The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Imperial City Trophy Vaults

camknox
camknox
✭✭✭
Yesterday I finally got around to heading to Imperial City to crack open some trophy vaults. I first went out and attempted to gain access to the vaults, as I have done previously, however the vault doors no longer "draw from the bank" to open. So I was left looking like an idiot as I "ranger gated" back to basecamp to collect my teeth, claws, legion etc. I picked up the 2 stacks of each I had and headed back out.

This is when I got to experience the "new" system in all it's horrible, atrocious, poor planning, expletive... Where before you could use your keys to go into each vault while travelling around the city, now when you zone into a vault all pieces, and I mean all (I had 120 pieces for all the vaults!) turned into keys only useful for that one vault. WTF guys. Come on... Now obviously they've changed the system and there are no longer teeth, claws etc but to retrospectively "invisibly" turn the old key pieces into the new pieces minus the cosmetic name change is hurtful. If you were going to do it just rename all of them to the new name and then people would just see 500 key fragments instead of multiple stacks of the old kind. Or at least let the old type ONLY open the old type doors.