Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting set pieces

gamer559
gamer559
✭✭✭
Ok so I came across a woodworking table out in Auridon that does specialty crafting. I'm assuming there are other tables out in the world for other professions. My question is where in the world do you go to learn specialty sets? I'm talking about stuff like the The Law of Julianos set which is a low lvl armor set and others like it.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you have looked into the crafting side of things, eg woodwork, blacksmith, clothier etc you will see that you can ‘research traits’ on each item.

To research you need to deconstruct an item with that trait embedded. Either an item you find in the world or buy/made on guild stores etc.

You can research a number of items at a time depending on how many skill points you have put into the passive that enables multiple research items.

After time, you will start to build up researched traits.

Now, in the world you’ll find special craft stations like you have. These made special ‘sets’ of items that require a certain amount of traits needing to have been researched. Some are 3 traits, some are 4, 5, 6 etc etc.

The higher the number, the better the gear usually is.

If yours is showing as ‘no items available’ then you haven’t researched enough traits yet.

Im on around 4/5 traits having researched constantly for 1.5months. The more you research, every next steps gets longer. Hence why 9 trait crafters have spent over a year to get to that point.

As for where these special craft stations are, they are dotted around. Some need quests doing before you can access the area, others you will just find while exploring. The map logo for a special craft station is a fire coming from crossed hammers/tools
    Edited by Suter1972 on October 13, 2016 9:43AM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »
    Assuming you have looked into the crafting side of things, eg woodwork, blacksmith, clothier etc you will see that you can ‘research traits’ on each item.

To research you need to deconstruct an item with that trait embedded. Either an item you find in the world or buy/made on guild stores etc.

You can research a number of items at a time depending on how many skill points you have put into the passive that enables multiple research items.

After time, you will start to build up researched traits.

Now, in the world you’ll find special craft stations like you have. These made special ‘sets’ of items that require a certain amount of traits needing to have been researched. Some are 3 traits, some are 4, 5, 6 etc etc.

The higher the number, the better the gear usually is.

If yours is showing as ‘no items available’ then you haven’t researched enough traits yet.

Im on around 4/5 traits having researched constantly for 1.5months. The more you research, every next steps gets longer. Hence why 9 trait crafters have spent over a year to get to that point.

As for where these special craft stations are, they are dotted around. Some need quests doing before you can access the area, others you will just find while exploring. The map logo for a special craft station is a fire coming from crossed hammers/tools

great explanation.

but you made a little mistake there:

To research you need to deconstruct an item with that trait embedded. - this is not true, deconstructing an item will get you experience in that crafting skill line,
    and mats and trait stones and tempers - depending on your unlocking of the respective passive ability.

But to research a trait you need to go to the research tab in your crafting window and choose an item there.

I just add this for the OP ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks_28EcHKp8

especially this one: How Trait Research Works
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmmWDmaRvRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du9X5lKe2Pc

http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/crafting-guide/
    Edited by altemriel on October 13, 2016 11:11AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing to keep in mind with Traits. They can take a very long time to learn them all, but not so much time to get to a really effective level.

Follow this strategy:

Learn 2 Traits on the 7 armor pieces you use and the weapon and or shield that you use first. Then learn the 3rd, then the 4th etc. Once you get to 6 traits on items you use, start filling in traits on the other items. You may want to keep learning more traits on the stuff you use, but how many research slots you dedicate to this is up to you. However, by following this, you can make some useful set items in a week or two, and really powerful stuff in little over a month, depending on how much you stay on top of the trait research.
    Edited by Nestor on October 13, 2016 3:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    So basically when I learn enough traits it automatically unlocks at these special crafting stations spread throughout the world? Its not like provisioning where you have to learn something to make it?
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gamer559 wrote: »
    So basically when I learn enough traits it automatically unlocks at these special crafting stations spread throughout the world?

Correct.
    Edited by Tevalaur on October 13, 2016 9:22PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically when I learn enough traits it automatically unlocks at these special crafting stations spread throughout the world? Its not like provisioning where you have to learn something to make it?

Correct ...

... and ...

... the trait research is specific to each piece of armor or weapon.

For example, if you go to the Trader's Rest crafting station (Rivenspire) to make 4-trait Hist Bark pieces, a Pauldron that has 6 traits unlocked can be crafted. A shield that has 4 traits unlocked can be crafted. A fire staff with only 3 traits unlocked can not be crafted. So, what you decide to research first is important ... which unlocks the traits. See @Nestor's advice above ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 13, 2016 11:49PM
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭

Just remember to click over to the set item when at the crafting site otherwise youll just make a normal leather, cloth,metal piece which can work out very expensive.