The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 and Xbox - 1v1 Tournament (1 Million Gold)

Sypher
Sypher
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRVj5SH6Um0

All extra info and links can be found in the description of this video. :)

We are glad to announce our first major 1v1 Tournament happening on Xbox (Nov 5th) PS4 (Nov 6th)

When: Nov 5th/6th (2PM US CENTRAL)

How to enter: (watch the video, link to sign up for the tournament is in the description of the video)

Where: Twitch.tv/Sypherpk

RULES:
- CRAFTED SETS ONLY (jewlery is open to whatever)
- No Maelstrom weapons, Master Weapons, Undaunted Gear, PvP Gear, PvE Gear
- No HEAVY ARMOR (not even one piece)
- Banned Abilities (currently) - Trap Beast, Soul Strike, One hand and shield ultimate
- No CP changing No gear changing No ability changing (unless instructed to do so)
- Only potions allowed are Single Stat, Tri-stat, and Spell/Weapon Power
- No Immovable Potions / Detect Potions / Lingering Health Potions
- NO TANK BUILDS (OR YOU WILL GET MADE FUN OF)
- NO COSTUMES (so we can see your gear)
DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time for everyone to run full Willow's Path and Obilivan, stay alive forever!
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we use jewlery?

Edit: yeah I should read the post properly I guess
    Edited by Spliffo on October 26, 2016 2:42AM
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Time for everyone to run full Willow's Path and Obilivan, stay alive forever!

like I said in the video, if we like your build is designed to just stay alive or tank (resulting in minimal DPS output). You will be disqualified when the set time we have expires.
    Edited by Sypher on October 26, 2016 2:49AM
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it! This tournament actually allows for fair and balanced dueling based on skill!

Hopefully Battlegrounds will be similarily balanced to reward skill over OP gear :)
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn i have a wedding to attend on the 5th, any possible way to add an hour to it and start at 4 est?
    Edited by zuto40 on October 26, 2016 3:20AM
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know stamina does really well in heavy armor, but even before heavy armor stamina tended to be a little bit ahead of magicka. It might be fun to ban shuffle (and maybe mirage) and see how the stamina v magicka fights go.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know stamina does really well in heavy armor, but even before heavy armor stamina tended to be a little bit ahead of magicka. It might be fun to ban shuffle (and maybe mirage) and see how the stamina v magicka fights go.

Banning shuffle would be very interesting, it could be fun
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We are going to start with these base rules (and some extra) and decide on future tournaments if we should more :) it will take some trial and error but we will eventually come up with something fun and competitive.

• LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if we are going to ban the medium armour skill I guess that it would only be fair to ban the light armour one too?
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if we are going to ban the medium armour skill I guess that it would only be fair to ban the light armour one too?

It all depends. They're going to try out different rulesets, all slightly altered from the current one eventually it'll be pretty perfect.

If the Annulment needs a ban (and I don't think it does atm) then it'll get it. Just gotta see if it's actually overperforming with the current skillset though.

Shuffle will likely get banned but for obvious reasons XD
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

It all depends. They're going to try out different rulesets, all slightly altered from the current one eventually it'll be pretty perfect.

If the Annulment needs a ban (and I don't think it does atm) then it'll get it. Just gotta see if it's actually overperforming with the current skillset though.

Shuffle will likely get banned but for obvious reasons XD

I'm not saying shuffle isn't at times a little overpowered, I do agree that it could be toned down a bit.

Some of the dampen magic shields I have seen recently are bigger than most of the hardened wards which is pretty crazy though.

Another point I would like to raise is that shuffle is just almost as useful on mana builds as it is on stam but you just need to spec a little into stam rec or take the unchained passive. Stam builds on the other hand can't use annulment and have it almost be as useful as shuffle.

Not my tourney and I unfortunately won't be taking part but just wanted to throw in some thoughts.

In my honest opinion I'm struggling to understand why mana players are still moaning about stam with the destro ult and soul assault in their favour.

Good luck in the tourney though for all who takes part :)
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should of restricted the sets to these:

-Way of the Arena
    -Hundings Rage
    -Law of Julianos
    -Willows Path
    -Agility
    -Endurance
    -Willpower

Some crafted sets are still pretty meta. Clever Alchemist and Eternal Hunt are very powerful. I'd suggest even limiting the crafted sets. Everyone in this event will run Clever Alchemist back bar with another 5 piece on DW or 1H+S front bar. Might need to make sure this is outlawed if you want to have more skill based fights.

Nice to see this particular streamer hold an event like this instead of running a Meta dueling tournament.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Should of restricted the sets to these:

-Way of the Arena
    -Hundings Rage
    -Law of Julianos
    -Willows Path
    -Agility
    -Endurance
    -Willpower

Some crafted sets are still pretty meta. Clever Alchemist and Eternal Hunt are very powerful. I'd suggest even limiting the crafted sets. Everyone in this event will run Clever Alchemist back bar with another 5 piece on DW or 1H+S front bar. Might need to make sure this is outlawed if you want to have more skill based fights.

Nice to see this particular streamer hold an event like this instead of running a Meta dueling tournament.

We don't want to start too narrow so we can have a healthy amount of people participating. This is one of many tournaments we will be hosting and making adjustments as we see fit.

• LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference between annulment and shuffle is that shuffle has no counter play because it is a proc chance while annulment does have counter play because there is no rng associated with it.
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc mines and dk wings should be banned as well cos if you dont... all you see is sorc camping mines and mag dk spamming wings and they cant kill each other.. or maybe they will if you give them 5hours of time limit.

Also cloak needs to go aswell im sure most of you will not agree but i think its shouldnt be a part of dueling.

Templar self purge or ritual needs to get banned aswell argue if you like but i think that self purge is too op atleast for me.
    Edited by RajinPVP on October 26, 2016 2:02PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The difference between annulment and shuffle is that shuffle has no counter play because it is a proc chance while annulment does have counter play because there is no rng associated with it.

What counter play are you talking about? Destroying the shield with damage abilities? ^^
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on October 26, 2016 2:40PM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What counter play are you talking about? Destroying the shield with damage abilities? ^^

Yes.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    b4nn3d7337 wrote: »
    Sorc mines and dk wings should be banned as well cos if you dont... all you see is sorc camping mines and mag dk spamming wings and they cant kill each other.. or maybe they will if you give them 5hours of time limit.

Also cloak needs to go aswell im sure most of you will not agree but i think its shouldnt be a part of dueling.

Templar self purge or ritual needs to get banned aswell argue if you like but i think that self purge is too op atleast for me.

Like I said we are going to have a time limit. If we feel like an opponent isn't doing much but staying defensive (spamming wings, cloaking, camping mines all day) they won't move on in the tournament.

• Magicka_DK
    Magicka_DK
    ✭✭✭
    Should ban all weapon ultimates especially 2h
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b4nn3d7337 wrote: »

Lol that would ban all class defining skills. the only one left would be Templars breath of life
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lot of fun, but why ban all dropped gear instead of just the problematic sets? I can't really see magic NB doing very well without Necropotence, for example.

Also, host a tourney on PC!
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on October 26, 2016 8:00PM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The timer on shields is only 6 seconds, off the top of my head you could just wait to CC them right before their shield expired and then tear into them. With this ruleset they'll be in 7 light and will go down nearly instantly.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems fun but I haven't used just crafted sets in a while it should be fun even if I don't win.How would you know if your in the tournament if your not in the guild @Sypher ?
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say ban all gear and skills. (Since you are not allowing random things.)

If you are banning detect pots. I think stealth should alos be banned.

And if banning Immovable pots, then crit rush - dizzying swing spammers should be ridiculed more than tank builds.

I SAY FISTS ONLY. NO ARMOR.
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    You should ban legendary gear too.

Oh, and enchants, cause you know, stamina enchants are meta too.

And don't forget to ban sharpened mauls cause they are meta too

Also ban all armor abilities, shuffle makes you tanky, annulement makes you tanky and immovable makes you tanky, and that is meta too.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

We are glad to announce our first major 1v1 Tournament happening on Xbox (Nov 5th) PS4 (Nov 6th)

How to enter: (watch the video, link to sign up for the tournament is in the description of the video)

RULES:
    -No HEAVY ARMOR (not even one piece)
    - Banned Abilities (currently) - Trap Beast, Soul Strike, One hand and shield ultimate
    - No CP changing No gear changing No ability changing (unless instructed to do so)

No heavy, that's bull not every one wants to be a medium or Light armor build.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

RULES:

I agree that some people don't want to fight in medium or light but his point is their a lot of people he already had to expand the tournament from 32 to 64 fighter's. With that many people and depending on skill of the fighters duels will already take a long time.I have had 10 minutes duels against sorcs and StamDk on my Stamblade in all medium.Having someone go tank will just not be fun to watch plus if he allow heavy he is allowing some of its OP passives so DPS will just be ridiculously tanky while still dealing ridiculous damage and sustain thanks to wraith and Constitution passives.

I think this the best way to have duels even with it costing me a crap ton of mats while I prep a build for the tournament.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RULES:
    - No HEAVY ARMOR (not even one piece)

Hey Zenimax, want balanced PVP? This is how you do it.

Good luck with the tournament. Sounds awesome.
    Edited by Alucardo on October 27, 2016 10:51AM
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm calling it, Magicka classes are going to dominate this tournament.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

RULES:

I agree that some people don't want to fight in medium or light but his point is their a lot of people he already had to expand the tournament from 32 to 64 fighter's. With that many people and depending on skill of the fighters duels will already take a long time.I have had 10 minutes duels against sorcs and StamDk on my Stamblade in all medium.Having someone go tank will just not be fun to watch plus if he allow heavy he is allowing some of its OP passives so DPS will just be ridiculously tanky while still dealing ridiculous damage and sustain thanks to wraith and Constitution passives.

I think this the best way to have duels even with it costing me a crap ton of mats while I prep a build for the tournament.

I see, well my Heavy armor DK has a balance of tankiness and dmg but I see the concern for full on unkillable builds in duels.

But if crafted sets are only permitted it can't be that bad right?
    Edited by Anti_Virus on October 27, 2016 12:03PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.