The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What do you get for winning the duel?

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
Is the loot worth it?
Or do you get better titles? Like PVP titles.
What about tank or healer, so they lose out on duels?

Pc na
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An achievement is all you get. Once you win 100 duels, satisfaction is all you get at all. Unless you join one of the player- created dueling circuits already forming.

It's one-on-one. A tank can win through just wasting the opponent's resources and killing them through DoTs that the opponent no longer has Magicka to purge. The healer just has to do the same thing while healing and shielding through the damage instead of mitigating.
    Edited by Mic1007 on October 12, 2016 12:27PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    An achievement is all you get. Once you win 100 duels, satisfaction is all you get at all. Unless you join one of the player- created dueling circuits already forming.

No loot? No gold?
    Pc na
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get a gold if you find a player who want to bet with you before a fight.
    I saw one asking around in Craglorn on NA server few days ago. The actual bid was 5k gold. But were no takers and the guy was yelling about cowards ;) .
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no to both... ONLY an achievement ... i duel for the fun of it ( cause its EXTREMELY fun ) its a good way to help work on builds... when i lose i take that opportunity to see what needs to be changed
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on October 12, 2016 12:33PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Get in a dueling guild and bet. I enjoy side bets on fights myself
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »

No loot? No gold?

Nothing. Giving gold could be exploited, as someone could just ask another player to duel and kill each other over and over until they feel rich enough. Same goes for AP really. So they left out rewards from the system itself, leaving the playerbase to use their imagination.
    Edited by Mic1007 on October 12, 2016 12:35PM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No loot? No gold?

Nothing. Giving gold could be exploited, as someone could just ask another player to duel and kill each other over and over until they feel rich enough. Same goes for AP really. So they left out rewards from the system itself, leaving the playerbase to use their imagination.

Good design.
    Pc na
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw anyone tried to duel in werewolf form? Is it allowed by game in general? I wonder is it any advantage or rather bad idea.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WW played right in a duel is deadly as ***.
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭

No loot? No gold?

you know they could do this.... In a structured form with a in game gold buy in.... Run ladders in week time spans, give % of purse based on attendance and amount, throw in weapons and gear like cyrodil as well

Edited by Lucious90 on October 12, 2016 12:43PM
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Btw anyone tried to duel in werewolf form? Is it allowed by game in general? I wonder is it any advantage or rather bad idea.

You can duel in WW of course. Its up to you whether there is an advantage or not, though, as you will have higher resist/damage in WW but will also have a weakness to any stam builds that have poison abilities and/or use beast trap. Be wary of stam dks if u choose that route.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you duel someone wearing Velidreth, do not go into WW form. :D
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ive won some and lost some against a few ww's during duels... i normally duel on my magDK, so i use talons/fossilize ALOT on them to outtime the transformation if i cant beat them while they are in ww form
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I have a tip for you. If you decide to pick a fight at an Undaunted quest area...you better look for those shields on players backs. This guy came at me the other day. Templar full of all kinds of tricks and confidence...'cept my dungeon run tank build is not something that goes down very easy. He tried for about 9 minutes and then ran away.

Tanks that run dungeons have a very special build meant to survive almost anything. They usually carry a shield. :-P

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Oh I have a tip for you. If you decide to pick a fight at an Undaunted quest area...you better look for those shields on players backs. This guy came at me the other day. Templar full of all kinds of tricks and confidence...'cept my dungeon run tank build is not something that goes down very easy. He tried for about 9 minutes and then ran away.

Tanks that run dungeons have a very special build meant to survive almost anything. They usually carry a shield. :-P

Yea, tanks won't die, but you can't win either, not enough dps.
    Pc na
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No loot? No gold?

this is also how you can get the achievement quickly and then never have to bother duelling again
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer my divines armour, cbf crafting impenetrable just to dual weirdos. Prize or no prize I have it auto decline
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True that! But I was just standing around not looking for a fight. It's the same as PvP. The best I can do is become really annoying by not dying!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you duel someone wearing Velidreth, do not go into WW form. :D

Ww are weak to poison not disease, velidreth hits like it normally would.

Bakkagami wrote: »

You can duel in WW of course. Its up to you whether there is an advantage or not, though, as you will have higher resist/damage in WW but will also have a weakness to any stam builds that have poison abilities and/or use beast trap. Be wary of stam dks if u choose that route.

Your mean't to empty your ult before a duel, the fact it doesn't auto empty anyway is just stupid...

Otherwise you get people who instantly use a 325 costing ult and transform in ww, or you get sorc with 1k ultimate spamming overload.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you get for winning a duel.....

I don't know, something called enjoyment?
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan on offer 10k in zone chat to the first person to beat me in a duel when it drops on console :)

But nothing is given guaranteed
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've moved this thread to Dueling
    Staff Post
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can, if you out-sustain your opponent. Once their stam and magicka is gone, you don't need to do much damage.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Your prize is not getting the title "corpse"
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame you can make a bet before hand using in game mechanics. And spectators too, would be awesome. A bookie appears and holds the gold (or even items) in escrow.

More needs to made of side games and gambling in inns etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • BlanketFort
    BlanketFort
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha! Oh man, soon we are going to have bookies! How exciting! Is there an arena of some sort where you can sit on benches and watch the fight? I'd pay with my hard-earned gold (I'm poor, ok?) just to watch a fight between top-tier duellers! Preferably a fight that would last at least 5 minutes so I really get the bang for my buck :smiley:
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I got salt when i did my first duel, even was called a pedo because I'm 29 and apparently playing a kids game :lol:
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can someone recommend a duelling guild pls or send me an invite? i d love to join a guild that is prepping for BG.
    @makofore on NA PC