -0600 (Central Time, Wisconsin) - PvE Only
    Options