The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No Launcher after fresh install of ESO post one world patch

Martin_Umbranox
The Steam based ESO launcher was working fine until recent One World patch. I have done a complete re-install of the game 3 times now (1/2 day each time). I did use Uninstall and deleted all folders prior. I am a Steam user. Whether from the Windows 10 desktop Eso game icon (steam://rungameid/306130) or from within Steam library the loader will not start. Within Steam client when I click play it does say "running" very briefly and then stops. NO error code ever displays. This has been broken since the patch and I cannot get it to work. I have read the forums and have opened every windows firewall port related to game software and Java (which makes me unsecure). None of these changes were required previously as Eso worked for weeks until this patch. If I go to eso64.exe I can get a screen to come up and after putting in login information the says client is out of date and won't connect to anything This is pretty annoying. What are my options?
Thanks
  • Martin_Umbranox
    Thanks for the recommendation to manually re-install all the C++ distros. That worked.