The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dueling

LokomotivBreath
LokomotivBreath
✭✭✭
Can we please have designated areas for dueling? Like any where BUT in city limits or at the undaunted enclaves? I went into the bank in Wayrest and there were 2 duels going on right in front of the banker area. I can see the appeal for dueling, but can we keep it out of the already highly populated player areas?

Thanks,
Loko
DC - Ban D'aid - Breton Templar Healer
DC - Ken Worth - Redguard Dragonknight
DC - Shock n Oz - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer
DC - Shaahni the Blade - Khajiit Nightblade
XBoxOne
"I believe you have my stapler"
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God not this again. OK, here's how it should play out

1. No duelling in enclosed areas such as banks, taverns, crafting stations
    2. Anywhere else goes, this includes cities
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, most of us, duelists, have assigned the undaunted enclave surroundings as the meeting point for duels.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop whining about dueling, this is why we can't have nice things.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are folks are seemingly designating certain more open areas for dueling away from city or more populated areas. Particularly in Wrothgar and the Gold Coast, I'm seeing many toons hovering around in more open area while dueling is going on. However, as I mentioned in other dueling post, similar to issues in PvP, this dueling is just a nest egg waiting for cheaters to happen or already occurring. Social media, cheat engine, etc.. really no gentlemen rules on dueling or honor among duelers concept.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Actually, most of us, duelists, have assigned the undaunted enclave surroundings as the meeting point for duels.

Sounds like a cool spot. I've actually taken kasa's idea and started immersive duelling. Really makes things a lot more interesting.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/298073/video-immersive-duels-feat-fall-damage
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to slow this down, aside from time, is to condition duelers to all meet in the same place. ZOS has suggested the Hammerdeath Arena, which last night had about a dozen players in it dueling each other. I had a great time there and it's ...

- far from a city
    - close to a wayshrine
    - has a merchant

Here are the directions to get there.

The Hammerdeath Arena is a battleground that appears in The Elder Scrolls Online. It is found in Stormhaven, north of Soulshriven Tower, and west of Wayrest.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way to slow this down, aside from time, is to condition duelers to all meet in the same place. ZOS has suggested the Hammerdeath Arena, which last night had about a dozen players in it dueling each other. I had a great time there and it's ...

- far from a city
    - close to a wayshrine
    - has a merchant

Here are the directions to get there.

The Hammerdeath Arena is a battleground that appears in The Elder Scrolls Online. It is found in Stormhaven, north of Soulshriven Tower, and west of Wayrest.

I went there when One Tam was still on the PTS and it was pretty awesome. I was expecting it to just be a circle of dirt, but you have various platforms to spectate from, an "undying fan" (which I think is a poke at the fan from Oblivion), and several other NPCs that walk about and cheer.
    It's a rather cool place to duel and hold tournaments. Though sometimes it's handy to be able to have a quick scrap in town, or simply test out some abilities.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to add a few more things to hammerdeath like a banker and alchemy station and cooking fire so you can make potions and change gear without leaving.