Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Boss Health / Resistance in Normal Dungeons - is this bugged?

Cazic
Cazic
✭✭✭✭✭
I know in a recent patch, they adjusted boss health values in Normal dungeons. I've heard some talk about this not working properly, but never any confirmation about what's going on.

I ran FG II Normal the other night and one of the bosses just took a ridiculously long time to kill. She had a giant health pool and what seemed like 90% mitigation. We literally sat there for 15 straight minutes just picking away at her until she finally died.

Is this some how working as intended, or are the adjustments they made bugged?
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you did FG II in Vet mode instead of Normal mode. Most of the normal mode bosses go down fairly easily since they fixed the scaling. And yes, the Vet mode versions of those dungeons now take considerably longer to complete because they did ramp up the HP on the bosses and mobs.
    Edited by Ashtaris on October 20, 2016 12:19AM
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Sounds like you did FG II in Vet mode instead of Normal mode. Most of the normal mode bosses go down fairly easily since they fixed the scaling.

It was definitely normal mode, not vet. Two of the players in my group were below level 50 and we were introducing them to the dungeon.

Aside from that, I agree, normal mode bosses do go down easily. That wasn't the case here though, which is why I'm asking about it.

All of the other bosses in this particular run went own normally. It was just this one that was somehow ultra buffed with health and resistances. She wasn't hitting hard--it wasn't challenging, just took forever and was very tedious.
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there is always a chance (believe it or not) that ZOS missed a boss in thier scaling adjustments. I know, that would NEVER happen :) If you feel it was bugged then be sure to send them a report.
    Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Well there is always a chance (believe it or not) that ZOS missed a boss in thier scaling adjustments. I know, that would NEVER happen :) If you feel it was bugged then be sure to send them a report.

Yeah, very possible. Its only happened the one time on the one boss. So I'll keeo an eye out and send a report if it happens again. Thanks.
    Options
  • PE_Bagatur
    PE_Bagatur
    ✭✭✭
    Don't kill the spiders.

Options
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PE_Bagatur wrote: »
    Don't kill the spiders.

Oh... Right. Is that all it was? If so that's hilarious. I've heard that before but don't really run it often enough to remember.
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's working as intended. It's part of the boss mechanic that his resistances increases by a lot if you perform a certain action.
    When a spider dies he gains resistances

Edit: I should type faster :/
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on October 20, 2016 1:34AM
    Options