Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

[Help] Stam NB DPS DW/2HD - Advice?

OnyxProphet
OnyxProphet
✭✭✭
My CP200 NB is currently struggling a bit, and I'd like some advice if you guys don't mind. It might just be a l2p issue, but at least I'd like to make sure he's set up for success.

Dunmer Vampire NB
DW Daggers/2HD Great Axe

Gear
5 - Viper Strike
5 - Red Mountain
Health Food when I'm feeling squishy, Stam Food for solo and easier stuff.
Health draining poison.

Bar 1 - DW Daggers

Bloodthirst
Blood Craze
Killers Blade
Steel Tornado
Leeching Strikes
U-Rend

Bar 2 - 2 HD Great Axe

Reapers Mark
Dark Shades
Rally
Spiked Shield
Mirage
U-? I've tried Soul Tether, Dawnbreaker, and Bats. Unsure.

I'm not terribly good at twitch gaming, so I try to be as durable as possible to avoid dying.

Should I swap Bloodthirst for Surprise Attack for the rebuff (which allows me to replace Reapers Mark)? SA will trigger Shadow Barrier and debuff...but then I lose healing and the fast attacks.

Should I drop Bloodcraze and replace it with Spiked Shield since I'm constantly applying Spiked Shield anyway? I'd lose healing and DOT, but might die less because I have the Shield readily available.

Anything glaring in missing? Suggestions?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health/Stam food is gonna be your friend in almost all situations.

What content are you doing with this build?
  • OnyxProphet
    OnyxProphet
    ✭✭✭
    Running pve, dungeons and such. I can get through normal dungeons but need to push towards vet and trials.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well first of all, dark elf is a mage race so you gonna lose a lot of power with a stam build, i would suggest khajit would be best for stamblade, and bosmer 2nd best.

skills i would suggest having teleport strike stam morph on bar for closer and start from stealth. (30k hit minimum if you do it right). secondly i think you overthinking skills. i would do as i said start with teleport strike (gap closer), conceiled strike stam morph (shadow tree) then yous single target dps skills. since your doing dw/2nd i would use dw for your aoe and buffs and 2nd for your single tarrget abilities and execute.

my suggestion would be

teleport strike for gap closer
    conceled strike for breach
    power extraction weapon power buff aoe
    dw 5th skill weapon power buff single target
    whirlwind aoe
    killers blade execute
    fg ability for 10% crit
    ult: 2nd ult, dw ult, assassin ult, dawnbreaker

fill in rest as you prefer.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OnyxProphet - Hi,

I am no guru on setups and theory crafting,
    I generally follow Alcast and use his builds as a basis and then change his build to make it easier for me,

I used this build of Alcast's, changed some skills and now i have an acceptable DD.

I don't know of any builds using dualwield and 2H so you may wan't to still google/youtube till you find something,
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• OnyxProphet
    OnyxProphet
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    well first of all, dark elf is a mage race so you gonna lose a lot of power with a stam build, i would suggest khajit would be best for stamblade, and bosmer 2nd best.

skills i would suggest having teleport strike stam morph on bar for closer and start from stealth. (30k hit minimum if you do it right). secondly i think you overthinking skills. i would do as i said start with teleport strike (gap closer), conceiled strike stam morph (shadow tree) then yous single target dps skills. since your doing dw/2nd i would use dw for your aoe and buffs and 2nd for your single tarrget abilities and execute.

my suggestion would be

teleport strike for gap closer
    conceled strike for breach
    power extraction weapon power buff aoe
    dw 5th skill weapon power buff single target
    whirlwind aoe
    killers blade execute
    fg ability for 10% crit
    ult: 2nd ult, dw ult, assassin ult, dawnbreaker

fill in rest as you prefer.

Agreed on the suboptimal race choice. I frequently respec when I get bored, and I save gear sets for when I switch between stamina or magicka.

Thanks for the advice, and I never thought of getting Teleport Strike. Makes sense as I'm always running around and chasing monsters down.

Any suggestions on what Health and Stamina amounts I should aim for? I don't have a good feel on what is too much or not enough.
  • OnyxProphet
    OnyxProphet
    ✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    @OnyxProphet - Hi,

I am no guru on setups and theory crafting,
    I generally follow Alcast and use his builds as a basis and then change his build to make it easier for me,

I used this build of Alcast's, changed some skills and now i have an acceptable DD.

I don't know of any builds using dualwield and 2H so you may wan't to still google/youtube till you find something,

Thank you, I'll check out that guide.

I've avoided Bow for stylistic reasons (I just dislike bows), but realistically I should get over that.

I'm relying on Rally from 2HD because I haven't acquired Vigor yet since I don't PVP...but that might be the missing link.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any suggestions on what Health and Stamina amounts I should aim for? I don't have a good feel on what is too much or not enough.
    @OnyxProphet
    For veteran content (arguably any group content), 17k is the lowest acceptable. Any higher than 20k and you are losing damage for health, which in group content is not a trade you want to make.

I'm sure you could find a way to be viable with 2H/DW, but you can't push really high DPS with that setup. We stamblades suffer from a shortage of DoT effects, and most (all?) endgame DPS rotations depend on keeping DoT effects on your target(s) 100% of the time while spamming a hard hitting single target attack. 99% of Stamina DPS use Bow because it provides some much needed (and powerful) DoT effects.

One options (since you like 2H for Rally), would be to go 2H/Bow and drop DW. This way you can use Poison Injection, Endless Hail, Caltrops, and Trap Beast for DoTs and rely on Surprise Attack or Wrecking Blow for single target spammable. I actually run something similar for vMA and it works really well for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPjFX05UVU4
    Edited by kadar on October 24, 2016 4:31PM
  • OnyxProphet
    OnyxProphet
    ✭✭✭
    @OnyxProphet
    For veteran content (arguably any group content), 17k is the lowest acceptable. Any higher than 20k and you are losing damage for health, which in group content is not a trade you want to make.

I'm sure you could find a way to be viable with 2H/DW, but you can't push really high DPS with that setup. We stamblades suffer from a shortage of DoT effects, and most (all?) endgame DPS rotations depend on keeping DoT effects on your target(s) 100% of the time while spamming a hard hitting single target attack. 99% of Stamina DPS use Bow because it provides some much needed (and powerful) DoT effects.

One options (since you like 2H for Rally), would be to go 2H/Bow and drop DW. This way you can use Poison Injection, Endless Hail, Caltrops, and Trap Beast for DoTs and rely on Surprise Attack or Wrecking Blow for single target spammable. I actually run something similar for vMA and it works really well for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPjFX05UVU4

Good info! Thank you, and I'll check it out.