Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Differences in world boss strength

Suter1972
Suter1972
✭✭✭✭
Is it just me not understanding tactics properly but are different world bosses so much harder than others?

I can be in a zone, take down a boss without much issue, yet I can go ‘backwards’ a zone and get 'one hitted' by a boss in a lower zone?

A particular issue im having is in caldwells silver. Im in greenshade but theres a couple of bosses that I can get nowhere near. The bone fella in the south and the camps in greenshade and grahtwood that have 3 tough cookies in them each. The bone fella just smacks me in the face and im looking at a resurrection screen. The 3 mob camps, I can take one of them at a time but when all 3 gang up my health disappears like a bloated stomach after a good curry the night before.

Some of these are cp100 bosses and im now past 160 so surely I should be more than able?
Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Andohir
    Andohir
    ✭✭✭
    Some of them are really tough now. E.g. yesterday it took almost a raid, 7+ players, to kill the Gargoyle in Rivenspire when I was there (due to its stun and hard hits and statue adds - and no healer^^). Also the giant elemental(?) in Stormhaven was a tough one. It seems the bosses where a big hp-bar almost all over the screen appears, are designed for groups now, while all others do not necessarily require more players.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    PS has not been yet updated, so there's still "silver" and "gold" zones there. Consoles are getting updated today or tomorrow so those bosses will become much harder. I remember doing the silver and gold on 3 different alliance characters and beating all the world bosses without much difficulty. The trick is to prioritize targets when there are 2 or 3 bosses. There are 2 such encounters there: The Reconnaissance Camp and Maormer Camp. In both cases healer should be prioritized and you should stay ranged for the most part, kiting the tank and the DD.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    There are 2 such encounters there: The Reconnaissance Camp and Maormer Camp. In both cases healer should be prioritized and you should stay ranged for the most part, kiting the tank and the DD.

correct, im on PS4 so bosses are pre one tam.

The camps are crazy hard. Ive only managed it once another player joined in to distract the DD allowing me to take out the healer. Couldn't do them on my own and I tried to stay ranged. Nearly broke my controller when I nearly had them down but strayed too far out and the ran back to reset point and full health!!

The bones guy in the south, not a change yet. He even gets me from ranged and takes out 50% of my 15K health.
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I easily soloed both on Magicka Sorcerer and Magicka Templar, with less than ideal bar setup - when I did the Cadwell zones I mostly rotated all skills on the bar so I could level them all to rank IV. Just start the fight with a nuke on the healer, use some CC on the tank & DD and it should be easy. Probably the self heal from power overload and puncturing sweep helped me with those bosses.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |