Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bizarre Crafting Survey Locations

bellanca6561n
bellanca6561n
✭✭✭✭✭
Perhaps I misunderstood but I thought crafting surveys were meant to be in locations where combat was not required.

You know....crafters as...crafters, not as warrior heroes with strange hobbies.

And I know some effort was made toward that end in Craglorn.

Well, my crafter, Aethelwulf, went off to do a bunch of surveys he'd saved up which now take you on quite the tour. Every location required combat but nothing like the mobs of old Craglorn.

That is until he did a woodworking survey in Reaper's March. Some barnacle brain put it outside Willowgrove in the middle of a field filled with Fire, Storm, and Ice Atronachs used in the quest, A Questionable Contract.....

Reapers%20March%20Woodworking%20Survey%20Site_zps8ucfc5mf.png

So.....I guess the whole notion of crafting as non-combat role is no longer a goal ;)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't recall off-hand; don't they go away or go non-hostile if you finish the quest? Honestly, I did that one a long time ago. I remember it, because you don't run into chances to stop a planned cannibal meal, but don't recall what happened afterward.
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    I can't recall off-hand; don't they go away or go non-hostile if you finish the quest? Honestly, I did that one a long time ago. I remember it, because you don't run into chances to stop a planned cannibal meal, but don't recall what happened afterward.

It's one of my favorite quests in the game, actually, but it's also one that is easily bypassed and not required.

A Questionable Contract has a Green Acres feel to it: a patently ludicrous situation that is seen as completely normal by the people of Hootersville....Willowgrove in this case.

A failed Altmer mage takes a contract from a town of Bosmers to clear some trees because the Green Pact may apply to the Bosmers but not to the Altmer they hire to do the deed.

Throw in his dipsomaniac wife, contract terms that specify that not only will she be cooked if he fails but he will have to eat her (eat his failure), throw in the talking dog of a Daedric prince and...

Oops...got off on a tangent there.

Uh...no...the Atronachs, despite being dispelled in the quest story, appear to continue to make Willowgrove their home too.
    Edited by bellanca6561n on October 25, 2016 3:52PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, this is an area where the mobs go docile if you have completed the quest. Also, it's the farm location for most of the Daedra you need for the Monster Slayer Achievment.

However it is a pretty sketchy place to put a crafting survey. While you might be able to sneak in and avoid combat, (I don't know the exact location for the survey) this place is pretty hostile if you have not done the quest.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"