The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nirnhoned trait - advice please

MakoFore
MakoFore
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all,
I was hoping for some advice as I've been to-ing and fro-ing about this decision for a while.
I have two crafters , both max level- in blacksmithing,woodworking and clothing. I levelled two to make things faster- one does upper body - the other lower body- one 2h weapons, etc, etc. both have 7-8 traits going in each of their respective fields. I also have a few other characters I'm levelling- but nothing advanced. recently I completed the nirnhoned quest in Craglorn- where I received a light armour hat - nirnhoned.
my question is - what should i do from here? obviously the goal is to eventually make my own twice born star set. perhaps make some money from nirnhoned stuff- but not really a consideration to me. But - should I -
1. get research with one of my guys who are crafters? which will take like 3 months or something.
2. get a new guy to research the piece and then enable him to craft for others - including myself. ( have only 2 pieces of nirncrux btw- the weapon type - i forget)

or do something else? just wanted to get some feedback from people who have been there. its obviously a very expensive and time consuming decision either way- just wanted to get ur opinions- what would you do now - what would you have done differently?
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also- is there any other avenues i dont know about in order to make this a cheap process? how do i get the other nirnhoned gear - is it thru group quests in Craglorn? this might be hard to organise - so is it better just to level up guy and run the solo quest again and again with alts?
    any help would be appreciated.
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get one random nirnhoned item from the main quest. You can do it again with different alts, but to get a full set for research that's not a good way. It's time consuming and very inefficient.
    You could do the main quest with other chars but I wouldn't make new ones... it just takes to long.
    Even if you team up with someone to rush you through quests it is tedious...

There is a small chance to get nirnhoned items from PVP campaigns. But to get those you'd have
    to spend 10 hours a day in cyrodiil or cheat your way to gain AP.

Easiest approach is to find a master crafter who makes you the needed items. If you can provide the
    nirncrux most will make it for a few 1000 gold. Or in a guild maybe for free.
    On PC/EU nirnhoned stuff goes for 15-20 k (weapons) or 5-10k (armor) in guild traders.
    You could of course concentrate on just those 5 pieces you want to craft.

If you just want to have a TBS set, buying it will be easier and cheaper than making it youself.
    I for exampe would make a TBS set in my trading guild for 5k a piece (in green quality)
    or 1k in my PvE guild.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If one would like to master all nirnhoned stuff and make gold in progress, I would advise him to make new char and make him learn all nirnhoned stuff. For example, dolmens are great to earn gold, finding purple jewelry will give you enough resources to buy nirnhoned stuff from guild stores. Let the new char learn them, it will be pretty fast since it would be the only trait that one is supposed to know. Farm Craglorn's nodes for nirncrux, craft lvl 1 stuff and sell. My guild mate is making a lot of cash this way, since weapons with this trait can be sold for 20-25k with ease. We play on PC EU, idk if the situation is the same on every server and platform.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    If youre on Xbox NA i can get you all the armor in nirnhoned and two handed weapons (great sword, maul, battle axe). Just provide the nirn. Fortified for armor or potent for weapons. I have heavy, medium, and light all researched in nirn already
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest to select one crafter as your main crafter to eventually learn all nine traits. This will learn weapons as first priority because weapon (potent) nirncrux is rare compared to fortified nirncrux. Second priority is most required armor. Let helper crafter learn least required armor.

In the end the biggest value of nirnhoned is that it is required to be able to make 9trait sets. It takes over a year to learn all items to nine traits on every item. You can cut that to half at account-level if a helper crafter learns other half of blacksmithing and clothing.

I would not make at all any temporary crafters to learn nirnhoned. Most of the gold comes from nirncrux itself - not from crafted trait items. Simply sell nirncrux. Besides nirncrux prices will fall because 1T doubled droprates.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey guys- thanks for the advice. I'm on PC EU. otherwise i d take u up on ur offer!

i l do that then i think- gather as much nirn as i can, ask a guild mate to build it- then research it back. of course i can get a set easily from my friend- but i ve resisted- the satisfaction of making my own set, i dunno. It ll feel like I've earned it by then i think.

thanks again for your responses- will take all your advice on. saved mea lot of time and gold
    Edited by MakoFore on October 18, 2016 10:54PM
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    Tell you the truth, I forgot nirnhoned was a trait.