Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

The Hard Life of an NPC in Cyrodiil

covenant_merchant
covenant_merchant
✭✭✭✭✭
Being a boring and unimaginative person, I had named several of my characters after NPCs found in Cyrodiil. And sometimes, this decision has led to various hilarious situations.

A guy got angry at "Pact Mage Guard" for not helping him while he was defending Arrius Lumber. (I was a stamsorc camping the Alessia Bridge at the time).
Screenshot_20160307_061414.png

Same guy kept shaming me for letting him die 12 times.
Screenshot_20160307_061604.png

When even your friends do not recognize you...
Screenshot_20160309_064238.png

That moment when someone realizes you're only a pretender...
Screenshot_20160324_141914.png

... and you still get s**t for not saving them.
Screenshot_20160414_023319.png

When somebody believes that even NPCs are hungry for love and acceptance.
Screenshot_20160414_023923.png
Screenshot_20160414_023928.png

While you still get crap for not helping people do tower defenses.
Screenshot_20160427_122202.png
And you go back to roleplaying once more.
Screenshot_20151205_035548.png
Edited by covenant_merchant on October 20, 2016 8:35AM
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :|
    Options
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cough cringe cough
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cough cringe cough

mhhh you have no appreciation for greatness
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's only funny for trollboys when it negatively impacts someone else.
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D Do you run around TF? I think I've seen you...
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @God_flakes I do. I zergsurf a lot given the current state of PvP. You know "smallscaling next to 30 other smallscalers", that sort of thing.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on October 20, 2016 11:44AM
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kasa-obake wrote: »
    @God_flakes I do. I zergsurf a lot given the current state of PvP. You know "smallscaling next to 30 other smallscalers", that sort of thing.

Hahahaha don't we all from time to time. Yes your name makes me giggle every time. Pay no mind to the haters. :D
    Options
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this is awesome! I wonder what other NPC's would be cool to impersonate!
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i've seen you around.

something i've always wanted to ask. how often do you sit on resources with the perfect camo to gank people who think you're just an NPC?.
    Invictus
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your ERP game is strong lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    yeah i've seen you around.

something i've always wanted to ask. how often do you sit on resources with the perfect camo to gank people who think you're just an NPC?.

I did it once. Before there were nameplates :3
    Now, the title + nameplate kinda give it away. I guess I could forgo the title next to my name, but that would mean also forgoing the bragging rights that go with end-game PvE titles and high AvA ranks, and I'm too petty and material to do that.
    Options
  • snejremllov
    snejremllov
    ✭✭✭
    Little Zergling.
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little Zergling.

mhhh try pvp'ing on your own in the current meta. It just makes you hate the player base and humanity in general. And take your frustration out on the few scrubs you manage to catch without one-shot cheese builds or zerg in their steps.
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little Zergling.

mhhh try pvp'ing on your own in the current meta. It just makes you hate the player base and humanity in general. And take your frustration out on the few scrubs you manage to catch without one-shot cheese builds or zerg in their steps.

Yep. Everyone is zerging or surfing a zerg. And honestly, zerg surfing does take a certain modicum of skill. You have to position yourself in the zerg just so (based on your build and class and set) and know when to range, when to move in, when to hold em, when to fold em. Hey, I'm trying to maintain some optimism within the stupidity that is the current meta. :smirk:
    Options
  • snejremllov
    snejremllov
    ✭✭✭
    Solo pvp has been dead for at least two patches now. Small group stuff can be enjoyable here and there and raids are all about who has more destro ults.
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little Zergling.

Solo pvp has been dead for at least two patches now. Small group stuff can be enjoyable here and there and raids are all about who has more destro ults.

I don`t agree at all. Solo play is as viable as it was ever in eso. It`s just other sources of damage that kill now compared to other eras. And yeah, I almost exclusively pvp on my own since open beta.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Little Zergling.

I don`t agree at all. Solo play is as viable as it was ever in eso. It`s just other sources of damage that kill now compared to other eras. And yeah, I almost exclusively pvp on my own since open beta.
    Easy to say when you're a StamSorc that happens to be buffed to the heavens by Wrobel. And yes, I know your life has been hard in the past.
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Little Zergling.

Easy to say when you're a StamSorc that happens to be buffed to the heavens by Wrobel. And yes, I know your life has been hard in the past.

As I told you before, I honestly believe magicka builds right now have the potential to excel with the new patch. People will need 6-8 more weeks to figure it out, but the mag-stam discrepancy dreamworld 99% of eso pop still lives in, is a thing of the past. Atm theres very few players who figured, but there are some. The rest will still cry and moan until someone takes their hand and leads them to the right track.

If you check the wrobel stamsorc pts threads from 2-3 patches ago you will realize quickly that I was pretty much the only stamsorc there argueing that the announced buffs might be too much already. I got laughed at for predicting stamsorc will become meta. Those threads are still there, just look it up.

Anyone who knows me would prolly attest that I´m pretty honest in assessing my own classes strength. That said, I think stamsorc is certainly top tier and too easy now, but not any stronger than stamplar and stamblade. Im very confident, I could do better on stamplar than on stamsorc with my playstyle.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on October 20, 2016 8:30PM
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as Magicka users have to deal with an endless array of roots, snares and stuns that means they run out of Stamina and cannot compete, Stamina users will remain top tier, especially in solo play.

When is the last time you ran into a solo Magicka user that actually posed any kind of meaningful threat? I don't remember when that was.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 20, 2016 8:32PM
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we will see. You might change your opinion in the coming weeks/months.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The coming months will see yet another update.
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I`m talking catch-up process to the current situation, I think I made that pretty clear in my post. A vast majority of the playerbase in eso needs 3-4 months to adapt to changes. A new patch wont have immediate effect, same as now. People will slowly start to grasp the potential of the current patch, when the next one arrives.

And by the way, totally unrelated, I love your postings during the past weeks, you got so many awesomes from me.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on October 20, 2016 8:40PM
    Options
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as Magicka users have to deal with an endless array of roots, snares and stuns that means they run out of Stamina and cannot compete, Stamina users will remain top tier, especially in solo play.

When is the last time you ran into a solo Magicka user that actually posed any kind of meaningful threat? I don't remember when that was.

It's true. You're so right. Which is why when some try hard messages me with "you're horrible. 1v1 me you hag" I sit and shake my head and laugh. The balance between the classes is what is god awful. There is absolutely no point in trying to prove your self worth as a magicka player by trying to solo a stamina beast. There is a real and discouraging discrepancy between the two. I decided a long time ago I refuse to allow zos to set me off on some hamster course looking for a set that will make me viable on my own-when it's painfully obvious they still harbor some weird hate for magicka builds.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I`m talking catch-up process to the current situation, I think I made that pretty clear in my post. A vast majority of the playerbase in eso needs 3-4 months to adapt to changes. A new patch wont have immediate effect, same as now. People will slowly start to grasp the potential of the current patch, when the next one arrives.

And by the way, totally unrelated, I love your postings during the past weeks, you got so many awesomes from me.
    If it takes 5 seconds to come up with at least 5 different and very viable Stamina setups while in those same 5 seconds you can maybe see 1 or 2 semi-viable Magicka setups, something is wrong.

Nobody says Magicka is unplayable, but in the end the effort required to be successful with it is just not worth it when comparing to the ease of playing Stamina.

And aww <3
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 20, 2016 8:55PM
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it takes 5 seconds to come up with at least 5 different and very viable Stamina setups while in those same 5 seconds you can maybe see 1 or 2 semi-viable Magicka setups, something is wrong.

Nobody says Magicka is unplayable, but in the end the effort required to be successful with it is just not worth it when comparing to the ease of playing Stamina.

And aww <3

Nono, call me crazy, but I do seriously think magicka right now can be as strong if not stronger than stamina in most if not all situations (PvP). I might be mistaken, but we will see.
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I actually have to agree with Kris on this. Resource management is far more difficult on magicka builds than it is on stamina ones, who have black rose to boot.

While in the end, it ultimately depends a lot on the player's skill and reactivity, stamina as a rule has higher pools, higher damage and better sets. You have procs that stack with other procs that in turn reproc the first procs because most procs have a 4 second cooldown.

And magicka classes have Galerion's Revenge. #hype (I bet half of you don't even know this set exists. That's how bad it is).

Of course, Valkyn has been buffed But compare and contrast 8%chance on dots with a 10 second cooldown to a 50%chance on ransack (which is spammable, unlike dots) or 10% chance on all damage, both with a 4 second coolown. Not to mention that Selene double procs. I have dueling recaps of 1 Viper - 1 heavy attack - 1 Selene - 1 Selene - 1 viper far too often for it to be bearable.

As I see it, if you want to gain tankiness, you have to sacrifice damage. In the current state of the game, stamina builds don't. It's not a problem of stamina vs magicka classes,but a problem of sets. The ones favouring stamina being the broken ones.

In an open world situation, take one mana sorc vs 3 or 4 stamina sorcs / dks / templars / nbs / whatever. All in heavy armor with bonus cancer points for it being black rose. The magicka sorc won't put out enough damage to kill even one of them before dying. Even with the destro ulti, he'll most likely be killed during the cast by one heavy attack, dawnbreaker, viper combo.
    One stamina sorc on the other hand, would conceivably be able to rekt 1 magicka sorc or nb out of 3-4 of them before dying. I'm not talking about winning 1vXes here. This is only doable against pugs, which diminishes the value that so many people put on their YT "1vX / outnumbered" videos. I'm merely talking about bringing at least one enemy down with you into death's bitter and cold embrace.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looool Galerion's Revenge. I was so hyped about this set. Opened up my first box, saw the stats, and then rerolled stamina.
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know, I actually have to agree with Kris on this. Resource management is far more difficult on magicka builds than it is on stamina ones, who have black rose to boot.

While in the end, it ultimately depends a lot on the player's skill and reactivity, stamina as a rule has higher pools, higher damage and better sets. You have procs that stack with other procs that in turn reproc the first procs because most procs have a 4 second cooldown.

And magicka classes have Galerion's Revenge. #hype (I bet half of you don't even know this set exists. That's how bad it is).

Of course, Valkyn has been buffed But compare and contrast 8%chance on dots with a 10 second cooldown to a 50%chance on ransack (which is spammable, unlike dots) or 10% chance on all damage, both with a 4 second coolown. Not to mention that Selene double procs. I have dueling recaps of 1 Viper - 1 heavy attack - 1 Selene - 1 Selene - 1 viper far too often for it to be bearable.

As I see it, if you want to gain tankiness, you have to sacrifice damage. In the current state of the game, stamina builds don't. It's not a problem of stamina vs magicka classes,but a problem of sets. The ones favouring stamina being the broken ones.

In an open world situation, take one mana sorc vs 3 or 4 stamina sorcs / dks / templars / nbs / whatever. All in heavy armor with bonus cancer points for it being black rose. The magicka sorc won't put out enough damage to kill even one of them before dying. Even with the destro ulti, he'll most likely be killed during the cast by one heavy attack, dawnbreaker, viper combo.
    One stamina sorc on the other hand, would conceivably be able to rekt 1 magicka sorc or nb out of 3-4 of them before dying. I'm not talking about winning 1vXes here. This is only doable against pugs, which diminishes the value that so many people put on their YT "1vX / outnumbered" videos. I'm merely talking about bringing at least one enemy down with you into death's bitter and cold embrace.

Did you forget the patches were skoria + winterborn sorcs & nbs were rockin pvp? Or when skoria and nerien´eth were the only viable proc sets for a very long time? None of my most successful setups use more than one proc set, the ones I consider strongest dont even rely on any offensive proc at all.

You are cherry-picking (the worst of all mag proc sets) and over-simplifying the situation. No offense, i actually agree with most of your points to some extend. In my opinion all offensive procs should work like galerion or maybe way of the air. You should be forced to work for procs to happen, be forced to play different to make proc sets work, be forced to do additional actions, more difficult rotations to trigger them.

But its eso after all.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on October 20, 2016 9:42PM
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and Skoria has a 5 second cooldown, not 10. I'll just show myself out now.
    Options
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mojomonkeyman oh I remember, I was a winterborn rocking sorc myself.

Thing is, in the end, people only care about their own interests, and I won't delude myself and pretend that I want perfect equity in this game. I play magicka sorc, as such I'm sensitive about the nerfs it has suffered and the increased difficulty required to succesfully play it compared to stamina builds, who can launch one attack, then quickly go afk, and their gear procs will do the rest.
    Of course, one can say that extra difficulty just shows your skill and perseverance in trying to save a drowning class, but in this game dedication has no reward. At the end of the fight, I will ultimately have a death screen littered with procs and nothing to show for it while the supposedly less skilled fotm reroll will have AP and the brief sense of achievement and satisfaction that comes with killing some gimped enemy in an online game.

If I were maining a stamina dk, I wouldn't have cared about these sets and patch changes. But as a magicka sorc, I do. I want my class to be good and competitive, regardless of the ways the devs plan to achieve it. Assuming they even plan to do so, that is. As I said in a thread about sorc nerfs on PTS before DB even hit live, I want my little piece of happiness in ESO, and if it involves ripping said happiness out of other people's throats, then so be it. Not that I expect other people to give up their proc sets and their happiness easily. And in the end, it will be up to the devs at any rate.

Not to say that I don't understand where you're coming from. I did have sympathy for the plight of stam sorcs before Dark Brotherhood. But that's all it was, just compassion. Your gimped class wasn't my problem, seen as I was busy winterlolling across Cyrodiil.

Like I have this magicka DK friend, who persevered despite all the s*** that his class has been through. He keeps trying and trying, and testing and testing, and seeking smallscale battles in Cyrodiil, and while he's awesome and I genuinely admire him very much, at the end of the day he's just in a foul mood with far too many flames to show for it. I mean it's hard to realize that you die not because of slow reflexes or inability to adapt and pressure in combat, but because of the lackluster class skills or rather lack of them, compared to the rest.

Rereading this, it sounds conceited, what with all the "I want" etc. But hey, I'm a selfish person. However, I do still enjoy the game. Only instead of keeping up the fight as before on a gimped class like the aforementioned dk or quite a few other people I know, I go duel in lava, or naked. Or naked in lava. Or try and beat CoH with just my fists (that's still a work in progress). Or derp around roleplayers and narrate their stories, which while sometimes a bother, is often appreciated if only for the grammatical effort. Or spam mutagen on zergs and pretend I'm a war hero. Or find ways to "glitch" out of the map. Or fish with friends. Or go on forums and post random stuff in hopes of spuring drama/entertainement. The game still offers plenty of possibilities; it's just sad that a huge chunk of them has been taken away from magicka builds with this patch.
    Edited by covenant_merchant on October 21, 2016 9:42AM
    Options