The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zero XP from new dolmen mobs; Low XP from special bosses, etc.

Eiagra
Eiagra
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else finding that the new dolmen mobs are granting zero XP? I still get a point toward Fighter's Guild skill line, but no actual XP.

Also noticing that special named bosses are granting the same XP as trash mobs.

Not sure if this is an issue with the halloween event / XP changes, an issue with the mobs themselves, or what.

Discovered this at King's Guard dolmen while in skeleton mode, around and before LV 19.

Also noticing (not yet found a reason) that some random mobs are granting low XP (10) while others grant high (200+). For mudcrabs.
      In verity.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that some of the new (unnamed) Dolmen bosses aren't dropping treasure (including Plunder Skulls which is what made it obvious)--Dread Flesh Collosus and Dread Grievous Twilights that I've seen so far.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that some of the new (unnamed) Dolmen bosses aren't dropping treasure (including Plunder Skulls which is what made it obvious)--Dread Flesh Collosus and Dread Grievous Twilights that I've seen so far.

I had just noted that and was about to edit my original post to include it. Now I don't have to, thanks! :D

But, yeah, we just fought a Dread Flesh Colossus, got a handful of XP for what is a "boss" mob, and no loot even though my sister and I were off the loot cooldown.
          In verity.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your taking the bosses down before the Cool Down timer passes, then you get less Exp and normal mob loot, not the boss loot which has the dropped set items. Off timer, you get the normal amount. With tons of players around, you may not be able to do the 3% damage needed to gain exp or loot.

With Mudcrabs, there are two of them, a Tan one and a Brown one. The tan ones have way less health and only give 10% of the exp that the brown ones do. BTW, Wolves and Skeevers also give the low exp too.
    Edited by Nestor on October 19, 2016 8:38PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was just my sister and I, grouped. Kinda why we've been hanging out at King's Guard Dolmen, it's too out of the way to bounce between so better chance of actually doing 3% damage even if a crowd shows up. We haven't been bouncing, just waiting for the same dolmen, thus definitely off cooldown.

Didn't know about the difference in Mudcrabs. I'll keep a closer look on that from now on, thanks. :)
    Edited by Eiagra on October 19, 2016 8:31PM
          In verity.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I get XP from dolmen mobs, either. Just a single big burst of XP when dolmen gets closed at end of fight. Not sure if that is intentional or a bug.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    If your taking the bosses down before the Cool Down timer passes, then you get less Exp and normal mob loot, not the boss loot which has the dropped set items. Off timer, you get the normal amount. With tons of players around, you may not be able to do the 3% damage needed to gain exp or loot.

The problem with this theory is that the Plunder Skull timer is 3-4 minutes and the Dolmen respawn is (at lowest) about five--and it's always those two boss types that have that problem for me; it doesn't matter how many people are there hitting the boss, if it's the Dread Flesh Collosus or the Dread Grievous Twilight, there's consistently no loot, including the aforementioned Skull which should drop even if nothing else does.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do get exp from Dolmen Mobs when I do them, but I have to do enough damage. But I stand there and tag mobs with Light Bow attacks and see the Exp numbers when they die.

Now, there are two Cool Down Timers with World Bosses. Prior to the Witches Festival, it was about 20 minutes to get the full exp and the boss loot. But it could take up to 20 minutes for a boss to spawn, and it was possible to ride to the next boss before the cool down was off and get the low loot and exp. But, the Witches festival has a 3 to 5 minute cool down on the Plunder Skulls, so you end up getting Bosses and Boss Loot more often than we used to. Not sure what is going to happen after the Festival is over.

As for Dolmens themselves, I have noticed in the past, before 1T, the final Exp varies, and I can't make out the pattern. I have solo'd them and gotten different exp, and I have been around other players and gotten different exp. But, it is always less than the very first time I did a Dolmen after log in.
    Edited by Nestor on October 19, 2016 8:45PM

• SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭

The problem with this theory is that the Plunder Skull timer is 3-4 minutes and the Dolmen respawn is (at lowest) about five--and it's always those two boss types that have that problem for me; it doesn't matter how many people are there hitting the boss, if it's the Dread Flesh Collosus or the Dread Grievous Twilight, there's consistently no loot, including the aforementioned Skull which should drop even if nothing else does.

Yeah, I noticed that on my main as well as multiple other characters. Those particular bosses never drop anything, even when the cooldown timer is well past its mark.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Plunder Skull and Dolmen respawn timers are not all that fixed, they vary. I know of a Dolmen that spawns more often than a 5 minute timer, and as long as I can get damage in, I get a skull. But I have to pre-load the landing area with an AoE to get the damage in, waiting until i see it, it's too late, even though it looks like I should be doing damage. Reason, all the other attacks that go there before me did the damage, but the game can not animate that fast enough.

Most people I know have given up on the Dolmens for now, they are too crowded with players.
    Edited by Nestor on October 19, 2016 8:58PM

• SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭

The Plunder Skull and Dolmen respawn timers are not all that fixed, they vary. I know of a Dolmen that spawns more often than a 5 minute timer, and as long as I can get damage in, I get a skull. But I have to pre-load the landing area with an AoE to get the damage in, waiting until i see it, it's too late, even though it looks like I should be doing damage. Reason, all the other attacks that go there before me did the damage, but the game can not animate that fast enough.

Most people I know have given up on the Dolmens for now, they are too crowded with players.

Out-of-the-way dolmens that aren't near anything are usually not as populated. Most people don't like just standing there for several minutes. I don't mind since the xp is usually better, and there are fewer people.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil