The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Designate Dueling Zones!

SaRuZ
SaRuZ
✭✭✭✭✭
Duels should be designated and restricted to places like Hammerdeath Arena. Dueling in towns is not only a huge technical issue(lag, crashing, NPCs not loading) It also ruins the feel of the city's. There's guards that will strike you down for stealing a pumpkin!(jk, I got away hehe) but 30 people murdering eachother in the streets is perfectly ok. They didn't think this through very well. I feel realllly bad for new players that have to start with this. It would have been very off putting for me.

What they should do is use Hammerdeath for DC and set up similar arena's outside of EP and AD's capital cities and create a Wayshrine right by the entrance to these Arena's. There should be a map marker specifically for the Arena's and a radius/perimeter within the Arena's in which Dueling can commence. They could even integrate a reward system, you win, you get a chest full of gold etc. I'm not trying to hate. I'm just trying to stabilize the communities and original feel that the peaceful towns once had. It's hard to want to save Glenumbra from cultists when Daggerfall feels like Chicago.
Edited by SaRuZ on October 21, 2016 2:07PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind where they do it, as long as it's not in the main city's. it's no wonder we have to hand in writs in a dump like belkarth, I love orsinium so much, it's a masterpiece of a city, but since one tamriel and the duelling war in the streets it's gone from smooth as glass to a slide show!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peaceful? It was full of people spamming lfg and wts in zone chat and me screaming "stfu". Now I'm too busy to yell stfubecause I'm watching the duels.
    Also, I'm sick to death of these threads. Please go bump one of the existing posts instead of creating new ones every time.
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    The Magic Spamming in the towns should have given Beth enough of a warning for what would happen when dueling became available...

The Bank in Riften, just a couple of days ago had so many magic effects going off inside, the game froze and then crashed to dashboard. That was INSIDE the bank, the outside was several tiers worse, especially around the forge. I avoid Riften now as much as possible. One of my friends calls towns like these, Nooberville! Power-spamming magical light shows for absolutely no reason... and now add dueling to that mess.

You're right, Beth didn't think this through.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Peaceful? It was full of people spamming lfg and wts in zone chat and me screaming "stfu". Now I'm too busy to yell stfubecause I'm watching the duels.
    Also, I'm sick to death of these threads. Please go bump one of the existing posts instead of creating new ones every time.

@Alucardo, You know what I don't understand. You can complain about skills or new sets being OP, but you always come to these threads and say 'I am so sick of these threads'. I'm sure everyone is so sick of hearing about Proc sets are OP too. So instead of making your threads maybe you should take your own advise and bump one of the 'omg proc sets are op!' threads.

If you are so sick of them, then just ignore them.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

@Alucardo, You know what I don't understand. You can complain about skills or new sets being OP, but you always come to these threads and say 'I am so sick of these threads'. I'm sure everyone is so sick of hearing about Proc sets are OP too. So instead of making your threads maybe you should take your own advise and bump one of the 'omg proc sets are op!' threads.

If you are so sick of them, then just ignore them.

The only proc set threads I've made are actually bugs (ie: double proccing when they shouldn't). I have not made duplicate threads complaining how they are overpowered, so I'm not sure where you're getting your data from, but I can assure you, it's wrong.
    Also, I can't ignore them, because I am against them. If no one opposes things like this then ZOS will just assume the majority want it gone and will remove it. This is why I'm annoyed.
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Another, person who loves to be offended, big surprise! Public forum, simple as that! You don't like the content... move on! Then again, you're not special if your not saving humanity from bad topics, huh? But HEY, so long as you're annoyed... right? ;)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I can't ignore them, because I am against them. If no one opposes things like this then ZOS will just assume the majority want it gone and will remove it. This is why I'm annoyed.

And I want duelling gone from cities, that's why I'm glad every time I see a new thread or a bumped thread about it.
    See ? To each his own.

At least I don't go to "proc set threads" to complain about the threads themselves.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I want duelling gone from cities, that's why I'm glad every time I see a new thread or a bumped thread about it.
    See ? To each his own.
    I've no problem with bumping threads - by all means. Just because I disagree with you guys doesn't mean I don't want you to have a voice.
    At least I don't go to "proc set threads" to complain about the threads themselves.
    I wouldn't stop you if you did. Why would it be OK for me to do it and nobody else? In fact, ZOS have stated numerous times we should bump threads, not create more if it's based on the same topic. At this point I kind of feel like you're just being petty.
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    Dude, you're the one acting as if this thread is then end of the world! You're not a moderator! You're not our parent, boss, priest, judge... if ZOS doesn't want this thread to stay up, they'll say something or relocate it as necessary. It's not your job and it's certainly not the end of the world. We'll post until ZOS says otherwise, not you...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't duel, except a few days ago I decided to duel my friend. It was kind of fun, we were waiting for an anchor so we could to get a skull. Then we started talking smack to each other ( just teasing ) and then we did it :) I beat her, and now she wants to duel again :) I might have to make her wait, I like being undefeated.

This is just my point of view.

Dueling really hasn't caught my attention. Maybe this weekend I will travel around a little more and keep an eye out for duelers and see how I feel. Even though I don't like dueling because it causes people to cry about things being OP. I don't want to see duelers limited to very little places to duel. The map is huge and there are so many cool places to go in ESO that would be perfect for duelers.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Dueling really hasn't caught my attention. Maybe this weekend I will travel around a little more and keep an eye out for duelers and see how I feel. Even though I don't like dueling because it causes people to cry about things being OP. I don't want to see duelers limited to very little places to duel. The map is huge and there are so many cool places to go in ESO that would be perfect for duelers.

This is very true, and why I don't generally duel in towns unless I'm invited to randomly. I like the more scenic duels - along beaches, on ships, etc.
    Having said that, I still like the option to duel in town because I find it fun to watch while I'm standing around taking a break. It's already starting to die off and we're seeing less and less duels in the cities now anyway.
  • Domino44G
    Domino44G
    ✭✭
    wow! Just wow!

• ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Several comments have been removed as they were off topic and they had the ability to derail the conversation. Please remember to be civil, be constructive, and follow the community rules.
    Staff Post
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nahh dueling in towns are fine you should be asking for ZoS to fix their game so we won't have performance issue like this instead of ruining the game for others just because you don't like something .Dueling doesn't stop you from doing anything in townsZos horrible optimization is what keeping from dash boarding.Plus I don't want to see towns and cities become lifeless like they used to be at least now their fun to be in.

Also @Alucardo I think you made them upset lol.
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the end we can agree to disagree. It just doesn't feel like a PvE environment anymore. I never felt like the towns were lifeless. They were being used for their intended purpose(quests, crafting, so on) now it's more difficult to become engaged when the ambience is constant duels. Even if the Arena idea is extreme. I'd still be happy and many others would be happier if it wasn't allowed in towns or within a certain distance of towns.(Towns being Wayrest, Daggerfall, major cities in each zone etc.) Just my two cents.
    Edited by SaRuZ on October 21, 2016 6:23PM
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Dont care about the dualing but it needs to move well away from the wayshrines in the cities simply due to the amount of lag. Given that theres now potentially 3x the people in a given area, I suspect that this weekend 1/2 the players wont be able to even quick travel to Mournhold.
  • Quigster
    Quigster
    ✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    In the end we can agree to disagree. It just doesn't feel like a PvE environment anymore. I never felt like the towns were lifeless. They were being used for their intended purpose(quests, crafting, so on) now it's more difficult to become engaged when the ambience is constant duels. Even if the Arena idea is extreme. I'd still be happy and many others would be happier if it wasn't allowed in towns or within a certain distance of towns.(Towns being Wayrest, Daggerfall, major cities in each zone etc.) Just my two cents.

Pretty much my take on the matter also. The Arena was created for a reason, use it for that purpose.
    (50) Quigster Bosmer Stamplar
    (50) Lorithar Lightcrest Altmer Mag Sorc
    (50) Tanius Magnitus Argonian Magplar
    (50) Kalethar Redguard Stamplar
    (50) Ra'Jo Darkstrike Khajiit Stamblade
    (50) Gen Maximus Imperial Stam DK
    (50) Jakon Fenrif Redguar Stam Sorc
    (50) Revus Meredor Dunmer Mag DK
    (50) Gorath the Silent Orc Stamblade
    (31) Bjorn Ironhand Nord Stamplar
    (28) Lord Devin Woodhearth Breton Magblade
    Altaholic, CP 600+
  • MikkeOfGreenRiver
    MikkeOfGreenRiver
    ✭✭✭
    I like that duels make the cities livelier. It's a welcome change from the endless magic shows and naked fountain dance parties. Now we can dance naked in the fountains while watching duels.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that duels make the cities livelier. It's a welcome change from the endless magic shows and naked fountain dance parties. Now we can dance naked in the fountains while watching duels.

^This. Don't forget tavern brawls, too. Ooooh my god I love a good tavern brawl.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't mind duels in towns if it weren't for the terrible lag and dashboarding they cause. It's a pain to hand in pledges, and whatever else people do in major hubs, because of it.

@Alucardo I don't think anyone on this thread said to remove duelling altogether (as far as i read). I think it's a great feature and many seem to enjoy it. It would be cruel to take it away from them. People are crying out because of lag and immersion issues. Although I think it's more about lag.

If ZOS is not capable of handling the lags and crashes, then they could at least ban duelling from major hubs, still leaving those who want to duel to be able to do it on the outskirts and anywhere else. IMO, it's a poorly implemented feature, great and as it is. I can't imagine that anyone enjoys living in LagAndCrashToDashboardville.

I'm interested in as to how they are going to come up with a solution for this :smile:
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it very funny that many of the idiots who choose to duel in rawl complain about lag and fps drops.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as the vast majority of players do not use any forums, how would they know about dueling areas? How would they locate the arena?

The reason they are dueling in cities is because that's where people know other people will be.

I would be ok if they banned dueling in cities, they just need to implement in game ways to direct players
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 4, 2016 7:16PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds