Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

After the Planemeld

VailedTuba32765
Where to next? The king died and now i have no leads where to go
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be continued...
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Main Quest order = Base Game --> Orsinium --> Clockwork City --> Mephala's Realm

We still have (minimum) two more Main Story-based DLCs on the way :)
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Main Quest order = Base Game --> Orsinium --> Clockwork City --> Mephala's Realm

We still have (minimum) two more Main Story-based DLCs on the way :)

this!

also do not forget, that Molag Bal is not dead in the human sense of that word, just his materialized form was destroyed by the vestige. He is a daedric prince, some kind of like a god, so he is technicaly immortal and can re-animate anytime he needs.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say "the king died", I assume you are referring to King Dynar? Have you defeated Molag Bal and reclaimed your soul yet? Story-wise, that's the immediate "next thing" after the final battle to end the Planemeld, and is the last quest in the Main Story (Prophet/Harborage) chain.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    When you say "the king died", I assume you are referring to King Dynar? Have you defeated Molag Bal and reclaimed your soul yet? Story-wise, that's the immediate "next thing" after the final battle to end the Planemeld, and is the last quest in the Main Story (Prophet/Harborage) chain.

Honestly, i cannot comprehend why they didn't make the Coldharbour, King Dynar, Meridia scenario the main questline. The only action that they would have to perform is adding Manimarco in the questline and it is lore-accurate. They could also add Lyris, Varen, Sai, Cadwell, and Abnur as well. Also, if you observe the location on your map after the quest, it distinctly states, "You have ended the plainmeld and saved Nirn." So, the only thing that Molag-Bal only that is your soul, which I believe is not worth it. Also, if you do not possess a soul, you live forever!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Honestly, i cannot comprehend why they didn't make the Coldharbour, King Dynar, Meridia scenario the main questline. The only action that they would have to perform is adding Manimarco in the questline and it is lore-accurate. They could also add Lyris, Varen, Sai, Cadwell, and Abnur as well. Also, if you observe the location on your map after the quest, it distinctly states, "You have ended the plainmeld and saved Nirn." So, the only thing that Molag-Bal only that is your soul, which I believe is not worth it. Also, if you do not possess a soul, you live forever!
    Coldharbour/Dynar/Meridia kinda is part of the main questline, since you have to finish it before you fight Molag Bal. Continuity-wise, it takes place after Sancre Tor, so Mannimarco is already imprisoned by Molag Bal at this time. The main purpose of the Main Quest is to fix the effects of the Soulburst and free all the other souls that Molag Bal has claimed (reclaiming yours is a bonus), while the main purpose of the Coldharbour chain is to end the Planemeld; Varen says during Council of the Five Companions that you need to end the Planemeld before you can take the fight to Molag Bal.

I agree that there seems to be more immediate benefits to not having a soul (given all the questlines that only work because of that fact), but without a soul, your vestige body will eventually decay away, and you'll end up either like this
    ON-npc-Cadwell.jpg
    or like this.
    ON-creature-Feral_Shriven.jpg
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Funny I finished this quest and the main quest as well, and felt a bit meh, about carrying on. However Orsinium is quite fun and a lot different to some of the other areas as well as having some good quests to do. I have to be honest and say that going through the same thing with my main character but in a different faction didn't really make me think gee that sounds like fun. Maybe after a while I might do those quests. I know they get you skills and all but thats not really why I'm playing the game.
    Edited by Druachan on October 29, 2016 11:58AM
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.