The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One Tamriel isn't really one

daedalusAI
daedalusAI
✭✭✭✭✭
Wasn't the intention of one tamriel to enable people to go where they want to while not being restricted to their alliance areas?
If so why are there still annoying restriction:
  • I can unlock fighters/mages guild skill line in every city but I can only do their quest lines in my alliance area
  • I can only to the main quest in my alliance area
  • Yesterday I got myself a WW bite from an npc and I needed to cross half tamriel as AD because I started questing in Daggerfall and I couldn't get the quest giver to spawn just because I was in the "wrong" alliance area
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same like IRL: you can travel whole EU and work wherever you want, but to do some official stuff you have to return to your home country.
    You can do the MG/FG quest line only once (because they are all the same), but you can accept the dailies - I think. Also, you can do the main quest in every alliance (as in every alliance the quests are different), but you have to start and finish with your own and reach lvl 50 to do the Cadwell's Silver and Gold.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • MaKTaiL
    MaKTaiL
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ what he said.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say they haven't implemented the changes yet because of limitations but will get around to it. I am just glad this game is working if not for the dueling lag.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doing the mages, fighters and undaunted guild dailies is WAY more annoying than for EP and DC characters. That damned tree city.... idiotic amount of running around.

The daily NPCs should be together, right next to a wayshrine. Especially so that less experienced players remember they're even there.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »
    Doing the mages, fighters and undaunted guild dailies is WAY more annoying than for EP and DC characters. That damned tree city.... idiotic amount of running around.

The daily NPCs should be together, right next to a wayshrine. Especially so that less experienced players remember they're even there.

You can always chop it down a bit... Oh, you cant, because of Green Pact, lol.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can turn the dailies in in any city, as well as the pledges. As an EP, I regularly use Wayrest because it doesn't have quit so bad an overpopulation problem as Mournhold.
    Edited by Astanphaeus on October 18, 2016 1:46PM
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Streega wrote: »
    It's the same like IRL: you can travel whole EU and work wherever you want, but to do some official stuff you have to return to your home country.
    You can do the MG/FG quest line only once (because they are all the same), but you can accept the dailies - I think. Also, you can do the main quest in every alliance (as in every alliance the quests are different), but you have to start and finish with your own and reach lvl 50 to do the Cadwell's Silver and Gold.

I know that you can only finish those 2 guild quest lines once - but what I still don't understand is that with one tamriel my AD nightblade is able to hold hands with npcs in Daggerfall but I'm forced to go back home to do those quest lines.

As AD I couldn't enter the harborage in Daggerfall and had to go home to Vulkhel Guard to start it - and only get the following quests in the chain while being there.
  • Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    Why does it matter if you have to do it in your own alliance? You have to travel around anyway dont you?
    I would suppose it is bcoz that AD is still your home alliance, just bcoz there is no alliance border anymore, it doesnt mean that theres no more alliances.. And there still needs to be some sort of alliance limits.

Makes sense?
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khairiah wrote: »
    Why does it matter if you have to do it in your own alliance? You have to travel around anyway dont you?
    I would suppose it is bcoz that AD is still your home alliance, just bcoz there is no alliance border anymore, it doesnt mean that theres no more alliances.. And there still needs to be some sort of alliance limits.

Makes sense?

Before I dropped the game weeks after launch I was limited to my starting alliance and was only able to visit the other alliances after lvl 50 and through cadwells almanach or what it was called.

Now there is this big thing called "one tamriel" which enables you to start questing wherever you want - but your main quest, fighter and mages guild quest lines and vampire/ww are still tied to your starting alliance.

Either you call it one tamriel meaning you can start those few things mentioned above from anywhere or there should be some sort of information that those few things still are tied to your starting alliance - something I couldn't find but might have missed.
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    even the Witches' Festival requires you to go to your "home" alliance, so it seems quite a few things are still tied down and not totally "one"
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daedalusAI wrote: »
    [*] I can only to the main quest in my alliance area
    [*]

Isn't Cadwell's still available?
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CapnPhoton wrote: »
    [*] I can only to the main quest in my alliance area
    [*]

Isn't Cadwell's still available?

I'm back not even 2 weeks - so no idea.
    But doesn't change my points made about those few quest lines.
    Edited by daedalusAI on October 18, 2016 5:40PM
  • Parafrost
    Parafrost
    ✭✭✭
    Because you are still loyal to your queen. All hail the dominion!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the intention of one tamriel to enable people to go where they want to while not being restricted to their alliance areas?

Just get to level 50 and those restrictions go away. Gotta have something to do between level 1 and 50 ...
    shades.gif

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imma say this Tamriel isn't one this is a bit off topic but the world isn't whole until I can walk from Daggerfall to Davon's Watch this game still feels like were separated
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Phica_Lovic
    Phica_Lovic
    ✭✭✭✭

You can pick these up and turn them in at any capital. I am also AD, but can pick up and turn in at Mournhold. Best to attempt to do it before complaining about it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Phica -Max CP - Lvl 50 Argonian Sorc Healer since launch

• JungleBoot
    JungleBoot
    ✭✭✭
    This update if it's truly One Tamriel should have done away with Caldwell's Silver and Gold since you can take your sweet time and progress in all three alliances at the same pace. Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, I'm in agreement with those that think it is stupid to level to CP160 now. The "battle-leveling" has essentially removed the necessity. All anyone is doing at this point is leveling offensive, defensive, and armor skill. Oh yeah, and gaining champion points. So, why not start every new character at CP160?
    Edited by JungleBoot on October 18, 2016 6:18PM
    Platform: PS4
    CP 405
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget the guild quests... I still can't play together with my friends and guildies in Cyrodill because of faction differences.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • JungleBoot
    JungleBoot
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodill is PvP only. It will always be that way.
    Platform: PS4
    CP 405
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild questlines were designed to go along with your progression through your alliance questline, hence why each time they say to meet with colors or valaste its always in the next zone, then the next ect. Its not really immersive to meet with Valaste in Stonefalls, then to have her meet you again ALL THE WAY over in Auridon.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I see, One Tamriel just means all alliances can PVE together as ONE.

It was cool seeing alliance icons on all players. It's like being in Cyrodiil, except not. The population has now tripled in PVE so the Cadwell Silver and Gold areas are no longer ghost towns.

I like the hard World Bosses, Delves and Dolmens...challenging.
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quest anywhere anytime any level... Yet how am I to do such things if there are no wayshrines on my map to travel to these areas?

• Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can navigate the network of navigators to get around the first time. Once you have all the major wayshrines found you can travel more easily.
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    JungleBoot wrote: »
    This update if it's truly One Tamriel should have done away with Caldwell's Silver and Gold since you can take your sweet time and progress in all three alliances at the same pace. Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, I'm in agreement with those that think it is stupid to level to CP160 now. The "battle-leveling" has essentially removed the necessity. All anyone is doing at this point is leveling offensive, defensive, and armor skill. Oh yeah, and gaining champion points. So, why not start every new character at CP160?

Not this again. It's just horizontal progression. You still need to level up to get those attribute points, and, eventually, champion points (and let's not forget skill points). Battle scaling does not make levels obsolete. If you started each character with 160cp fresh off Wailing Prison, then each new toon would have a couple dozen skillpoints, 64 attribute points and 160 champion points. Now THAT would be silly, indeed. But that is not what is happening with the more horizontal-oriented progression that is now One Tamriel. You still gain power as you level.

So what if one still has to go to their alliance to finish the main and guild quests? It only makes sense that you do them within your alliance zones. Anything else you can do wherever and in whatever order you want. Besides, with one Tamriel, the highlight for ME has really been the absence of alliance walls and that you can just go everywhere and still get relevant loot to your level. It's like we are all one now. But we're still tied by loyalty to our respective alliances. Hail the Queen!
  • Vyncent3340
    Vyncent3340
    Soul Shriven
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    You can navigate the network of navigators to get around the first time. Once you have all the major wayshrines found you can travel more easily.

That, or you can group with your friend in a different alliance/starting zone/newbie area/what have you and just "Travel to Player" ....