Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How can I obtain a Nirnhorned Battle Axe for Research ?

RobTheAxe
RobTheAxe
✭✭
Hi I am an Innocent PC NA player who is in no way seeking to make a looking for item or trade post who is wondering if he wanted to obtain a Nirnhorned Battle Axe for research how it would be done

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild stores should have them for anywhere between 18-23k gold. That was the price range before update 12, got no idea what the update will have done to the price. Aside from that the official way is to complete the craglorn quest line but the nirnhoned drop is random.
    PC | EU
  • RobTheAxe
    RobTheAxe
    ✭✭
    Thank you for the reply, it is very helpful to know I may be able to find them in guild stores

I just checked a few in Windhelm, but did not find any

I have a potent Nirncrux, is there any other way I can obtain this weapon ?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RobTheAxe wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply, it is very helpful to know I may be able to find them in guild stores

I just checked a few in Windhelm, but did not find any

I have a potent Nirncrux, is there any other way I can obtain this weapon ?

Well you could ask in a guild or zone chat if anyone would kindly craft one for you if you gave them the mats, but this is slightly risky if you don't know the person. The guild traders in Rawl'Kha and Belkarth have the best selection on PC EU. I just ended up buying most of mine. If you get the AwesomeGuildStore addon from minion you can set filters that it remembers which makes viewing multiple guild stores much faster.
    PC | EU
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP, if you would like, I would be happy to craft a Nirn Battle Axe for you if you send the mats. I have Nirn reasearched on all weapons and armor. My in-game name is @Ashtaris.
    Edited by Ashtaris on October 17, 2016 3:25AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang around the twice born station or another 9 trait crafting station and ask who ever shows up. Thats what i did
  • RobTheAxe
    RobTheAxe
    ✭✭
    To all who see this post, I want to write that Ashtaris was very helpful and crafted this hard-to-acquire item for me.

I trusted him and sent the materials and he replied with the crafted item.

Let it be known that Ashtaris is an honorable player

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @RobTheAxe

Look around for a helpful guild or two. I know of three that have crafters who will make research items for free, even nirn if you have the nirncrux. If you want to know about the guilds, send me a pm.
  • leowkwok
    leowkwok
    Does nirnhoned weapons ever drop from monsters or quest rewards?
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    leowkwok wrote: »

I would think that they have to or else how could you research the trait? The trick would be finding where it drops. My guess would be someplace in craglorn since that's where the crux comes from. I think maybe DSA or Malestrom may as well but I'm not 100% on that.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    leowkwok wrote: »

They never drop from monsters. If you do the storyline to Craglorn when you finish your are given one nirnhoned item. Could be weapon or armor. Most break that down to learn it.

I've bought all mine in guild traders. I haven't had time to do the storyline. Easier to just buy anyways. Only need the staffs and a few one handed weapons left to research for my nirnhoned
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you can get the nirn, there are crafters who will make you the items for research for free.
  • leowkwok
    leowkwok
    Another question, is Nirnhoned better than sharpened? I'm assuming it is since it's so rare.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Nirn was better than sharpened til a few updates ago when they nerfed the hell out of nirn. Now sharpened is by far better. Nirn is more for learning all 9 traits now then being a usable trait. Hoping they fix that.

Anyone on Xbox NA that needs nirn hit me up. I have all armor (light, med, heavy) researched and mace, dagger, great sword, maul, and battle axe researched. 9 days I finish bow and shield. GT BehelitApostle. Just send me the nirn and mats and I'll give you whatever you want.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vet maelstrom
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned gear also appears in end of campaign rewards in Cyrodiil. But you need to be very high up in the leader boards.
    Halcyon Black
  • SaRuZ
    SaRuZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just farm Nincrux in Craglorn and ask in major cities if someone can craft you a lvl 1 Nirnhoned Axe. Works for all gear needing Nirnhoned trait.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SaRuZ wrote: »
    Just farm Nincrux in Craglorn and ask in major cities if someone can craft you a lvl 1 Nirnhoned Axe. Works for all gear needing Nirnhoned trait.

Don't worry about it ... the OP is long gone. Admittedly a very clever way of soliciting services in the forums ...