The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How do I do this?

chriss23
chriss23
✭✭
Can you help with a couple of questions relating the Coldharbour Great Shackle/mooring quest where you have to defend Valen Galerion?
The first is this: Is this a solo quest?
Secondly, how the hell do you defeat the Storm Atronachs?
I'm a NB (currently vet 61) equipped with bow and daggers, I can almost defeat one but the second always appears and that's that!

Any help on this would be appreciated!

• mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    That's the same quest that made me rethink my bow wielding NB and go back to my spellcaster hehe
    Managed all the waves....just about killed the first storm atronach but failed miserably when joined by a second. Tried multiple times before giving up and searching for better gear/tactics. Has improved but don't get the same satisfaction as i'm now getting with my mage.
    I know at first I was having probs as my bow sklls were spec to poison, which the atronachs are immune to (I think)
    But I feel your pain, was very frustrating.

*edit* the same quest prompted me to post this thread which might help you =)
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/296068/advice-on-solo-play-after-patch/p1
    Edited by mumbling-midget on October 26, 2016 8:16PM
  • chriss23
    chriss23
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply and I had a look at the post you shared - yep that's about me too, I like playing solo and am now paying the consequences with the new system. I have joined quite a good guild (and they do special group delves for newbies and fresh vets which is good!) but am adverse to group play although I've had fun and done ok some of the time!

I'll just persevere and see how things pan out......

All the best with your NB, I always come back to NB's and have difficulty even contemplating a different class!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chriss23 wrote: »
    The first is this: Is this a solo quest?

I don't think any of the quests up there are Instanced Solo, in that anyone can show up. I ad hoc'd quite a few of the quests up there early on in the game.

Anyway, this is the quest where you have a few NPC's along with you, right? And there are waves of Daedra that come out as Valerion waves his hands around? Then I have an easy solution for you.

Let the NPCs tank for you, let them draw aggro and snipe the atronach from afar. Use Reapers Mark (does not aggro) to make him easier take down, go into Stealth and use Snipe from behind for bonus damage. If the Atro aggros on you, then kite him past the NPCs so they draw aggro again or pop your cloak so he loses interest. It will take a while to whittle him down this way, you can do this without taking too much damage.

Edited by Nestor on October 28, 2016 7:28PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"