The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dolmen Boss vulnerable to AoE before he comes down

TheDarkRuler
TheDarkRuler
✭✭✭✭✭
Issue is that even before the boss in the 2nd phase of a Dark Anchor comes down, he's vulnerable to area of effect attacks.
This results in everyone spamming Wall of Elements, Cleave and Steel Tornado. Sometimes during Prime Time boss is already before even coming down.
Everyone who does not do so because its bugusing/does not have AoE/deals too little damage is excluded from Plunder Skulls reward.

Fix this ASAP!
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    So that explains why I never got loot. I knew there were tons of people casting before the boss dropped, just didn't know he was dead before landing...Just knew I never saw any boss.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a problem IMO. It was this way all the time. When me and two of my pals go dolmen hunting, the boss hardly makes it down through our Endless Hail, Jabs, Caltrops, Veil, Re-arming Trap, Nova, Twisting Path, Meteor and Liquid Lightning stacking. Feels good to see people wonder why the boss never comes down.
    Edited by susmitds on October 16, 2016 2:35PM
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is why I switched off of dolmens for skulls. Boss doesnt have enough health to guarantee a skull. World or Dungeon Bosses would be better for skull farming. Though dolmens give more XP it seems.
  • Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see them make the final boss as powerful as the world bosses!!!
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag Bal needs to stop sending his bosses down at the same place every time. Common rookie mistake.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Komma wrote: »
    Would love to see them make the final boss as powerful as the world bosses!!!

At least the named bosses should have around 2 million and one-shot abilities. :)
    Its always cute if a named boss comes down and is dead after 1 second.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't this always been like this? Note don't play now but when I did, since launch PC. You could always target the area before any mobs spawn at anchors. Even the weak mobs. Always have a ground dot or some dot going and things melt before they appear.

Am I wrong? I used this technique when farming well over a year ago. Was there a change and then change back?
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasn't this always been like this? Note don't play now but when I did, since launch PC. You could always target the area before any mobs spawn at anchors. Even the weak mobs. Always have a ground dot or some dot going and things melt before they appear.

Am I wrong? I used this technique when farming well over a year ago. Was there a change and then change back?

Yeah, it has always been that way
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who does not do so because its bugusing [...]

No it is not. You are just enraged about your own inability to deal sufficient AOE damage before the game renders the mob targetable. But this is how the dolmen mechanics have worked since the start of the game.

You may ask to change the mechanic but you should also refrain from insulting other people.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • ArtOfShred
    ArtOfShred
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice to see them have temporary immunity in the spawning phase.

That and the laughable 8 second duration it takes for Bone Colossi to rise out of the ground too.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt this is a bug. You can do this with enemies like zombies being risen by wisplights and the Bone Colossus boss in Crypt of Hearts, not to mention literally every Daedric Titan in the game. Basically if they have an animation for their arrival you can attack where they are going to be when they engage you in combat and it will hit them. Dolmen mobs are no exception.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy