The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Possible Spoiler Alert] Army of Meridia [Possible Spoiler]

Druachan
Druachan
✭✭✭
Ok so this is my first time doing this part of the quest, is there any advantage in me having a larger force, i.e doing more quests to get more members in the army or am I just gaining more levels and skills?
Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.

Best Answers

• runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I've done it 10 times at least and I've tried every variation of the story. They really do join you but not in a way that you'd notice, and certainly not at the end, which is solo
    Answer ✓
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more allies you gain, the more fights during The Final Battle will have additional assistance on your side, and the more hints you are able to gain. For example, if you complete Wisdom of the Ages, a group of Argonians will fight beside you when you hit a particular wave of enemies. If you don't complete that quest, you'll have to fight those enemies by yourself. If you don't rescue Malkur Valos, you won't be able to ask for his advice when you get to a certain location; if you don't help the Soul-Meld Mage, he won't be there to guide you through a particular part of the dungeon.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Answer ✓
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers guys
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    The more allies you gain, the more fights during The Final Battle will have additional assistance on your side, and the more hints you are able to gain. For example, if you complete Wisdom of the Ages, a group of Argonians will fight beside you when you hit a particular wave of enemies. If you don't complete that quest, you'll have to fight those enemies by yourself. If you don't rescue Malkur Valos, you won't be able to ask for his advice when you get to a certain location; if you don't help the Soul-Meld Mage, he won't be there to guide you through a particular part of the dungeon.

cool thanks, i have done both rescues and also the soul-meld mage. I'll keep going for a while yet.