The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka or Stamina Nightblade mainly for PVP?

bigmanebiggu
Help is appreciated :D
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    stam is stronger
    magic is sneaky
    both very fun. i'd go mag but i like mag builds
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina. Just 'cus Stamina.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • HawkStan
    HawkStan
    I have both and play both. It all comes down to playstyle.
    Stam: a lot higher 1v1 dmg, like every stam + still the fun of sneakyness from time to time.
    Mag: a lot of options. High regen in your face build, limitless cloaking. Super high burst ranged build. Bombing.

Pick what you like. Stam is a lot quicker and easier to learn, but once mastered magica is very different than anything else in this game.
    #VMA token system
  • OnyxProphet
    OnyxProphet
    ✭✭✭
    What's the super high burst ranged build look like?

I'm running a DPS magblade with DW for my spam skills and AOE, and a destro backbar with DOTs and staff ult. Concealed Weapon for high damage spam weaving, Sap Essence for AOE, Inv Drain for self healing and ultimate generation.

Are you using Force Pulse as your spam?
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well OnyxProphet, the title says, "mainly for PVP" and you sound like you're taking about a PVE build. The high burst can come from a fully charged heavy attack followed by an Assassin's Will and then an ult. It has potential but my RNG vs shuffle is terrible.

I too have both stam and mag and play them very differently. My stam is a brawler, close range knock your face off with muh muscles, whereas my magicka is some mix of sneaky ranged wear-and-tear or a Zerg harassment build (VD) depending on how the PVP is going.

So you have to know what playstyle you're aiming for, stam is good for in your face or bow, gank or worse proc gank, and magicka is good at sneaky and ranged or messing up balls of players, these aren't exclusive, but are the easiest to build and play for. One of the nice things I notice when playing my NBs is that you have far more options than most classes.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • bigmanebiggu
    thank you everyone :)

so my main question now is for single target pvp what is better, stamina or magicka?
  • WooZie
    WooZie
    ✭✭
    thank you everyone :)

so my main question now is for single target pvp what is better, stamina or magicka?

Stamina, without a doubt.
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka is more enjoyable I think just because I love sneaking through Zergs and big fights looking for targets. You can spend an entire four hour pvp session without ever dying.

Problem is, if you're playing the sneaky assasin role with mag you won't hit very hard and you have to be pickier with your targets.

(I can burst any unbuffed target down from full health from stealth with about 25k health or less. That seems to be the ceiling with my build. I'm sure there are guys who can do better though.)

On the other hand, Stam isn't able to sneak around as much, but you can basically take anyone under 35k health down in about 2-5 seconds whenever you want.
    Edited by Volrion on October 27, 2016 4:09AM
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only play magicka and love it; there are tons of different build options out there. I personally play my ganking build 90% of the time I'm pvping. I will say though that stam is ruling right now so it may feel like an uphill battle sometimes if you go the magicka route.

Some builds off the top of my head-
    Magicka: bomb-build, sap-tank, staff resource/sustain build, ganking with a staff (on average my opening combo hits for 32k total-higher for light armor users, lower for heavy armor or anyone who has radiant magelight slotted).
    Stam: proc-sets, tanky s&b setup, bow ganking, rolly-polly build...
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A wise man once said, you dont need to play good, just equip viper and tremorscale and you will roflstomp on every stamina build
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • OnyxProphet
    OnyxProphet
    ✭✭✭
    I only play magicka and love it; there are tons of different build options out there. I personally play my ganking build 90% of the time I'm pvping. I will say though that stam is ruling right now so it may feel like an uphill battle sometimes if you go the magicka route.

Magicka: bomb-build, sap-tank, staff resource/sustain build, ganking with a staff (on average my opening combo hits for 32k total-higher for light armor users, lower for heavy armor or anyone who has radiant magelight slotted).

Would you mind sharing a Bomb Build?
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

Sure!
    5 pieces of vicious death (3 jewelry, 2 body)
    5 pieces of clever alchemist (1 back bar resto staff, 4 body)
    1 kena piece
    2 sharpened torugs swords front bar
    I'd go armour weights 5 light 1 medium 1 heavy if you have undaunted maxed.
    Tri stat or bi stat max health/magicka food.

Front dw bar-cloak, lotus fan, mages light, sap essence, concealed weapon ultimate soul tether
    Back bar-healing ward, shadow image, grim focus/merciless, proxy det, mass hysteria ultimate barrier or the healing ultimate

Basically pop a spell power potion on your resto bar to activate clever alchemist (before this have your grim focus buff activated and drop a shade if you want to teleport out after bombing) then activate proxy det switch to your front bar and cloak towards the group counting the seconds you have before proxy goes off, activate mages light to empower soul tether and then tether inside the target group. Sap essence spam and watch people blow up.

Timing is key so practice counting out proxy to time it with soul tether. Then sap essence to finish people off.

After the initial bomb it's time to get out so cloak out or teleport to your shade if you dropped it.

• R3dw0lf13
    R3dw0lf13
    Soul Shriven

Sure!
    5 pieces of vicious death (3 jewelry, 2 body)
    5 pieces of clever alchemist (1 back bar resto staff, 4 body)
    1 kena piece
    2 sharpened torugs swords front bar
    I'd go armour weights 5 light 1 medium 1 heavy if you have undaunted maxed.
    Tri stat or bi stat max health/magicka food.

Front dw bar-cloak, lotus fan, mages light, sap essence, concealed weapon ultimate soul tether
    Back bar-healing ward, shadow image, grim focus/merciless, proxy det, mass hysteria ultimate barrier or the healing ultimate

Basically pop a spell power potion on your resto bar to activate clever alchemist (before this have your grim focus buff activated and drop a shade if you want to teleport out after bombing) then activate proxy det switch to your front bar and cloak towards the group counting the seconds you have before proxy goes off, activate mages light to empower soul tether and then tether inside the target group. Sap essence spam and watch people blow up.

Timing is key so practice counting out proxy to time it with soul tether. Then sap essence to finish people off.

After the initial bomb it's time to get out so cloak out or teleport to your shade if you dropped it.

Is it possible to use a destro staff for a bomb build?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mageblade is the most versatile class in the game.

Stamblade is easier to solo with but mageblade is stronger 1v1
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade does not have a "built in" heal so you have to account for that. Lots of people slot vigor but I prefer other sources of healing as well. Magica NB has some very good NB healing skills.

Another problem with stamblade is that if you are trying to be a sneaky-sneak stamblade, you are using your primary damage dealing resource every time you sneak. If you want to sneak a lot you will have to either go vampire and mitigate fire damage somehow or use a 5-piece set bounus to help you sneak (which will reduce your DPS).

A third problem with stamblade is that heavy armor has resistance and light armor has a magic shield available, but medium armor has no no real damage mitigation except shuffle and medium armor stamblades are squishier than light armored magblades with annulment. So even though you will cause greater damage with medium armor, if you don't want to be the squishiest person in Cyrodil you will have to wear heavy and do less damage.

I've played stamblade in PvP and my play style was very much "hit and run". Usually the running part didn't work all that well :/ Basically if I didn't kill the person in 5 seconds and escape I was roadkill. My next NB is going to be Magika for sure.