Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I know I'm gonna catch hell

bogustech
bogustech
How do I participate in The Witchmothers Bargain? I'm not sure what to do next. This is embarrassing but what's a delve? Is it the group dungeons? Does it matter if I do Veteran or Normal dungeons. I'm sorry guys. I've never played an MMO prior to this one. I've had this since launch for PS4 and I pop back in from time to time and I honestly don't feel like I'm playing this game the right way. IDK. I'm sorry for the dumb question any help is appreciated.
Son, Brother, Husband, Father, Frequent Farter
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A delve is a solo dungeon. They normally contain skyshards. Kill the boss inside it.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's any of the caves with the torch symbol, there are 6 in each zone. They each contain a boss and a skyshard
    PS4 EU
  • bogustech
    bogustech
    Ok do I have to do the Delves for my alliance onlynor can I do it on any map?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any map.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are usually 6 delves per zone and they are the ones you can do them solo. You get the stuff from this event from bosses in the delves, dungeons, world bosses, and maelstrom arena. This applies to vet and normal.
  • bogustech
    bogustech
    Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I swear man I feel like a dope playing this game sometimes. Shoot, I've been using my DK since launch with gaps here and there because I get tired of the grind. I'm not even a high VR yet and it just gets frustrating. That's what I mean when I feel like I'm not playing the game properly
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any delve anywhere, but might be best sticking to one within 5 levels of yourself - I know the Plunder Skulls don't drop otherwise so would be a safe bet that the death potion or whatever it was won't either :smile:
    PS4 EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bogustech wrote: »
    I feel like I'm not playing the game properly

If you're enjoying yourself - you're most definitely playing the game properly...

I think any decent game is gonna get a little frustrating at times...doing a little research (like you are) goes a long way to adjusting expectations and having fun :p
    Edited by geonsocal on October 14, 2016 2:27AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really difficult if you don't come from a background of MMOs. Like you this is my first and it's like learning how to play games all over again! It's a completely different mindset to the 'whatever you want to do will work' attitude I've taken to other Elder Scrolls games. This forum really helps, mostly in teaching me to pay attention to the little things I'd never been that bothered with before. They make a big difference here!
    Never be worried about asking for help, most of the the people on here are brilliant :smile:
    PS4 EU
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind I'm an idiot.
    Edited by Rosveen on October 14, 2016 5:24AM
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If get lost just ask in zone. Usually someone will point you in the right direction. To get the first part of the quest I think it has to be a Delve but there after once you have the transformation you can hunt the bosses anywhere. You need to be within 5 levels or in a zone that levels you eg any DLC other than pvp areas (at least for the first part) (at least till one Tamerial on 18 Oct and then can hit anywhere) . Think can do even pvp once have the transform.

Best of hunting :>
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember first starting out in daggerfall and venturing out in Glenumbra - totally freaked me out seeing so many other players in my game...the first couple of delves felt like an absolute race against time because so many other players were rushing through and killing everything and grabbing every chest - didn't really like that much...

once I hit the second map and the crowd's started thinning out I enjoyed the game a lot more...now a days when I'm not in cyro I barely see anyone in the maps I'm on (on console, so still pre one tamreil)...

hated pvp too when I first started, had a squishy NB and had to hide in the bushes all the time...a lot of times I would go on to different campaigns and there would be absolutely no one else playing there - not fun (although the cyro map is probably the nicest and most diverse environment, no desert though)...

hopefully you'll find some answers here to help you enjoy the game further :)
    Edited by geonsocal on October 14, 2016 6:19AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • bogustech
    bogustech
    Thanks guys appreciate all the feedback
  • bogustech
    bogustech
    Ok, so I did the quest and now I have her whistle and it turns me into a skeleton. Now what?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You blow the whistle in the mementos section of your collections tab then a cauldron appears. You drink from that and have 100% XP gain bonus for 2h and transformes you into a robed skeleton. Also any boss creature in the game will drop plunder skulls that contain style material and motifs for the Hollowjack style as well as various recipes. Unless you do the quest and activate the cauldron those "plunder skulls" won't drop.
    Edited by Asardes on October 14, 2016 12:46PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I did the quest and now I have her whistle and it turns me into a skeleton. Now what?

When you kill boss monsters as the skeleton you'll receive a purple skull plunder thing inside. It contains some random items (with a slight chance at getting a mask).
    You also receive 100% experience boost, so go nuts ;)
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I participate in The Witchmothers Bargain? I'm not sure what to do next. This is embarrassing but what's a delve? Is it the group dungeons? Does it matter if I do Veteran or Normal dungeons. I'm sorry guys. I've never played an MMO prior to this one. I've had this since launch for PS4 and I pop back in from time to time and I honestly don't feel like I'm playing this game the right way. IDK. I'm sorry for the dumb question any help is appreciated.

For PS4, since you don't have One Tamriel yet, I'd suggest doing the delves (torch ones) in your home alliance as it'll be a lower level and easier to breeze through.

You can purchase pumpkins (only one is needed) from any grocers in the game, and get guts from killing critters e.g. squirrels, rabbits, mice etc.

Killing the boss in the delve, normally located in the area of the dungeon with the largest open space or sometimes at the very end, will grant you the last recipe item once you loot the boss.

After this the quest updates and you need to go to where it points you in your own alliance zone.

Deltia includes all the steps needed on his helpful and comprehensive video here
    The Legendary Nothing
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We moved this thread to Players Helping Players
    Staff Post
  • Plynkes
    Plynkes
    As said above, once in skeleton form you need to kill bosses to get the the plunder skulls (which contain the event loot). These can be delve bosses (like the one you killed in the first part of the quest), bosses from public dungeons (and I assume the private instance dungeons too, but I haven't tried that myself), world bosses (those guys with the skull-and-crossbones marking them on the map) and I've heard bosses from the Coldharbor anchors. Did a couple of those and didn't get any skulls, though, so I can't confirm that one personally.

There are probably other bosses that count too, but those are the ones I've been doing. Don't know if the bosses you occasionally face in the single-player story count or not, as those are all my character's past. I'm sure other folks can chime in with what else you can fight to get the loot drops.

If you're new to the game some of these fights may be a little tricky on your own, but right now so many of these places have folks camping the bosses that you probably won't have to worry about that. Just get a good bit of damage in before the blighter goes down and you should get the reward.
  • Wolfhammer
    Wolfhammer
    ✭✭✭

Go grind bosses and dungeons for the skulls, get a pile of them and open = profit (maybe)
    Wolfhammer - Templar serving the Alith guild on EU