Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Did you test spriggan vs hundings (pve) ?

RazielSR
RazielSR
✭✭✭✭✭
Ive been testing a bit in 1 dungeon and it is me or maybe is less damage with 5 spriggan vs 5 hunding?

As there is no dummy is a bit difficult to test.

Does some of you have impressions?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing is what you want. Not impressions.

Get a tank and healer and use bloodspawn to test both sets. While bloodspawn is a short fight it's still an easy way to check changes like what your looking at. I'd do a couple of three pulls with each set to reply test it. At the least make sure your rotation is the same.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amd who is telling you my rotation is not the same?

Its all exactly the same just changing spriggan for hunding. A tank is not a test I want to try with cause this is not for pvp. I prefer testing with bosses or read others opinions.

Ofc,your post adds nothing.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on your group. If noone is debuffing the boss, spriggan is strong, if you have people using alkosh, nmg or sunderflame, it's overkill so you don't get benefits from it.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on October 11, 2016 3:38PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RazielSR wrote: »

Its all exactly the same just changing spriggan for hunding. A tank is not a test I want to try with cause this is not for pvp. I prefer testing with bosses or read others opinions.

His post adds nothing? lol. He's telling you how to test it. Run it a couple of times so you can account for human errors and you'll have your answer.
    Edited by Brrrofski on October 11, 2016 3:39PM
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your group. If noone is debuffing the boss, spriggan is strong, if you have people using alkosh, nmg or sunderflame, it's overkill so you don't get benefits from it.

Ok so I guess this set is just for some cases as expected. Thats why I guess nmg is maybe more useful cause of the extra crit in case you dont need penetration in that moment so you dont lose dps.
    Edited by RazielSR on October 11, 2016 3:43PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ummmm, OP, he was trying to tell you how to test the sets but you totally misread his message. Bloodspawn is a boss in Vet Spindleclutch. And what he meant by keeping the same rotation, is being sure you used the same skill rotation when you tested against the boss. So you would wear one set, go up against the boss and check your DPS numbers, change out your gear, and then repeat. The tank is there to keep the boss occupied while you are doing the DPS check, the healer is there to keep your arse alive. Get it? :)

Edited by Ashtaris on October 11, 2016 3:50PM
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway maybe even hundings is better cause that extra penetration you get from crits with nmg means not much if you dont have more than 75/80 crit chance.

In the meantime you get extra stam from hunding plus 171 more weap damage so all in all would be more dps.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

Ummmm, OP, he was trying to tell you how to test the sets but you totally misread his message. Bloodspawn is a boss in Vet Spindleclutch. And what he meant by keeping the same rotation, is being sure you used the same skill rotation when you tested against the boss. So you would wear one set, go up against the boss and check your DPS numbers, change out your gear, and then repeat. Get it? :)

Sorry I misread cause Im on mobile at work. I read to test with a tank wearing blodspawn set.

Hey sorry Giles!
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyway maybe even hundings is better cause that extra penetration you get from crits with nmg means not much if you dont have more than 75/80 crit chance.

In the meantime you get extra stam from hunding plus 171 more weap damage so all in all would be more dps.

Nmg is better than hundings for solo (and difference gets bigger the more CP we get, like agility vs minor slayer). Now spriggan is probably bis for vma, solo content or dungeons where you are the only stamina dd, unless there are armor debuf on the mobs that put them under 4k physical resist, like alkosh or nmg.

Anyway, crit chance is really easy to get as stamina. 70% is even low.
    Edited by caperon on October 11, 2016 3:56PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, have no idea of your rotation. We just need to calm down.

I was just trying to he thorough with my suggestion. Also, as others have pointed out no buffs except for puncture. Fight is to short for buffed.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For short:
    - If your base damage is really bad, Hundings is going to shine, because it gives mostly flat bonuses
    - If your base damage is high, Spriggan is going to shine, because it offers a multiplicative bonus

Depending on group coordination, you might or not get the full effect of Spriggan's penetration, altho it only really matters in a trial situation, where you can have multiple people dedicated to debuffing.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for Spriggan without a doubt, because it takes extremely poor base stats for Hundings to be better than Spriggan.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    But I'm confused, you can't even run hundings and nmg at the same time.

you could run hundings and spriggan though....
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, have no idea of your rotation. We just need to calm down.

I was just trying to he thorough with my suggestion. Also, as others have pointed out no buffs except for puncture. Fight is to short for buffed.

True mate. It was me misreading. Sorry.
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    For short:
    - If your base damage is really bad, Hundings is going to shine, because it gives mostly flat bonuses
    - If your base damage is high, Spriggan is going to shine, because it offers a multiplicative bonus

Depending on group coordination, you might or not get the full effect of Spriggan's penetration, altho it only really matters in a trial situation, where you can have multiple people dedicated to debuffing.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for Spriggan without a doubt, because it takes extremely poor base stats for Hundings to be better than Spriggan.

So for random pugs(dungeons pugs) mainly better stay sprigan?
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mad0ni0n wrote: »

No but with this stamdk I go with agility jewelry+kragh set.
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 2 precise spriggan daggers i get the best of 2 worlds?
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    With 2 precise spriggan daggers i get the best of 2 worlds?

That is true. I think I will try 5 hunding/5 sprigg/2 kragh and will be the best.
    Edited by RazielSR on October 11, 2016 4:31PM
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For DPS tests I prefer the scaled court conjurer in vSO. The one right before the Possessed Manticore. No healer required.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So people would you go 5 hunding/5 sprigg or 5 nmg/5 sprigg?

hehe I think i will go 5nmg/5 sprigg with the stamplar and 5hunding/5 sprigg with the stamdk.
    Edited by RazielSR on October 11, 2016 4:49PM
  • Martol
    Martol
    ✭✭✭
    Where do these weapons drop in bangkorai?
    i jest wanna git gud ;_;
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    Martol wrote: »
    Where do these weapons drop in bangkorai?

That info is here:

alcasthq.com/gearlocation/
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

yes you can... if you DW

Equip three hunding armor, three NMG armor and two hundings weapons and two NMG weapons.

Strike with NMG 5pc until it procs the crit and reduces enemy resistance, the swap to the other bar and attack with hundings 5pc where you now have the damage boost from hundings applying against the damaged defense lingering for 5 secs from NMG. Thats when you drop ulti if you want. After 5 sec, switch back to NMG side, etc.

they key to this being the NMG 5pc effects lasts for enough secs to let you swap andf get several good hits with the boosted weapon dmg (plus there 2-3-4pc bonuses are all good so hardly matters for those stats.)

You could even run precise on NMG for the crit chance and then go with other options for the hundings.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

yes you can... if you DW

Equip three hunding armor, three NMG armor and two hundings weapons and two NMG weapons.

Strike with NMG 5pc until it procs the crit and reduces enemy resistance, the swap to the other bar and attack with hundings 5pc where you now have the damage boost from hundings applying against the damaged defense lingering for 5 secs from NMG. Thats when you drop ulti if you want. After 5 sec, switch back to NMG side, etc.

they key to this being the NMG 5pc effects lasts for enough secs to let you swap andf get several good hits with the boosted weapon dmg (plus there 2-3-4pc bonuses are all good so hardly matters for those stats.)

You could even run precise on NMG for the crit chance and then go with other options for the hundings.

Ah ok thank you for the explanation. do people actually run this build in pve or is it more a pvp thing?
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Biggest "WTF" post of 2016.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

yes you can... if you DW

I commonly craft this setup for customers. As well as a bow in Hundings. This way if they enter a trial dungeon they swap the nmg bar out with the bow, so they don't have overlapping nmg builds if another DPS is running it.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭

Ehm, even with 50% crit rate I can guarantee that the penetration from NMG would be up 100% of the time. You have 6 seconds to refresh it, which should be around 6-10 attacks.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Duckbutta
    Duckbutta
    ✭✭✭
    BiS for stam builds is 2 Kra'gh, 5 NMG/Sprigg (depending on group composition), 3 VO jewelry, and vMA weapons.
    Daggerfall Covenant [NA/PC] - Requiem | Elder Scrolls Exchange | Nightfighters | Ethereal Traders Union | Centuria Invictus

Smush M’gush | Orsimer | Stam DK DPS [Trials Guide] [vMA Guide]
    Bill Clawsby | Khajiit | Stam NB PvP/DPS
    Yolo Swagginborn | Breton | Mag Templar DPS [vMA Guide]
    Tastes-Like-Chícken | Argonian | Mag DK Tank
    Cholo Laggins | Altmer | Mag NB DPS [vMA Guide]
    Critney Spearz | Redguard | Stam Templar DPS
    Michael Boltin | Imperial | Stam Sorc DPS
    Sherlock Ohms | Altmer | Mag Sorc DPS
    Pyro Ren | Dunmer | Mag DK DPS
    Mules-All-Gear | Argonian | Mag Templar Healer
    Lil Bossmer | Bosmer | Stam Warden DPS