The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

THE WINNERS! BBCGuild Witches Festival Photo Contest!

hiyde
hiyde
✭✭✭✭✭
5817e97a6021e-gallery-top-endedb.jpg

Congrats to the Winners of The BBC's Witches Festival Photo Contest!

Prize Winners below - see the full list of all winners at:
www.BBCGuild.com/witches

Huge thanks to everyone who entered and to all that voted!
Also thanks Zenimax for providing our Grand Prizes!

The Top 5 entries (By Votes) won the following prizes:

Grand Prize: 3,000 Crowns + Mudcrab Pet + Signed Dark Brotherhood Mini-Poster!
5817f1baa7d9f-Winner-1-Grand-Prize.jpg

3,000 Crowns + Signed Dark Brotherhood Mini-Poster
5817f21f607bc-Winner-2.jpg

3,000 Crowns + Mudcrab Pet
5817f12e73d56-Winner-3.jpg

Signed Dark Brotherhood Mini-Poster + Mudcrab Pet
5817f0b43e361-Winner-4.jpg

Signed Dark Brotherhood Mini-Poster + Mudcrab Pet
5817f0506d0de-Winner-5.jpg

BBC's Prizes for PC-NA Players (Random Draw):
1,500 Crowns - @Sord
1,500 Crowns - @Czargon
ONE MILLION GOLD - @sweetmissb
Pumpkin Festival Mask - @uncouth
Scarecrow Festival Mask - @Angelisaur

- @hiyde

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Edited by hiyde on November 1, 2016 2:30AM
@Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome idea! I hope you get a ton of great entries. Now I've got to go figure one out for myself.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

This might help - we ran this contest in 2014 - here are the entries we got last time:
    http://woobox.com/jjnkoy

To enter the current contest, be sure to use this link:
    http://www.BBCGuild.com/witches
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds cool! What is the deadline?
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds cool! What is the deadline?

11P EDT Saturday 10/28 is the entry deadline and then voting begins.

(Info added to OP - thanks!)
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a few of the cool entries we've gotten so far. Get creative and submit yours!

580ca68985f09-Screenshot_20161023_131752.png

580cc1788f3e9-HeadlessHorsemanatGrave1.jpg

580c168b13a9e-DK2.jpg

• Lumbermill_Emperor
    Lumbermill_Emperor
    ✭✭✭✭
    see guys? its cartel guilds spread out even between servers to manipulate economy :o
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in poor taste to post select entries before voting begins. If I were running it, I wouldn't even let people view the gallery until voting begins. That way people can't pre-advertise to their friends.

Also, you can't limit the random winners to just people who submit pictures. Sweepstakes have to be available for anyone to enter, no purchase necessary at any time ever. That's the biggest legal problem with the ZOS sweepstakes - they cannot require anyone to buy the game or play the game to win.

That's why literally every promotion my agency runs are contests. Contests can require purchases. Contests are judged by a limited pool of pre-selected individuals on the merit of the entry.
    signing off
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    It's in poor taste to post select entries before voting begins. If I were running it, I wouldn't even let people view the gallery until voting begins. That way people can't pre-advertise to their friends.

Also, you can't limit the random winners to just people who submit pictures. Sweepstakes have to be available for anyone to enter, no purchase necessary at any time ever. That's the biggest legal problem with the ZOS sweepstakes - they cannot require anyone to buy the game or play the game to win.

That's why literally every promotion my agency runs are contests. Contests can require purchases. Contests are judged by a limited pool of pre-selected individuals on the merit of the entry.

Seeing existing entries helps give people ideas; no one can vote until voting begins; everyone is provided their special voting link at time of entry. I highlighted a few examples in this post to inspire people.

This contest is being run by a private gaming guild with the goal of having some fun in a video game. We aren't talking about life-altering prizes, let's try to keep this in perspective. I thought it was pretty cool of ZoS to kick in some of our prizes. Not everything has to be negative. <3
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    see guys? its cartel guilds spread out even between servers to manipulate economy :o

Crap. You caught us. ;)
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    holy crap!, thanks for the user-made (i assume :p ) halloween event!, hope ZoS can be this serious when they holding their own event :D
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy crap!, thanks for the user-made (i assume :p ) halloween event!, hope ZoS can be this serious when they holding their own event :D

Thanks and yes, it's 100% user made and run.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hiyde wrote: »
    This contest

Morrow v. State set the precedent that winning based on open voting or selection that is not objectively based primarily and dominantly on skill is legally a lottery, not a contest.

ZOS's emote creation contest was a contest:

The entries will be reviewed by the Judges who will select finalists and/or winners in accordance with the Judging Criteria as indicated in the Contest Info.

Approved video submissions will be added to a Contest playlist, and select videos shared during the Contest Period on social media.
    ---> note: entries are seen by public but do not influence the final result in any way
    Following the Contest Period, submitted emotes will be judged by two or more community and development personnel of ZeniMax Media Inc. (the Judges), and 1 winner and 3 runners up will be selected by the panel who’s selections shall be final.
    The Judges will evaluate the submitted emote based on creativity and originality (the Judging Criteria).

This is not a contest. It could have been if you had just asked three or five ZOS employees to judge it and choose the ones they feel best creatively and originally represented the Festival. Legally, contests cannot have "vote farming" in any kind. That's why presidential elections are not legally contests, either.

I'm a little disappointed that ZOS didn't make the suggestion to change to panel vote and instead sponsored it as-is. But there is still time to make it a panel vote. They shouldn't say no because they should know that's the proper way to do it.
    signing off
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey, just a question, can i alter the image in any way?, like make it sharper or something like that
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basic quality adjustments are fine.
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The deadline to enter is almost here! Submit your entry by 11P EDT Tomorrow (Saturday) night to win!
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 Hours left to get your entry in! GO!
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Hours til entry deadline - then voting begins. Get your pic entered!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for letting everyone enter into the fun !

Here is my werewolf Lord costume

mVJdRTNh.jpg

Here is my Desert Witch costume

ErOfsK4l.jpg

Vote here

http://woobox.com/3gfktn/gallery/W7ZIzQZfktQ

An this is my Desert Ghoul costume

YxvBhZ2h.jpg

Vote more here

http://woobox.com/3gfktn/gallery/KS6szW-pxsQ
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on October 29, 2016 10:33PM
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great entries, Rohamad!

The voting will kick in shortly after the entry deadline tonight (11P EDT).

*3* hours left to get your entry in and win mad loot!

There will be prizes for the top vote getters as well as random prizes drawn from all entries!
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Deleted) - expired info.
    Edited by hiyde on November 1, 2016 2:31AM
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5817e97a6021e-gallery-top-endedb.jpg

The winners have been announced! Scroll up to the original post to find out who won!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by hiyde on November 1, 2016 2:35AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool ! Congratulations to all the winners !
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much for organising such a nice contest! Really happy to have won the 5th place with my little Owl Girl! ;D