Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unearthing the past quest (Betnikh) [spoilers] - a feature or a bug?

maboleth
maboleth
✭✭✭✭✭
I've managed to carefully ask the questions to get the answers without killing the captives. However, as soon as I spoke to the Queen Nurese & Drago, the game disabled other interrogations and sent me straight to the stones, marking everything as "completed". Why I couldn't ask and talk with Frederique or the Princess Visanne?

Is this normal or a bug? I did find how to open the door and what the king was planing there though...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't remember if it is the order or not, but once you find out what you need, the Interrogations end, even if you have not talked to everyone. I always forget to read the notes and books laying around there, so I end up getting most of these memories killed.

There was also a large lag in time between the first 4 characters I took through this and the last one. I do remember the last one could not talk to everyone, but I put that down to the order in which I interrogated them. Maybe this is a bug, but it has been around for months.

However, as long as you have done the quest, gotten the objective, and moved the Main Quest for the zone along, don't worry too much about was missed.

Also, you should be able to go back and read the Lore Books I mentioned above to get most of the story that you might have missed. If you can't get back, in the Delve, they should be near the Entrance glowing for you.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Nestor. There wasn't any lag now. I read the books & notes. I have checked now the walkthrough on 2 wikis and nobody mentioned premature interrogation completion after successfully getting the information from Queen & Drago. I managed to finish the quest normally. It does make sense, because I really got all the information I needed from those two.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant lag in time between my first characters doing this quest and the last one who did it. I do remember talking to more of the memories the first time through, at least on most of my characters back then.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, me too... but first time I did this quest, I have used the pendant and was very awful in questioning the captives. I wonder though should I file a bug report or whether this is normal when you gather enough information from those two.