The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Twice-Fanged Serpent Set Bugged

Yamenstein
Yamenstein
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if this is happening to just me or not - but Twice-Fanged Serpent isn't working as intended.
According to the description, the 5th set bonus should increase physical penetration by 965 for 3 seconds when you deal damage. This stacks up to 5 times.
My physical penetration is 5260, and when i attack someone it goes up to 6225 - and then stays there. Isn't meant to stack up to 4825 ? Making my physical penetration 10.085 ? Or am I missing something here?
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry - forgot to mention that this is for the PC NA server.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It could be the addon not showing the penetration properly. Youre better of comparing the damage you deal with light attacks against a dungeon boss.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Addons get the data direct from the engine. General rule of thumb, addons are more reliable than gear sets..
    Edited by SkylarkX on October 19, 2016 5:44AM
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    All mobs in the zones have 18,000 physical resist correct? Can I try light attacking them to check the difference?
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't see any damage difference between not using the set and using it. Not sure what is going on here. @ZOS_GinaBruno Would it be possible for someone to take a look at this? I was looking forward to using this set - but according to my addons and testing it doesn't increase the physical penetration by five stacks - nor does it show any sort of increase in damage as well from the testing. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. But would be awesome for a double check.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I just equipped the new Spriggan set, and it works as expected - my 5260 physical penetration went up by 3768 to give me 9028 physical penetration. But when I use the Twice-Fanged Set my physical penetration goes up to 6225. I could use one light attack, or a rapid strike, or both and a rending slash and so on but it caps at 6225 physical penetration.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    3 seconds is pretty quick
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »

If I spam rapid strikes it's not. Also when I have endless hail and caltraps on the enemy, and when I have noxious breath, rending slashes, + more dots. It increases per damage done.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Yamenstein wrote: »

If I spam rapid strikes it's not. Also when I have endless hail and caltraps on the enemy, and when I have noxious breath, rending slashes, + more dots. It increases per damage done.

You think every tick counts for it? also I read somewhere that we've been mislead in thinking everything has 18k resists now and that trash packs are still what they used to be. I am inclined to believe this as with the most recent patch they are very easy to kill and I still notice a difference in damage on boss enemies vs trash. But regardless, your add-on shoukd at least show accurate numbers.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • SkylarkX
    SkylarkX
    ✭✭✭✭

You think every tick counts for it? also I read somewhere that we've been mislead in thinking everything has 18k resists now and that trash packs are still what they used to be. I am inclined to believe this as with the most recent patch they are very easy to kill and I still notice a difference in damage on boss enemies vs trash. But regardless, your add-on shoukd at least show accurate numbers.

It should, the tooltip say everytime you deal damage rather than every attack/melee attack/etc
    Nocturnal - Oceanic PvX Guild
    Skylärk / Dunmer DK
    Skylårk / Bosmer NB
    Skylörd / Khajiit Sorcerer
    Elizabeth Skylark / Breton Templar
    PC/NA/AD
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

As @SkylarkX stated, it should count for it - it doesn't say otherwise. Also I can see that it does because the buff tracker is showing a constant restart of the buff.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno has this been fixed in the new patch - I'm assuming not because it's not in the patch notes.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is this bugged or working as intended? Any moderators able to tell me? It would be much appreciated.