The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade siphon tree skill - strife - plus both morphs - funnel health - swallow soul - is

AzuraKin
AzuraKin
✭✭✭✭✭
broken or tool tip needs updated. tool tip states that it heals for 25% of the damage inflicted. this means its a damage based heal such as if I hit 4000, It heals 1000, if I hit 8000 it heals 2000 every 2s. so based on tooltip description, if I have lets say 100% crit damage and heal boost, and my power is such I hit 10,000 damage noncrit with strife or morph, and crit for 20,000 I should heal 2500 off noncrit, 5000 of crit hits, and the heal should do 2x that on crit. for example I cast strife, it hits noncrit, heals me noncrit for 2500 2s later it crit heals me for 5000. I cast strife again this time it crit damages, then noncrit heals me. it should heal me for 5000, 2s later it crit heals me, that heal should be 10,000. based on tooltip. but it doesn't. I heal the same regardless of the damage is crit or noncrit which means, that when I crit with strife, I am not healing 25% of the damage inflicted, only 25% of the damage I would of inflicted if I had not critical hit.
v160 spellsword (nightblade)
v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
v160 assassin (nightblade)
v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    i need to check that , but also i think that maybe your health bar was filled and when it's filled i don't think you get any heal
    i'm not100 % sure about that though
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What it means is if you deal 10,000 Damage with it you will heal 2,500 Health over 10 seconds. Since it ticks every 2 seconds that's basically 500 per tick. If the damage is 20,000 it's 5,000 over 10 seconds with 1,000 per tick.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on October 19, 2016 3:12AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What it means is if you deal 10,000 Damage with it you will heal 2,500 Health over 10 seconds. Since it ticks every 2 seconds that's basically 500 per tick. If the damage is 20,000 it's 5,000 over 10 seconds with 1,000 per tick.

no its 25% every 2s.
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you check the wording of the tooltip OP is right:"...dealing X damage and healing you for 25% of the damage inflicted every 2 seconds for 10 seconds" = healing every 2 sec for 25% of damage inflicted meaning 5 ticks = 125% healing over 10 sec.

If the heal would only be 25% of the damage dealt over a certain duration the wording has to be something like: "...dealing X damage and healing your for 25% of the damage inflicted ever 2 seconds over 10 seconds" = healing for 25% of damage inflicted meaning a heal of 5% damage inflicted every 2 sec for 5 ticks = 25% healing.

From my own NB experience I know the healing I get is the latter while the tooltip describes the former.
    Edited by daedalusAI on October 19, 2016 11:21AM
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daedalusAI wrote: »
    If you check the wording of the tooltip OP is right:"...dealing X damage and healing you for 25% of the damage inflicted every 2 seconds for 10 seconds" = healing every 2 sec for 25% of damage inflicted meaning 5 ticks = 125% healing over 10 sec.

If the heal would only be 25% of the damage dealt over a certain duration the wording has to be something like: "...dealing X damage and healing your for 25% of the damage inflicted ever 2 seconds over 10 seconds" = healing for 25% of damage inflicted meaning a heal of 5% damage inflicted every 2 sec for 5 ticks = 25% healing.

From my own NB experience I know the healing I get is the latter while the tooltip describes the former.

Such inaccuracy gets my blood boiling.

Editing and not making a new post is sometimes hard.
    Edited by daedalusAI on October 19, 2016 11:23AM
  • SantaOrc
    SantaOrc
    ✭✭✭
    I was asking me the same thing yesteray. So it is a total of 25% from the noncrit value, and not 125% from the damage inflicted?
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    according to the tooltip, if you crit damage, you should heal 25% of the crit damage every 2s (with chance to crit that heal as well) but how its working is regardless of wether you crit or not, you heal 25% of the noncrit damage value every 2s.
  • SantaOrc
    SantaOrc
    ✭✭✭
    I tested it.
    It's 150% in total of the damage dealt (6x 25%), regardless if it was a crit or not. So the healing from crits is higher than from noncrit. The healing can't crit for itself though.
    Case closed.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    santaorc you obviously do not know what the tool tip says nor how that relates then to how the skill is to work, (how its suppose to work). funnel health is a damage based heal, meaning if i do `10,000 damage with strife, it heals 2500 every 2s for 10s, if i critcal hit for 20,000, i am then suppose to heal for 25% of 20,000. end of story. either zos needs to update tool tip (and skill obviously) or they need to fix whatever is preventing the ability to heal for the damage dealth on a critical hit.

point blank, either i hit for 10k and heal 2500 noncrit and hit for critical damage of 20k i heal for 5000 noncrit, or the heal from strife converts from a damage based percentage to a flat amount.