The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Missing Main Quest Giver in Craglorn

Ir0nB34r
Ir0nB34r
✭✭✭
So my friend and I went to Craglorn last night to make use of the re balanced difficulty. We went to the observatory, went through the quest there and spoke to the Celestial. After returning we finished out that quest but was not given the next phase. I checked the Wiki, and the next quest in the main story should be given by a man named Erold who is supposed to also be in the observatory. He was missing for both myself and my friend. In the chat I also saw others mentioning they could not find him. Just in case I also rebooted and he was no where to be found.

Also, I had several quests active for Craglorn before the update yesterday and had done quite a bit pre update. It seems they were all removed from my quest log and it the entire area was reset for me. Even the Wayshrine was no longer considered having been discovered. I thought this was likely intended, and may or may not have anything to do with why I am not able to progress in the main quest.
[XBOX][NA]
Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
(Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
"If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    All the quests in craglorn did reset so everyone can do them again. Did you leave craglorn and then go back in after the one tamriel patch? People were saying that might help if the quest giver is missing, try going to an alliance capital and then using the man with the cart to go back to craglorn and see if that fixes it..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, “Shattered and the Lost” and “The Corrupted Stone” are no longer required for the zone main quest so the game may not spawn those NPCs in the normal places. I found one at the Bangkori Gate and I don't remember where I found the other one.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erold was moved to the tavern, down in the town.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp