Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A Question About Writ Reward Boxes

MasterGohan
MasterGohan
✭✭
As the title would suggest, I have a question about the boxes you get from doing writs. I have a bunch in my inventory that I've been saving for when One Tamriel hits (I'm on console). I've already opened them and each one contains a survey that I already have a copy of in my inventory. My question is will I lose those surveys that are still in boxes when the update hits? Thanks to anyone who answers!!
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope they will still be there when OT hits
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And surveys now stack!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    Thank you both!!!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, the Survey Drop rate from the containers has been nerfed. I have done writs for a week now, and have only two surveys to show for it. Usually I would get 5 to 10 surveys a week, if not more across several characters.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jamesbr1b14_ESO
    Nestor wrote: »
    And, the Survey Drop rate from the containers has been nerfed. I have done writs for a week now, and have only two surveys to show for it. Usually I would get 5 to 10 surveys a week, if not more across several characters.

I haven't even had two in the past week, and I was getting 1-4 a day before. I DO, however, get these resource boxes with 25 ea materials in it. But I'm turning in and crafting using top tier level mats and getting back birch, cotton, dwarven ore, etc... Not once have I received mats for the appropriate level that I turned in. The surveys were the ONLY reason I do writs, because the chance at getting (APPROPRIATE level) additional materials. Without them, I am just wasting materials that I could be using to craft gear for myself, or others. The resource boxes might be a good idea, but to take away the surveys seems to be a step backwards, and I'm having a difficult time justifying even doing writs if this continues!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without them, I am just wasting materials that I could be using to craft gear for myself, or others. The resource boxes might be a good idea, but to take away the surveys seems to be a step backwards, and I'm having a difficult time justifying even doing writs if this continues!

@Jamesbr1b14_ESO

The Shipments are a band aid for the lack of being able to farm intermediate mats. I am trying to figure out if ZOS is looking at the overall system, being that now, we can farm CP160 mats in every zone, if our character and or material level is maxed. So, perhaps they think the surveys are not as needed as before as the mats are more abundant. However, the whole mats itemization has been turned on it's head, and not in a good way.

However, I see the Writs as a closed system, other than starting out, they should pay for themselves in Mats, at least over time. And, so far, they do not. At least with Equipment and Enchanting they don't. Alchemy and Provisioning do, other than Nirns seem to have vanished from the world.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    ...other than Nirns seem to have vanished from the world.

Aside from that one Blacksmithing writ that requires 5 items (the one I always skip), this is my biggest pet peeve about the current writs - that all but one of the max alchemy writs requires 3 nirnroot! It's the only crafting material that I purchase from time to time, and I do it solely to provide materials for my writs.

• MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    Nirnroots have disappeared? Even from nodes where they used to spawn?