The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Xbox] Crypt of Hearts I (veteran) - Drop table messed up.

Excaltic
Excaltic
✭✭✭
The drop table from Crypt of Hearts I (veteran) seems to be messed up with mixed up newly correct named and old named trait-fixed overworld sets.

Instead of the 3 dropped sets in a dungeon, this dungeon seems to drop multiple versions of the same sets with mixed up names.

Examples:
- There are 2 different named Leviathan rings: "Leviathan Ring" (part of the Leviathan set) and "Pulsating Dremorra Ring" (part of the Leviathan set)
- There are 2 different named Leviathan maces: "Leviathan Mace" (part of the Leviathan set) and Bonehammer (part of the Leviathan set)

The non Leviathan-named item set items (like Bonehammer mace, etc) do not have random traits, but are fixed. The Bonehammer mace -always- drops in Defending trait, this is not a random stat.

This problem does not only affect the Leviathan set but also the Lich and the Ebon set, which also drops in that dungeon. Double named items of the same set where 50% of the items is trait-fixed.

Now the problem is that gathering set items with the right trait is near impossible now, since instead of 3 item sets that can drop here (Leviathan, Lich, Ebon) per boss kill it seems there are 6 item sets (Leviathan set, Leviathan-bugged-trait-locked-set-items, Lich set, Lich-bugged-trait-locked-set-items, Ebon set, Ebon-bugged-trait-locked-set-items).

Also it seems the game prefers to drop the bugged sets above the correct named sets, because they drop a -lot- more often then the correct new named set items.

So, conclusion:
"Crypt of Hearts 1"
-> instead of 3 x 21 (3 sets and 21 different armors/weapons/jewelry) = 63 different dropped set items
-> has 2 x 3 x 21 (two times 3 sets and 21 different armors/weapons/jewelry) = 126 different dropped set items, of which 50% is trait locked and not random.

Please look into this, thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for this necropost, but I keep getting messages that someone commented on this thread, while it has been idle for 15 months... Strange...

Can someone close this thread please, or explain how I get those popup messages away? :)
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this discussion at the request of the OP and also because it is a necro'd thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this will help, but from the patch notes: "Many of these Bosses have a small chance to drop a uniquely-named item, instead of the expected set piece. This uniquely-named item is also a part of one of the sets of the zone they are located in, but may not adhere to the dropped slot guidelines above." See the patch notes for a full list of changes. They might help answer some of your questions.
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Then they should look into that "small chance" and make it really small, because those unique named items drop like flies, and mess up the normal droprate of the RNG trait sets. I have 8 defending unique named, but completely useless, maces, while only 1 normal dagger and 2h axe in 50 dungeon runs.

Or, they should give those unique items unique good traits, but Defending? Really? I also got a Unique Restoration Staff of the Leviathan set which is a full -weapon- critical set...

Unique indeed... :P
    Edited by Excaltic on October 26, 2016 5:41AM
  • GChaseXmas
    GChaseXmas
    ✭✭✭
    Do the unique items at least look unique and by that I mean possibly a potential future motif?
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, they have the same style as the normal set style is. The only unique thing about them is their name. No unique looks, special super traits, etc. Just a name and bad stats...
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a look at this unofficial link:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Unique_Items

The unique items have fixed traits (guess that's why they're called unique :D ) and they drop from that specific boss.

UESP has taken the data from the actual game by the help of fans who have uploaded their own live game data.

I found this to be very useful for farming a particular boss for the specific piece of gear.

Hope this helps. :)
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    I searched through multiple dungeons on that website and it seems that multiple dungeons have several unique named items, and while the naming is cool and all, the stats of those "unique" items are really, really disappointing and even insulting to the players trying to complete their item set...

Who on earth is going to be happy -and will even be using- a defending weapon for a set item that gives pure crit? At least give the weapon in this case (Bonehammer) a fixed divines stat, and the same goes for the other unique items from the other dungeons, just make the unique items, unique and a true gift for your customers.

Right now those stats are more in the line of the troll stats/traits like Prosperous and Training on all end game item drops.

Concluding:
    Please ZOS, please use the correct fitting stats/traits on each unique item set that drops, while also removing Prosperous and Training traits on -all- group dungeon / trial / vmsa items, and stop annoying (because that is how it feels) your customers. ESO is not a free to play game, and the rewards for effort should not feel like some cheap chinese MMORPG.

Thanks in advance!
    Edited by Excaltic on October 30, 2016 2:02PM
This discussion has been closed.