Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dragon Scute

Uriel_Nocturne
Uriel_Nocturne
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm having the toughest time with amassing any appreciable amount of Dragon Scute.

I have most all of the Ebonheart Pact Motif (I'm only missing that damnable Shoulders Page...), and I love the way it looks. But I cannot, for the life of me, find any place to farm Dragon Scute to be able to craft it.

I know it's a PvP/Cyrodiil thing, and I know that my disdain for PvP of any type might be hampering me. I also know that there's a vendor that sells it for 10k points for 1 piece of Scute. But since I don't PvP or partake in the Alliance War, my Alliance Points have been at 6k for over six months.

- Are there NPC enemies in Cyrodiil that reliably drop Dragon Scute?
- Are there vendors that might sell it for regular Gold (since there's no way I'm going to be amassing the Alliance Points necessary)?
- Is there any Guild traders in Cyrodiil who might be stocking an appreciable amount of Dragon Scute for sale?

Any help I can get from the Community on this is much appreciated.

If it matters; I'm on Xbox One NA, and my GT is Vampire Nox.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think ( i could be wrong ) that u can only get it from the telvar merchants for 1k Telvars or from seige merchants for 10k AP
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    W0lf_z13 wrote: »
    i think ( i could be wrong ) that u can only get it from the telvar merchants for 1k Telvars or from seige merchants for 10k AP
    That would make sense, I guess.

But then I need to find a reliable way to get back to the Pact Base in the IC after a foray out killing Daedra.

I try the sewer entrances in various districts, but they always keep placing me deep inside the Dominion and Covenant sides of the Sewers... so I end up forfeiting over half my TV stones trying to get back to the EP base...

The entire PvP side of the game has been nothing but a massive, stroke-inducing frustration for me.

When I'm out in the Districts, I can even see the "safe area" I dropped in from, I can just never get back to it.

I *** HATE having to go into the PvP side of the game just to make armor that looks good. And then to have no safe ways back to the base to buy said Style Material? I want to scream incoherently at the Developers over this massive hassle.

I can handle going into the IC to kill some Daedra for the TelVar Stones. I can handle that I take the risk that a zerg will arrive and forcibly take those Stones (which is why I work very hard to avoid any/all actual PvP).

But to have the paths back to safety be so damn obscured... Seriously. I have only ever lost a handful of TV Stones to enemy players. I have lost a FORTUNE worth of TV Stones to the game itself just trying to get back to a safe zone so I can spend them...

Gods... just talking about it has me worked up enough to almost throw a controller...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think the sewer entrances ud be using would be memorial or arena ... also u could get sigils from the merchant for AP which would just port u to the base without loss of telvars
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i think the sewer entrances ud be using would be memorial or arena ... also u could get sigils from the merchant for AP which would just port u to the base without loss of telvars
    I'll have to see about that. Because as it stands right now, it's just a frustrating slog...

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah lol, i had to ask another DC member which was the closest entrance to the DC base cause i just jumped into one to get away from one of the world bosses there and ended up all the way in AD territory

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Uriel_Nocturne Check out this map. It is interactive in that you can hover over the sewer entrances and see the name of the sewer it leads to.

EP Faction entrances (closest to EP Base) are the Hypogeum sewers in the Memorial and Arena districts. Using the sewer entrances in the other districts will place you near the other faction's bases.

You might need to double check, or someone correct me if I am wrong as I don't recall exactly, but I believe the memorial entrance to the sewers is going to drop you closer to the EP base than the Arena one will.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Using the sewer entrances in the other districts will place you near the other faction's bases.

You might need to double check, or someone correct me if I am wrong as I don't recall exactly, but I believe the memorial entrance to the sewers is going to drop you closer to the EP base than the Arena one will.

that is correct, elven and nobles are closest to DC base

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know if this has changed since the up date, but the throphy vaults in IC. When I have a the 60 pieces for a key, I run my EP or AD out there to collect. Any piece I don't like I decon on my crafter. That gives a chance at getting the style item for those alliances.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Uriel_Nocturne Check out this map. It is interactive in that you can hover over the sewer entrances and see the name of the sewer it leads to.

EP Faction entrances (closest to EP Base) are the Hypogeum sewers in the Memorial and Arena districts. Using the sewer entrances in the other districts will place you near the other faction's bases.

Using the sewer entrances in the other districts will place you near the other faction's bases.

that is correct, elven and nobles are closest to DC base
    driosketch wrote: »
    I don't know if this has changed since the up date, but the throphy vaults in IC. When I have a the 60 pieces for a key, I run my EP or AD out there to collect. Any piece I don't like I decon on my crafter. That gives a chance at getting the style item for those alliances.

Awesome!

Thank you all. This will save me many headaches starting tonight. :D

Now I can just farm the Memorial and Arena Districts, and I can just escape to "home" with my precious points! :)

*** I still wish there were a better way to farm/buy the Style mats though... ***

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Check guild traders in the main cities, I got 10 for 10k to make my set (xbox EU).

If they're not being sold try asking someone who pvp's, a guild mate or in zone chat, if they can buy you some in exchange for gold.

This won't help if you want to craft a set any time soon but I've got some from either hirelings or the undaunted rewards for doing random dungeons as a non-pvp way to get some
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Check guild traders in the main cities, I got 10 for 10k to make my set (xbox EU).

If they're not being sold try asking someone who pvp's, a guild mate or in zone chat, if they can buy you some in exchange for gold.

This won't help if you want to craft a set any time soon but I've got some from either hirelings or the undaunted rewards for doing random dungeons as a non-pvp way to get some
    Yeah. I knew about the hirelings, but I've exhausted the Guild Traders in all the Main Hubs last night on Xbox NA. I was going to try a few more in those "out of the way" trader stalls before heading out creature hunting in IC tonight.

It's so rare right now that it's hard to find a Trader that has more than one in stock. And it might be picky, but I'm not paying 5k+ for a single Scute... lol

So I think I may just try the "creature farming for TV Stones" method tonight, and see how many I can buy by the time my night must end.

Thank you for the help though. It is appreciated.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just buy them at the traders. There are always some in stock. Right now I'm sitting at about 150 dragon scutes bought over the last 3-4 months.

AP is also extremely easy to get. Just defend keeps and stay near groups.

No big deal really.