The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rolling when moving forward (w key)

Headless_Ned37
Headless_Ned37
Soul Shriven
Hi,
Completely new to the game so I don't know if this is a bug or a setting thing. I have tried searching but had no success.

When holding the W key to move forward my character keeps rolling and using stamina (green bar). Pretty sure its not a keyboard issue as i havent seen the issue on other games I play.
Anyone know how to fix this or even if it should be fixed?
Thanks
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower your keyboard repeat rate in Windows, it does not take much of an adjustment to stop this from happening.

You can Alt Tab back and forth between the game and the control panel applet to fine tune this.

Edited by Nestor on October 25, 2016 9:06PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a keyboard issue. You dodge-roll by double tapping a movement key.
    If you're indeed holding the key down and not tapping it, your keyboard may be going kaputt.

I have moving forward mapped to my left mouse button (left handed mouse) and i had the same thing happen (dodge rolling forward) when the mouse button was going bad and sometimes registered as released even though i had it firmly pressed.

shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 25, 2016 9:21PM
  • Headless_Ned37
    Headless_Ned37
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks both. Your help is appreciated.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could turn off 'double tap to roll' and bind it to a different key. I had to do this in the beginning of the game because I kept rolling off the top of keeps down into enemies on accident lol!
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte