Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Fresh 50 and new player gearing progress guide ?

vizjaqtaar
vizjaqtaar
Soul Shriven
hey all
just dinged 50 with my first ever templar and now i need advice..i've found few guides on net about endgame gearing they are giving names sets names etc. but i don't know how to obtain them.

ok for example i am cp 60 70 something atm. i guess first sets starting at 160 cp ? until then which sets first ? i am building my girl as healer ( at least I'm trying to ) with rest and destro staff and my build is dps atm but i need to know about gearing with some more details before i ll go respect and turn into healer.. any advice for a fresh 50 temp healer as which dungeons first which set first which weapons to aim ( i am seeing lots maelstrom items but don't know how to get them yet :S ..etc. AND I'm still wearing training gears for my cp farming.. are they still effective after 50 for cp points? ty
Edited by vizjaqtaar on October 22, 2016 12:10PM
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    First off, Training gear is still effective for cp farming beyond 50. I just came back to the game at CP 90 last week, and after crafting a nice set of training gear, I'm almost at CP 160.

I had a similar question since I"m nearing the 160 cap. I realize there's still a long long way to got to 561 or whatever the cap is now, should I go ahead and make gold quality training gear for this long grind?

I have a NB, Sorc, and (almost) a templar at 50, so for CP grinding should I just pick the best and make the set specifically for that character, or should I make a generic set that could be moved around as needed.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom is for the very ambitious player, since you need to clear Veteran MA to get them. You'll get very frustrated if you try to do that now. ;)

Aside from that, it's very much a question of play style which sets are good for you. My templar healer currently uses 5 pieces Combat Physician (gives party members a damage shield on critical heals) and some Julianos. If you want to play more "offensively", Spell Power Cure is a good choice (gives party members a damage bonus when you heal them while at full health), but you need to pay visits to White-Gold Tower to get that.

Like Tyger said, you can definitely keep that training gear around. Don't use it in dungeons (except the group is so good they don't actually need a healer ;) ), but for grinding sessions it's perfect. You don't really need good protection when grinding, especially as a templar with their powerful self-heal. Since the XP bonus is independent from armor level, you could even use level 4 armor.

As for which dungeons first - well, there's the regular tier order of difficulty. Like, start with Fungal Grotto, Banished Cells, Spindleclutch and work your way up to Blackheart Haven, Selene's Web and Vaults of Madness. But on normal mode all dungeons are quite well doable. You might want to skip the DLC dungeons if you're just starting though. They're much more difficult - even on normal mode - than the vanilla dungeons.
    Edited by Loc2262 on October 23, 2016 9:42AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP