Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I really need help with my build!

Dark_in_a_box
Dark_in_a_box
✭✭
I have just finished levelling my Magicka Dragonknight to champ and i'm having a really bad time with resource management. Any advice regarding magicka dragonknights would be much appreciated as i am a noob. I currently have 550 champion points and my build is as followed:

5 heavy kagrenacs hope in purple w/ magicka enchants
2 light valkyn skoria with impen on shoulder and infused on hat
1h/s of magnus
random resto staff
3 willpower (All Spell damage)

Currently sitting on
36k magicka
1.3k recovery
2222 spell damage buffed

My skill set up is

1h/s - Burning Talons, Flame Lash, Deep Breath, Molten Armaments, Invigorating Drain and Standard of Might

Resto - Healing Ward, Coagulating Blood, Igneous Shield, Elusive Mist, Volatile Armour and Devouring Swarm

Any tips on what i should change to make my magicka last longer than 2 whips? Thank you in advance
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mDK skills are expensive af. How much cost reduction did you allocate in your CP? I never go full spell damage on my builds - always leave one for regen or cost reduction. You're not a Nightblade with infinite sustain.
    Swap Molten Armaments for entropy. It's far cheaper and a lot more useful than armaments.

Are you using the atronach mundus? If you're having troubles try switching your food to something like Orzorgas Red Frothgar (Max Health + Magicka regen).
    Personally, if I'm running heavy I still like my Seducer, so I rarely run into sustain problems, and I'll make up for the lack of damage with Burning Spellweave on the jewellery and S+B. Silks of the Sun is fine too. I think my whip costs about 1,700 magicka in heavy, and that's pretty nice. Basically if you have low regen, you want high cost reduction.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    At the moment i have 100 cp into magician, i plan on using entropy instead in the future however i'm too lazy to grind mages guild again lol. I use tri stat foods at the moment as i find myself needing to cc break often, i could swap one of my glyphs out for a reduce cost though. Thank you for your input :smile:
  • Brokensocket
    Brokensocket
    ✭✭✭
    Your cp 550 but a newbie? Tell me your secret? Ive been playing for a long ass time and just hit 315
    PSN: Spaztik_89
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the seducers suggestion as it's what I used when I played heavy armour magicka builds. You could do five heavy seducers with five silks of the sun two skoria. Or as also suggested, just get a bit more cost reduction.

There is also a new food for health, magicka, magicka regen you could try. Of course this may mess with your stam usage if you aren't comfortable managing a lower pool.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Your cp 550 but a newbie? Tell me your secret? Ive been playing for a long ass time and just hit 315

I'm not a newbie, i just play stamina builds more.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    I like the seducers suggestion as it's what I used when I played heavy armour magicka builds. You could do five heavy seducers with five silks of the sun two skoria. Or as also suggested, just get a bit more cost reduction.

There is also a new food for health, magicka, magicka regen you could try. Of course this may mess with your stam usage if you aren't comfortable managing a lower pool.

I could try heavy seducers, however, i rarely run trials and am quite poor at the moment so silks of the sun isnt really viable as of now. Thank you for you're advice :smile:
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

I could try heavy seducers, however, i rarely run trials and am quite poor at the moment so silks of the sun isnt really viable as of now. Thank you for you're advice :smile:
    For the sun set it's changed with one tamriel. You can farm it in stonefalls :smiley:!