Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Need Go-to Sorc Skills

AnAngryGinger
AnAngryGinger
✭✭✭
I want to know what skills your DPS Sorcs have in their bars. Those Go-to skills you use to drop enemies in solo content including delve bosses.

Basically what are you spamming?

My wife and I are tired of C-fragging.
Xuth!
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since you mention frags I'm assuming mag sorc. Force pulse from the destruction staff skill line is what you'll want to use for your spammable attack. You definitely don't want to spam frags because it has a cast time and does less damage if you don't let it proc first.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Noob question...

Proc? Been seeing that word a lot.
    Xuth!
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noob question...

Proccing is when something goes off. Say, you run a monster helm set, and it has a 5% proc rate. That's the rate the set can go off.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    OK thanks both. How do I set this to Answered? Is that a mod thing?
    Xuth!
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so with frags it says "Other Magicka abilities have a chance to make your next Crystal Fragments instant, deal more damage, and cost less." So when you get that instant, more damage frags your hands will glow a purplish color to notify you that it proc'd. I believe it's short for procure. Sorry, probably a horrible explanation.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And to answer your question, use Velicious curse a lot. And weaving medium or light attacks between force or crushing pulse gives you decent single-target DPS while generating ultimate. Do have Crystal frags still slotted, and when the insta-cast is procced, use it. It does good damage.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • AnAngryGinger
    AnAngryGinger
    ✭✭✭
    Cool I looked over that spot in her skills that said that about C frags
    Xuth!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noob question...

You can get addons that make a noise and highlight the frags skill on your bar when its procced, its really helpful :smile:

I use, myself, bound armour and clanfear on both bars (I use necropotence) and bar 1 frags, crushing shock and empowered ward, second bar liquid lightning, power surge and the last skill I swap about a bit depending on what I am doing :blush: ultis I swap too, I have shooting star on main bar mainly for the max magicka from mages guild passive, but the new destro ulti is great too, so swap it for this sometimes in some situations, and I use on my second bar overload.
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on October 20, 2016 10:31PM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    zzz just for everyones knowledge... if you're spamming c frags you get booted from groups. - well at least I boot people.

Now with saying that.

Fire Destro the following:

Force Pulse, crystal frags, wall of elements, bound agies, inner light - meteor
    2nd bar - Power surge, liquid lightning, harden ward, bound agies, boundless storm - energy overload
    overload bar - Power surge, mages wrath, harden ward, bound agies, inner light

Lightning setup

wall of elements, c frags, velicious curse, bound agies, inner light - meteor
    liquid lightning, harden ward, bound agies, boundless, inner light - power overload
    power surge, mages wrath, harden ward, bound agies, inner light - power overload

Inner light could be swapped from 2nd bar to power surge if you have issues bar swapping quick enough.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorcs have the potential to go full aoe (area of effect) dot (damage over time) spec. You could use liquid lightning, wall of elements, volatile familiar's damage pulse, and lightning heavy attacks. Using Empowered Ward over Hardened Ward gets you a longer shield that is still very strong. It's a very simple play style that doesn't use hardly any magic, so you never have resource problems. It is not as bursty as Force Pulse into Crystal Frags, and is a little slower against single target. But against multiple enemies it is insane. I just pulled a 100k dps parse earlier today doing this against a pack of 8 trash spiders. Sure it was only a 5 second fight, but I could never do that with Force Pulse and Crystal Frags.